ImageImageImage

We lost, deal with it.

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

We lost, deal with it. 

Post#1 » by mr_sunshine » Fri May 23, 2008 4:20 am

That's the fact of the matter. Don't blame Doc, don't blame the refs, don't blame Rondo. You could blame any number of players or coaches or refs for doing this or that, but ya know what it still boils down to? A Cetlics loss. In ten years no one looking back at this game will remember a certain "bad call" that "ruined it." All they will know is that the Celtics lost.

So for **** sake, credit Detroit and just tip your hat. They played a good game and took it to us. Let's hope the Celtics man up and do the same on their home court. This is playoffs basketball folks, and it's now started officially for the Celtics since they finally lost at home. Let's stop with the numerous excuse threads, and just think ahead to Game 3.

Go Celtics!
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#2 » by TommyPoints » Fri May 23, 2008 4:23 am

Its not time to panic. I'll let you guys know when its time. lol. Lighten up everyone. This is supposed to be fun, right?
P2
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by P2 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:26 am

It's time to panic when we are down 1-3, which doesn't seem that far-fetched right now.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#4 » by Bleeding Green » Fri May 23, 2008 4:27 am

Guess who still has the most road wins in basketball, playoffs and regular season included?

I'm just angry because I have to shorten my signature if Joebiscuit posts anything in the Finals.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#5 » by mr_sunshine » Fri May 23, 2008 4:47 am

CelticGamecock wrote:Its not time to panic. I'll let you guys know when its time. lol. Lighten up everyone. This is supposed to be fun, right?

The tone of my post wasn't to be "panic mode" or "oh damn the sky is falling." My bad if it came off that way. It was more just saying let's own up to the loss, and destroy the next three games. I've got no reason to believe that the Celtics won't win the series, and until they lose three more games I won't be convinced otherwise.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#6 » by TommyPoints » Fri May 23, 2008 4:51 am

mr_sunshine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The tone of my post wasn't to be "panic mode" or "oh damn the sky is falling." My bad if it came off that way. It was more just saying let's own up to the loss, and destroy the next three games. I've got no reason to believe that the Celtics won't win the series, and until they lose three more games I won't be convinced otherwise.

I didn't think you meant that at all. I was just adding to your comments. I hate losing, but I'm not worried at all. In fact I'm excited because Ray woke up. Our stars were pretty good, but our team as a whole was terrible and couldn't do much right. We commited a ton of stupid fouls giving Detroit easy points. Yet we still came close to pulling it out. We're going to win 1 in Detroit if not both. Maybe I'm a homer, but I'm sticking with that.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#7 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri May 23, 2008 4:51 am

Good post. I can't think of one Detroit player who was "off" tonight. No one in the league would have beat them tonight.
BostonKilla
Banned User

Post#8 » by BostonKilla » Fri May 23, 2008 4:56 am

I used to dance with delight in Boston's failures. But now I feel bad for your team because with the East getting better by the year and powerhouses like the Lakers + Bynum in the West, if Boston doesn't win it all this year then they simply won't win it all.

#1 overall pick...OUT!
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#9 » by meatball sub » Fri May 23, 2008 5:25 am

The last time I felt like a voice of reason when the majority of Celtic Nation was jumping off bridges was draft night last year when we traded for Ray Allen. Nobody knew what the **** was going on! Well, after all the KG talk prior to the draft the writing was on the wall and it was only a matter of time, we were getting KG. It made too much sense for both teams.

Tonight we lose our first home game and because we're 0-6 on the road people immediately feel the series is over. Well, we were 31-10 on the road during the regular season and Ray Allen just found his stroke for the first time in the playoffs. We're one of the best defensive teams of the last decade and tonight our atrocious defense was really out of character. Sure, if we play like this every night and the Pistons play the way they did the series very well may be over but I'm not willing to believe that to be the case.

Don't let the game tonight fool you. The writing is on the wall once again of how this series will ultimately turn out.
bujabra
Senior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by bujabra » Fri May 23, 2008 5:32 am

The hate from non-celtic fans is welcomed. It fuels our fire. Makes us want to stuff to you. Go Celtics!

This defeat is just another hurdle that the Celtics have to overcome and judging by how they have handled pressure this year they will do it. I'm 100% sure that the C's will get a road win this series. We're long overdue.
"Coaches who can outline plays on a blackboard are a dime a dozen. The one's who win get inside their players and motivate."
-- Vince Lombardi
BostonKilla
Banned User

Post#11 » by BostonKilla » Fri May 23, 2008 5:35 am

bujabra wrote:The hate from non-celtic fans is welcomed. It fuels our fire. Makes us want to stuff to you. Go Celtics!

This defeat is just another hurdle that the Celtics have to overcome and judging by how they have handled pressure this year they will do it. I'm 100% sure that the C's will get a road win this series. We're long overdue.

Good post, mate. I agree with you in a sense. However, I must say at first I thought your avatar was of Ray Allen. How LOL would that have been?
dwestside
Rookie

Post#12 » by dwestside » Fri May 23, 2008 5:38 am

P2 wrote:It's time to panic when we are down 1-3, which doesn't seem that far-fetched right now.

http://www.stillhavesymptoms.com/?sk=4646
Detlef Shrimp
Ballboy

Post#13 » by Detlef Shrimp » Fri May 23, 2008 5:43 am

Banks2Pierce wrote:Good post. I can't think of one Detroit player who was "off" tonight. No one in the league would have beat them tonight.

Eh, except maybe the LA lakers. 8)
bujabra
Senior

Post#14 » by bujabra » Fri May 23, 2008 5:44 am

BostonKilla wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Good post, mate. I agree with you in a sense. However, I must say at first I thought your avatar was of Ray Allen. How LOL would that have been?

Thanks BostonKilla. I'm rooting this team on no matter what. I really do like the character of the group. Very tough individuals too. Big ups to my man Pierce who i'd defend through thick and thin. True legend.
"Coaches who can outline plays on a blackboard are a dime a dozen. The one's who win get inside their players and motivate."

-- Vince Lombardi
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#15 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri May 23, 2008 12:55 pm

P2 wrote:It's time to panic when we are down 1-3, which doesn't seem that far-fetched right now.

Way to be a fan, P2. Always with the negativity...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics