ImageImageImage

Rumor Alert...Andrew Bogut in the mix?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tor
Freshman
And1: 0

Rumor Alert...Andrew Bogut in the mix? 

Post#1 » by Tor » Fri May 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Take it as you will, but someone on the another forum who is known to have sources within the Target Center has revealed some recent rumors. Again, take it as you will...

# Big Chief Patterned Sweater LOVES Lopez. If he shows solid outside shooting, they think that compliments Al. Ummmm, hello? Mark Blount comparisons in play!
# Miami is doing the same thing the Wolves are, using Mayo steam as a bargaining chip
# There are "big names" being thrown around as guys who are get-able using the 2nd or 3rd pick (One is a Nugget stud who many of you have mentioned but I want no part of, although it's still fascinating; one is an Aussie Buck who could also be intriguing)
# Miami definitely hopes the Wolves try to move up, and it's no secret they're dreaming about our extra upcoming first rounders. This sounded unlikely from the MN side.
# A trade is a real possibility, with up or down being possible. From the rest of the conversation, I'd guess down was more likely (and significantly more disappointing to me)
# If we trade for a big we'd target someone like Gallinari, Bayless, or possibly the Indiana guy I want ZERO part of
# Like we all suspected, trading both 2nds would be ideal
# FINALLY what I consider good news... If we stand pat and get Mayo, they're optimistic a decent center like "The Other" Lopez or even Hibbert, and maybe a nice PG could be available with our second round picks

Interesting stuff if true. What would everyone think of trading #3 for Bogut and the #8 pick? We'd land our center and have the opportunity to grab a decent player such as Gallinari or Augustine.

But in the end, I'd still want Mayo and role with a center in round 2.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#2 » by theGreatRC » Fri May 23, 2008 6:31 pm

So this guy is a reliable source?

The Miami thing hoping Wolves try to move up is interesting, but as he said, sounds unlikely.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#3 » by Tekkenlaw » Fri May 23, 2008 6:33 pm

If they aren't going to use the pick on Mayo I'd much rather have Andrew Bogut than Brook Lopez.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,546

Post#4 » by Worm Guts » Fri May 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Would it be the #3 for Bogut and #8 or just #3 for Bogut?
TheYounGunz
Junior

Post#5 » by TheYounGunz » Fri May 23, 2008 6:46 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Would it be the #3 for Bogut and #8 or just #3 for Bogut?

There would have to be players involved
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,546

Post#6 » by Worm Guts » Fri May 23, 2008 6:51 pm

TheYounGunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There would have to be players involved

Yes, but I'm wondering which valued pieces would be involved. I don't care about the filler.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,661

Post#7 » by Calinks » Fri May 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Unless we are getting something good or trading up screw dumping the 2 second rounders. I think we should spend both of them of BIGS if we draft Mayo.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Tor
Freshman

Post#8 » by Tor » Fri May 23, 2008 6:57 pm

Worm Guts wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes, but I'm wondering which valued pieces would be involved. I don't care about the filler.

I was the one who threw in the 8th pick from the original rumor of #3 for Bogut. I just assumed the 8th pick would also be involved if it were to happen. I could be wrong. If there is no 8th pick involved, then I would REALLY dislike the deal. In fact, I think I'd rather role with Lopez than Bogut.

Mayo > Bogut and #8 > Lopez > Bogut alone

That's how I'd rank it.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 716

Post#9 » by karch34 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:07 pm

The Bogut rumor is interesting. I wouldn't do it for the #3 without getting the #8 though.

I guess part of it is if they like Lopez then Bogut would be expendable, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. They could be looking at Mayo which would then make Redd easier to deal for a big man.

Buckner and McCants would work salary wise, but once again makes no sense if they're targeting Mayo.

I doubt it would happen, but I'd probably do Bogut, Villanueva, and #8 for Walker, #3, and other considerations (2nd rounders or Boston 1st). Bogut fills our C position better than Lopez, for his faults CV would be a talented front court player off the bench, and we'd still have #8 to get a good player. Gallanari, Randolph, Bayless?
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#10 » by Tekkenlaw » Fri May 23, 2008 7:08 pm

It would be awesome if gallinari dropped to #8.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#11 » by revprodeji » Fri May 23, 2008 7:21 pm

I would need bogut and the 8th. Not just bogut. Simply because I see Lopez and Bogut on the same playing level. But if they were willing to do Bogut and the 8th for 3rd+filler than I would have to seriously consideer it.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,869

