ImageImage

Today's Team Meeting

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Today's Team Meeting 

Post#1 » by europa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:36 am

I've gotten some details about today's meeting. I'm still in the midst of finding out what I can and cannot post but in general terms let's just say it apparently wasn't very productive and it probably only served to make an angry and divided locker room more angry and divided.

From what I've been told, there are A LOT of personal conflicts going on right now and some of them seemed to have come to a head in the meeting today. One of the few things the players all seemed to agree upon is nobody liked hearing Krystkowiak throw them all under the bus after last night's game. So everyone was apparently quite anxious for today's team meeting but nothing good appeared to have come from it and from the sounds of it nothing was solved. Not by a longshot.

As xTitan posted in another thread, Kohl is influencing (or trying to influence) who gets playing time but he isn't being entirely successful. From the sounds of it, Krystkowiak is losing this team rather quickly and after today he may have lost it for good.

I'll post more if I can but the bottom line here is things appear to be getting real real ugly. I've run out of adjectives to describe what an utter mess this team is. I apologize for not providing clearer details but until I get the OK on what I can or cannot post I didn't want to get into too many specifics. But I wanted to at least provide a general overview of how a bad situation appears to only be getting worse.
Nothing will not break me.
magpies
Senior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by magpies » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:38 am

I know that Bogut canceled a radio interview in Australia due to he had to attend a team meeting that was called by surprise
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#3 » by mcfromage » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:39 am

Wow, thanks for the info - great post. Obviously we'd all love to hear some more specifics and await your further word.

Regardless of the outcome I find this news encouraging as it indicates a wide dissatisfaction with the current status quo and will hopefully lead to changes of some kind or another.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#4 » by WRau1 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:43 am

Bobby Simmons must be upset. If you are a hooker and live in the Milwaukee area, I'd watch out...
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Durbanfish4
Sophomore

Post#5 » by Durbanfish4 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:44 am

Things just keep getting more and more interesting.... :nod:
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Andrew34r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:45 am

This team is a disaster.
europa
RealGM

Post#7 » by europa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:51 am

A few additional items of note:

1. Another thing the players seem unified on is their befuddlement over how Krystkowiak runs the team, especially with regard to his rotations. Plenty of guys are unhappy about that, saying they don't think playing time is being given out appropriately, nobody knows their roles and his in-game adjustments leave a lot to be desired.

2. Krystkowiak apparently started the meeting by trying to get everyone to fill out a piece of paper that equated the team to being in a war. He wanted to know if the players were with one another in the fox hole, out on their own or conspiring with the enemy. I was told the players were stunned by this approach and nobody filled anything out. Things pretty much went downhill from there.

3. Based on what I was told, Redd sounds absolutely depressed about the state of the team.

4. Bogut apparently tried to step up and take charge during the meeting but he was mocked at one point by Mo for being on a rookie contract and having no clout and so he should sit down and shut the hell up. He didn't say much, if anything, after that.

5. Let's just say the attitude in the locker room toward Mo isn't all that warm and fuzzy based on what I was told.

Again, there are apparently plenty of personal conflicts going on. One of the biggest reactions I had to the info I was given was I'm starting to fear that Bogut may not be with this team beyond his rookie deal. If he's being openly mocked in a team meeting, what possible reason would he have to stay?
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Andrew34r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:53 am

europa wrote:A few additional items of note:

1. Another thing the players seem unified on is their befuddlement over how Krystkowiak runs the team, especially with regard to his rotations. Plenty of guys are unhappy about that, saying they don't think playing time is being given out appropriately, nobody knows their roles and his in-game adjustments leave a lot to be desired.

2. Krystkowiak apparently started the meeting by trying to get everyone to fill out a piece of paper that equated the team to being in a war. He wanted to know if the players were with one another in the fox hole, out on their own or conspiring with the enemy. [b]I was told the players were stunned by this approach and nobody filled anything out.[/b] Things pretty much went downhill from there.

