ImageImageImage

Round 2 Game 6 : Celtics @ Cavs - Friday, May 16th (3-2)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Green Menace
Junior
And1: 10

Post#565 » by Green Menace » Sat May 17, 2008 4:14 am

you couldn
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,098

Post#566 » by MaxwellSmart » Sat May 17, 2008 4:24 am

kperk43 wrote:Refs made the calls for the cavs in the perfect situation, everytime we were on a run there would be some type of cheap call. I'm sick of the refs dictating the game, last time i checked people went to see the player's.

This is the ABSOLUTE Truth---and it happened right from the start of this pathetically Fixed game....Cavs were even surprised that they were still in the game in the 2nd quarter-----Cause the refs put a stop to what we were doing by weak calls and lots of NO Calls.....So,when the Celtic turnovers happened, Cleveland was in position to take control-----INSTEAD of being down 15-20 points like they should have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#567 » by meatball sub » Sat May 17, 2008 4:59 am

We DO go to the basket. Every time Big Baby has the ball in the paint tonight he was HACKED and didn't shoot a single free throw. We have been bamboozled in three horribly officiated games this postseason in which every time we charged back from a deficit the refs would kill our momentum with shady **** calls. It's obvious when we do and do not show up and when we show up against teams like Atlanta and Cleveland, we don't **** around. We've shown up for all but two games in the playoffs: Game 3 in Atlana and game 3 in Cleveland. Lebron was good enough to beat us in game 4 pretty much by himself, another legit win.

I can only count three games that the C's were actually outplayed in these first two series and lost...so why do we have six losses?

Answer: refs

The top three reasons we lost this game:

1. Ray Allen's inability to be even a shade of his former self. Seriously, he's practically useless out there when he isn't making shots.
2. Refs
3. Lebron
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#568 » by omegatronic3 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:30 am

bove310 wrote:
1. Ray Allen's inability to be even a shade of his former self. Seriously, he's practically useless out there when he isn't making shots.
2. Refs
3. Lebron

dont know about the refs but whats up with Ray Allen..has he sucked for a while or is this a sudden decline...is he hurt or something cos I agree he's terrible out there....he should be ashamed..while KG is out there bustin ass.
RondoGreen9
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#569 » by RondoGreen9 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:45 am

I can't wait for Game 7 because it wouldn't surprise me if we demolish them like we did with the Hawks. The Hawks were said to have a great chance in that game and a chance to "shock the world" well the Cavs are in the same boat except for one thing. The FANS.

BOSTON FANS ARE GOING TO GO WILD. GAME 7 AT THE GARDEN BABY WHERE "UNBEATABLE" HAPPENS
Does anyone actually believe that either Mike Brown or Doc Rivers have done any coaching during the series, or in their undistinguished careers?
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#570 » by mr_sunshine » Sat May 17, 2008 5:54 am

Basketball made me sick. That charge on Pierce, and goaltending at the end of the game were HORRIBLE. I only caught the last bit since I was at something for school, but was the officiating that bad throughout? Oh, and to make matters worse the Lakers were given a game by the refs. Kobe had 2 blatant charges, and got 4 FTs out of it and they won by 3. Such bull.
rhp1990
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#571 » by rhp1990 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:21 am

it's called home cooking, why do you think all the home teams are winning?
freakon0mics
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#572 » by freakon0mics » Sat May 17, 2008 7:46 am

I'm just hoping that we're only goofing off on the road but to play even harder at home. What I'm seeing on the road is pathetic. Ray Allen looks lost. A "pure shooter" is suppose to make at least 40% of his shots.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
P2
Banned User

Post#573 » by P2 » Sat May 17, 2008 11:43 am

The NBA wanted this to go 7 games so badly, that it's just too obvious.
rndball1
Ballboy

Post#574 » by rndball1 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:19 pm

P2 wrote:The NBA wanted this to go 7 games so badly, that it's just too obvious.

Pistons appreciate the rest.
P2
Banned User

Post#575 » by P2 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:40 pm

rndball1 wrote:Pistons appreciate the rest.

And might as well get rusty. 7 days between two games in the playoffs isn't a good thing.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#576 » by Kefa461 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:08 pm

I have said it over and over and over until my lungs have bleed it's the **** REFS THE LEAGUE IS DICTATING THE HOME TEAM WINNING %'S.....THE DAVID STERN AGE. I have also no see KG gatoraide comm on lately only Labron's comm lately during the games.......I root for the C's only but look out Sunday...................go C's

THE REFS HAVE BEEN **** US ALL PLAYOFFS AND THATS THE TRUTH, I NEED NO ONE TO AGREE WITH I KNOW WHAT I SEE FROM 46 YEARS OF WATCHING AND PLAYING AND COACHING BB, WE ARE GETTING THE SCREWS........ 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
bdawg
Sophomore

Post#577 » by bdawg » Sat May 17, 2008 1:08 pm

whenever lebron didn't get a call, he chase the ref up and down and yell at him, NO T!
bdawg
Sophomore

Post#578 » by bdawg » Sat May 17, 2008 1:10 pm

rasheed would have exile from this country if he does that!
Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#579 » by Joebiscuit » Sat May 17, 2008 1:15 pm

The bottom line is that it took a miracle game from Rondo to win game 5 and they nearly lost anyway.

This isn't hawks the celtics are playing tomorrow they are playing a team with one of the best players in the NBA. Not one person on the celtics wanted to be in the situation.

I have a horrible feeling about this game tomorrow. All their lack lust road appearances will finally catch up to them tomorrow. It will be a close game but I say the cavs win by 5.

James will simply not let his team lose and the celtics do not have that kind of player on their team. It was a great season but it is a tough way to go out.

It does not matter anyway because the celtics are no longer contenders. Look at what the lakers did last night. They finished off a team with the best home record in the NBA. That is exactly why they are contenders and the Celtics are not.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#580 » by BillessuR6 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Joebiscuit wrote:The bottom line is that it took a miracle game from Rondo to win game 5 and they nearly lost anyway.

This isn't hawks the celtics are playing tomorrow they are playing a team with one of the best players in the NBA. Not one person on the celtics wanted to be in the situation.

I have a horrible feeling about this game tomorrow. All their lack lust road appearances will finally catch up to them tomorrow. It will be a close game but I say the cavs win by 5.

James will simply not let his team lose and the celtics do not have that kind of player on their team. It was a great season but it is a tough way to go out.

It does not matter anyway because the celtics are no longer contenders. Look at what the lakers did last night. They finished off a team with the best home record in the NBA. That is exactly why they are contenders and the Celtics are not.

I actually have a good feeling about the game tomorrow! We have KG, we have Pierce and we have some other players who will not let this team lose in game 7 at home! We have the better team and we will prove it tomorrow.

I agree that we can not be taken seriously as a contender anymore but that is not important! We will win the game tomorrow!
Albanian Damien
Starter
And1: 639

Post#581 » by Albanian Damien » Sat May 17, 2008 2:59 pm

We should've won that game last night, we are gonna kill them at homw.
My Starting 5:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Paul Pierce
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Patrick Ewing
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#582 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 18, 2008 2:09 am

I thought they would win that game in Cleveland. The announcers were quick to count the C's out but they stuck around. If not for that poor call against Pierce we might have pulled it out. With our home fans our roleplayers like Rondo, Posey and hopefully Powe should come alive.

Pete
contentode
Senior
And1: 137

Post#583 » by contentode » Sun May 18, 2008 4:38 am

GuyClinch wrote:I thought they would win that game in Cleveland. The announcers were quick to count the C's out but they stuck around. If not for that poor call against Pierce we might have pulled it out. With our home fans our roleplayers like Rondo, Posey and hopefully Powe should come alive.

Pete

With all due respect as a Cav's fan on the Celtic's board, I posted this on the general forum, but wanted to get Celtic fans' opinions:

I was sitting very close to the action when the charge was called on Pierce. I just reviewed the play in slow motion on my DVR and it confirms what I saw happen live. Pierce lowered his shoulder and had his entire off-arm, from the elbow to the wrist, in Lebron's chest before Lebron made any attempt to swipe for the ball. Actually, there was no contact at all prior to Pierce's arm hitting his chest. Pierce definitely, without question, initiated the contact!! Regardless of the official definition in the rulebook, lowering your shoulder and making contact with the off-arm while on the move will get you a charging call every time-- Especially when the action takes place near the top of the key at the beginning of the drive. Ask any Cav's fan---Lebron gets called for charging all the time when he lowers his shoulder and initiates contact as Pierce did. Those on the forum who are adamant that this was an atrocious call need only watch in slo-mo. That Pierce initiated the contact is clear as a bell.

Where am I going wrong? Does anyone have this play on Youtube?
"I wish I were half the man my dog thinks I am."
The_Floydian
Freshman

Post#584 » by The_Floydian » Sun May 18, 2008 5:37 pm

rhp1990 wrote:it's called home cooking, why do you think all the home teams are winning?

Yeah, the reason Boston lost is because of "home cooking." It had nothing to do with their inability to put up 70 against Cleveland.

Return to Boston Celtics