Post#12 » by emunney » Fri May 23, 2008 7:34 pm

Bucks fans wouldn't be interested in the slightest in moving the 8 and Bogut for the 3, but you never know what GMs have in mind. Doesn't seem likely, though. I would think that if the Bucks trade for the 3, you'll end up with Bogut and not much else with salary filler coming back to Milwaukee. And most of us in the Bucks forum will be piiiiiissed.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#13 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:34 pm

revprodeji wrote:I would need bogut and the 8th. Not just bogut. Simply because I see Lopez and Bogut on the same playing level. But if they were willing to do Bogut and the 8th for 3rd+filler than I would have to seriously consideer it.

It's doubtful that the Bucks would do Bogut for #3/filler, there is absolutely zero chance they would do Bogut and #8 for #3/filler. Bogut would go #3 in this draft without question.
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#14 » by prefuse73 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:37 pm

I would think about maybe #8 and Bogut for #3. It is likely they would want McCants so they could trade Redd in another deal.

would we do #3 + McCants for #8 and Bogut. This definately puts in the bucks favor.... I like the idea of getting bogut though and at #8 we could take flyer on Jordan or Randolph.

Bogut - Jordan
Jefferson - Gomes
Brewer - Gomes
McCants - Jaric
Foye - Telfair
RAtheMONsession
Sophomore

Post#15 » by RAtheMONsession » Fri May 23, 2008 7:37 pm

I can tell you right now... Bogut is worth a lot more then just moving up 5 spots in the draft. If you guys really think youre gonna get the #8 pick AND Bogut for the #3, you will be very disappointed if you get bogut. Because it will not include the #8.

He was taken #1, has improved greatly each season, is still very young, and Hammond is VERY high on him.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#16 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri May 23, 2008 7:38 pm

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's doubtful that the Bucks would do Bogut for #3/filler, there is absolutely zero chance they would do Bogut and #8 for #3/filler. Bogut would go #3 in this draft without question.

I wouldn't go that far, Bogut came into the league with high expectations and so far I'd say he's performed decently, but below expectations.

9/7, 12/9, 14/10, respectable, not all-star worthy by a long-shot.

I'd probably trade the #3 for him, but I'm not entirely sure. Definitely wouldn't add anything good to that outside of Walker's expiring.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#17 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:39 pm

prefuse73 wrote:I would think about maybe #8 and Bogut for #3. It is likely they would want McCants so they could trade Redd in another deal.
would we do #3 + McCants for #8 and Bogut. This definately puts in the bucks favor.... I like the idea of getting bogut though and at #8 we could take flyer on Jordan or Randolph.

Bogut - Jordan
Jefferson - Gomes
Brewer - Gomes
McCants - Jaric
Foye - Telfair

You're nuts if you think that OJ Mayo is worth Bogut and the #8. Bogut goes #3 in this draft, there really isn't any debating that. He's a much better prospect than Lopez who will go top 5 most likely.

I highly doubt the Bucks would do Bogut for #3. There is a zero percent chance they also give #8.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,788

Post#18 » by Ayt » Fri May 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Bogut really turned it on at the end of last season. Post All-Star, he averaged 16-12-3 and 1.7 blocks. His man defense also took a massive jump last season to the point that he is a very solid in that department.

I honestly don't think the Bucks would part with Bogut for the #3 straight up, let alone giving up the #8 (and CV in the one trade above).
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#19 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I wouldn't go that far, Bogut came into the league with high expectations and so far I'd say he's performed decently, but below expectations.

9/7, 12/9, 14/10, respectable, not all-star worthy by a long-shot.

I'd probably trade the #3 for him, but I'm not entirely sure. Definitely wouldn't add anything good to that outside of Walker's expiring.

If he was coming into this draft he would go #3. And he is better than his numbers, he averaged about 16/11 and 2 blocks from January 1st on last year, and that is with the backcourt taking a pretty decent chunk of shots.

And yes, Bogut for #3 can be debated, I'm not saying that (personally I wouldn't do it). The fans thinking we would add #8 are drunk.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#20 » by TrentTuckerForever » Fri May 23, 2008 7:42 pm

^Agree, and let's remember that a MN poster added the #8 pick. If you read the whole thread, the insider from the first post only said #3 for Bogut. Value-wise that's about right, IMO.

Bucks posters: aren't you more interested in shedding salary (Michael Redd) than moving youth for more youth anyway?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves