ImageImageImage

Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real...

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Re: Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real... 

Post#109 » by cavsfan_osiris » Sat May 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Matt34520 wrote:The big 3 played great tonight. Ray finally was Ray again. Garnett was great as usual and so was Paul Pierce. Were also at home. But we lost. Detroit pulled out all the stops and just flat out won the game. I think were probably done, unless we get real lucky.

With that said, lets all be honest, this has been a great year. I know none of us wanted it to end like this, but remember two things...

1.) Its only a game.
2.) None of us can control what happens in the game.

Detroit just proved to be better. But like I said the best year I've watched as a Celtics fan. The Celtics had nothing big for years, this year was big and very exciting...Danny Ainge braught big time basketball back to Boston. And it very well could have led to a title if a couple plays had went different. But thats life.

congrats, you have just made the most pathetic panic thread in the history of real gm

The Celts lose one game at home, the series is 1-1 and they're done? Huh? That makes absolutely zero sense. And they are truly done after one home loss in the post-season to an inferior team it hasn't been a good season.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#110 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 25, 2008 3:19 am

Where is that loser sig? LMAO. Nice job "Celtic Fan"... Matt3450<g> My brother is named Matt and your a disgrace to that good name.
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#111 » by cavsfan_osiris » Sun May 25, 2008 3:19 am

The series is now on serve. The Celtics win on the road and have a chance to end the series IMO with a win in game 4.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#112 » by Kefa461 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:20 am

Done my ass..... 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Pistol Pete Vescey
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#113 » by Pistol Pete Vescey » Sun May 25, 2008 3:21 am

didn't take long for this guy to prove himself an idiot.
scottyno2
Sophomore

Post#114 » by scottyno2 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:23 am

Joebiscuit wrote:I have already said that if the celtics win a road game in detroit I will not post again until November 1st.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#115 » by TommyPoints » Sun May 25, 2008 3:25 am

Ok, no biscuit until Nov 1st and Matt has to change his avatar and sig.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#116 » by meatball sub » Sun May 25, 2008 3:28 am

I nominate changing the avatar to Rodney Stuckey since he's the only guy on the Pistons that seems to give a damn every night.
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#117 » by Turgon » Sun May 25, 2008 3:33 am

how about changing to this one?

rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#118 » by rambo_ortega » Sun May 25, 2008 3:43 am

it's not good to see fans in this board who are not standing by our celtics. i was so optimistic with a game 3 win and we got it!

one thing that really impressed me with this C's 2008 team is how they respond to pressure and expectations(detroit being the measuring stick in the season and getting 2 of 3, texas triangle sweep). isn't that amazing for a group built in one offseason?

besides it's not easy to have a lot of expectations around you going up against tried and tested quality teams in the playoffs. with those things in mind, i like what i've been seeing in this team so far during the season and especially in the playoffs.
atsoc711
Sixth Man

Post#119 » by atsoc711 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:49 am

Joebiscuit wrote:There is zero doubt in my mind that the celtics will be down 3-1 come Tuesday morning. They really have no shot of winning either game. I have already accepted this series is over and the pistions are moving on to the finals again.

lol at you
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#120 » by Tricky Ricky » Sun May 25, 2008 4:30 am

[quote="Joebiscuit"][/quote]

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, OH HELL YEAH! GOOD BYE!
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#121 » by theGreatRC » Sun May 25, 2008 4:47 am

LOL Joe, GTFO of here, and go suck on Detroit's and all of the analysts who said the Celtics won't win a road games...

Never mind.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#122 » by ParticleMan » Sun May 25, 2008 4:50 am

Damn, I'm going to miss JB.
He's like a reverse charm for us.
ramshackle75
Pro Prospect

Post#123 » by ramshackle75 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 am

bru87tr wrote:if we get a road win, it wont be till game 6.

detroit comes back to boston up 3-1. then we really need to get to work.

this is the best case senario I can think of.

:rofl2:

Seriously, though. What's up with this need some people have to appear to be the first to call a team's downfall? For chrissakes, you people make me sick.

I have been disappointed by my Celtics. I've thought changes needed to be made. I've been let down, but I've never stopped believing in them. No matter what.
GuyClinch
RealGM

Post#124 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Seriously, though. What's up with this need some people have to appear to be the first to call a team's downfall? For chrissakes, you people make me sick.

I have thought about this. Paradoxically while many fans come here for their team as a fan I think they get caught up in a kind of intellectual bravado. The urge to say "I told you so" and "See how smart I am I saw these flaws" starts to outweight their love for the team they came here rooting for.

Others of course want their personal heroes to be celebrated as the best (Walker has a strange following in this regard) thus any future success is a problem. But these guys weren't Celtic fans to start out with. They were Walker fans.

Both groups will tell you hey I am just a "realistic" fan but predicting downfall for the team with the best NBA record is a bit suspect, IMHO.

Pete
Mr.Monday Night
Sophomore

Post#125 » by Mr.Monday Night » Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 am

ramshackle, the people that are doing that are using the bandwagon fans... That is what bandwagon fans do... The moment "their" team shows weakness, they jump bandwagon to another team that is playing better at that moment in time... They are usually the people on here that freak out first and come up with wild speculations and predictions.. The non-bandwagoners are alot more understanding and not as extreme and unrealistic.
MVP4LIFE
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#126 » by MVP4LIFE » Sun May 25, 2008 6:32 am

Just like I wasn't down when it was 1-1, I ain't too high right now on being 2-1. We still have a long road ahead of us.
"Watching his work ethic, his dedication and, again, his passion that he brings every single day. It's something that I've looked at and said that if I had to design a NBA player, I'd first design him with the heart of Kevin Garnett." Jet
GuyClinch
RealGM

Post#127 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 25, 2008 6:59 am

No it's not "bandwagon" fans - both JoeBiscuit and SPF211 (sp?) are long time posters. Mattt34520 might be a bandwagon fan I don't remember him. It's more complicated then that..
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#128 » by Rondo_Fan » Sun May 25, 2008 12:22 pm

My theory is that some of these guys that post really off the wall stuff are mods.

more controversy = more posting

more posting = more $$$ for site, which is for profit

Personalities like Robert Smith seem to be obviously fake.

With that said, while it was a little off the wall to say that we were done after we lost game 2, I don't think it was ridiculous to raise concerns about the Celtics at all.

I mean, does anybody seriously think that Danny, Doc, Thibodeau, etc. just sail through the playoffs without worrying about the team, or raising concerns?

I don't.

Winning is about recognizing problems and making adjustments. Our defense sucked ass in game 2; you better believe that that message was pounded home to the players before game 3. But according to certain posters on the board, we as fans are not allowed to raise any problems with the team that we see.

What's stupid to me is that if anyone on this team criticizes something that they see with the team, an individual, etc., they are immediately branded as a hater, disloyal fan, etc. That's just ridiculous. The whole entire business of putting a winning franchise out on the floor is a process of constant evaluation of who you are putting out on the floor and the product that they produce together. Sometimes that evaluation is going to be negative. It doesn't mean that you hate the team.

I'm not happy with how we played against the Piston's trapping defense in the 4th quarter last night. Does that make me a hater, or do I have pretty much the same position that Danny and Doc have?

Anyway, here's hoping that we can really step on their throats with a game 4 win.

Yabba-dabba-doo!

Return to Boston Celtics