3. Based on what I was told, Redd sounds absolutely depressed about the state of the team.

4. Bogut apparently tried to step up and take charge during the meeting but he was mocked at one point by Mo for being on a rookie contract and having no clout and so he should sit down and shut the hell up. He didn't say much, if anything, after that.

5. Let's just say the attitude in the locker room toward Mo isn't all that warm and fuzzy based on what I was told.

Again, there are apparently plenty of personal conflicts going on. One of the biggest reactions I had to the info I was given was I'm starting to fear that Bogut may not be with this team beyond his rookie deal. If he's being openly mocked in a team meeting, what possible reason would he have to stay?

That made me laugh. :rofl:
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:54 am

Kudos to Bogut for stepping up and try to lead, it's upsetting to hear he was told to sit down, because he might be the closest thing to a leader this team has.

It's pretty apparent this team doesn't like each other. Changes have to be coming.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#10 » by DH34Phan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:54 am

europa wrote:3. Based on what I was told, Redd sounds absolutely depressed about the state of the team.

AKA Michael is the good guy, Mo is the bad guy. europa post copyright 2005-2008.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#11 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:55 am

europa wrote:Bogut apparently tried to step up and take charge during the meeting but he was mocked at one point by Mo for being on a rookie contract and having no clout and so he should sit down and shut the hell up.

......Let's just say the attitude in the locker room toward Mo isn't all that warm and fuzzy based on what I was told.

This whole team is about getting "mine" so I can see the resentment now switching focus from Redd to Mo since Mo has been the shooter the last three games. That said, I'm not sure who can shoot consistently. Just as the Redd guys said last year Redd needed to shoot because no one else could, I'm thinking right now Mo needs to shoot because other stuff isn't working.

With the mess this team has, what I'm trying to figure out is whether this team does have more talent than thought but that Larry K. is just a disaster as coach......and that a new coach has to be a priority as well.
Magic 32
Banned User

Post#12 » by Magic 32 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:55 am

When team meetings are called last minute you know things are getting bad! All this revolves around one person, and everyone has their ideas who it may be. But we will find out soon enough because the deadline is coming. Anyone on this team can get traded at this point. Even Redd!

Thanks for the update!
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#13 » by DH34Phan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:56 am

I am glad Redd is "absolutely depressed" about the team. I am sure he was just watching as others were trying to speak up.

Maybe Max Redd should learn a little leadership himself. He is the captain of this sinking ship.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#14 » by aboveAverage » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:56 am

This is what happens when you lose. At least the players are airing some things out. It's better than all this bs positive talk.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#15 » by WRau1 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:57 am

Where has Simmons BFF, BucksSkinsFan been lately? I'm sure he has some interesting stories to tell about this team over the past month.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#16 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:58 am

This whole sorry crew needs to be broken up.....and before the trade deadline....

I can't really bother arguing with you guys and myself over whether this guy is more to blame than the other.....Bogut and Yi seem to be good guys. After that, back up the truck.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Andrew34r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:59 am

The Mo part was funny too....little 6'1 Mo told 7'0 Andrew Bogut to sit down and shut the hell up. And Bogut did? Are you kidding? :noway:
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#18 » by xTitan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:59 am

Bogut should have put that hairy little bastard through a wall......who is shocked? Everyone knew what the problems of this team was last year, so what do you do? You go out and throw a ton of money at the problems and do nothing to fix them.
europa
RealGM

Post#19 » by europa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:59 am

DH34Phan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

AKA Michael is the good guy, Mo is the bad guy. europa post copyright 2005-2008.

I have no reason to make any of this up. I'm sorry if it doesn't fit with your preconceived beliefs about this team.

This whole team is about getting "mine" so I can see the resentment now switching focus from Redd to Mo since Mo has been the shooter the last three games.

I've been told quite a bit about that but apparently I'm just a MoHater so I suppose I'll just keep that to myself for the time being.
DamirMarkota52
Ballboy

Post#20 » by DamirMarkota52 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:01 am

After reading this, it just concretes my opinion as to why the hell we re-signed Mo.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks