ImageImageImage

GAME 6 : Celtics @ Hawks - Friday, May 2nd

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

tihsad
Junior
And1: 158

Post#517 » by tihsad » Sat May 3, 2008 7:57 am

So this is a little bit of a troll, but bear with me. Isn't there somewhere in the deepest, darkest recesses of your green hearts that respects a david giving you this much heartache? Given the abuses you've taken over the years (until recently) from the Evil Empire, I'd think that you'd have a secret appreciation for a Cinderella - even if it comes at your expense.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#518 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 8:03 am

tihsad wrote:So this is a little bit of a troll, but bear with me. Isn't there somewhere in the deepest, darkest recesses of your green hearts that respects a david giving you this much heartache? Given the abuses you've taken over the years (until recently) from the Evil Empire, I'd think that you'd have a secret appreciation for a Cinderella - even if it comes at your expense.

Good point, LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!
tihsad
Junior
And1: 158

Post#519 » by tihsad » Sat May 3, 2008 8:21 am

lol, I'm glad you appreciated an alternate perspective bove
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#520 » by JoshB914 » Sat May 3, 2008 8:40 am

mr_sunshine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

47 FTs. Let me spell that out for you FORTY SEVEN ! The Hawks were, somehow, in the bonus with almost 8 minutes left in the fourth! Eight **** minutes! Every charge/block and ticky tack call went their way. My personal favorite was Horford plowing over Powe (clearly a charge) missing the shot with no call, getting the board and they call Powe for a shooting foul while he's still on the ground. Honestly, give me a **** break if you think the officiating was good.

That was a very clear flop by Powe. As I said in another thread, we definetely got some home cooking from the refs tonight. But that is a part of the game and you will likely get it in Game 7. The Hawks played fantastic offensively tonight and got to the basket, the Celtics are a jump shooting team. The result of this is a huge free throw advantage for the Hawks. Referees don't just hang out free throws equally to both teams.
Scal for 3
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#521 » by Scal for 3 » Sat May 3, 2008 8:48 am

This team apparently lacks heart. They need the heart of someone like Brian Scalabrine to really be a championship contender.

Return to Boston Celtics