Boston vs. Atlanta - Series BOS wins (4-3)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

How do you think the series will go the rest of the way?

Celtics will win games 5 and 6
35%
Hawks will win games 5 and 6
11%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
4%
Hawks will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
49%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win game 6 and lose game 7
1%

Total votes: 85

slaman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#601 » by slaman » Sat May 3, 2008 3:50 am

Hawks force Game 7 against Celtics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9orV-sk8MY
"SEV-EN! SEV-EN! SEV-EN! SEV-EN!"
_BBIB_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#602 » by _BBIB_ » Sat May 3, 2008 3:51 am

Solid Snake wrote:The Hawks are ruining David Sterns gameplan.

Stern's minions WILL NOT let Boston lose Game 7.

Prepare to see the worse officiated game in NBA History
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,176

Post#603 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 3, 2008 3:52 am

NetsForce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The sad part about this statement is that it's 100% true.

If there was one thing Antoine Walker never was it was scared to take a shot in the clutch. 'Toine was as aggressive as they come back in his prime (which was probably why he chucked up so many ill-advised shots).

That's true.

As bad a rep as Antoine has, he was pretty darn good with that last minute shot stuff. I saw him win several games that way.

- - -

and I'm sure this has been said, but the Hawks are a tough matchup. Horford is very physical and Joe Johnson is very talented and in addition to those 2, the Hawks team is very athletic.

I think the Celts will have an easier time against CLeveland and Detroit.

But - oh man, I hope the Hawks pull it off. That would be SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go NY Go NY Go
BallAboveAll
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#604 » by BallAboveAll » Sat May 3, 2008 3:55 am

I think they would have a problem with Cleveland. They obviously will not be able to contain LeBron. But Cleveland likes to hit the offensive boards. Especially Big Z, he seems to get his hand on every ball. Plus add Verajao and Wallace and they can be tough on the boards. All these extra possesions have killed Boston.
BeNicePlz
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#605 » by BeNicePlz » Sat May 3, 2008 3:58 am

Upset Upset Upset !!
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#606 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:02 am

GregB wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because First off: While Atlanta has the size and athleticism advantage in the front court. We have that same front court advantage against Cleveland.

Cleveland isnt very atheltic and wont be running on us. Which plays into the strength of our defense.

Al Horford is better than any big on Cleveland. Josh Smith is an excellent defensive matchup for KG. Outside of Lebron. The Celtics have much better overall matchups against Cleveland.

'
Over looking game 7 already?? :wavefinger:
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#607 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 4:05 am

_BBIB_ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Stern's minions WILL NOT let Boston lose Game 7.

Prepare to see the worse officiated game in NBA History

You technically have already seen the worst officiated game in NBA history in games 4 and 6. If the Celtics get 20 more ft's in game 7 they'll win by 30+ and it wouldn't have really made a difference.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#608 » by KF10 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:07 am

Uh-oh. I doubt Stern would want this. He envisioned a Laker/Celtics Final matchup. Game 7 has the potential to be one of the worst officiating game since Game 6 2002 WCF. And top of that, Bibby will be screwed twice by Stern... :lol:

But yeah, congrats to the Hawks for forcing a game 7 against the Celtics. :D
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#609 » by Basileus777 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:07 am

bove310 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You technically have already seen the worst officiated game in NBA history in games 4 and 6. If the Celtics get 20 more ft's in game 7 they'll win by 30+ and it wouldn't have really made a difference.

:lol:

Celtics fans are the most ridiculous homers. You lose to a 37 win team and you blame the refs? You know there is a reason they shot more FTs than you, they actually attacked the basket. Besides Pierce, did anyone shoot anything but a jumpshot all game?

I bet you thought everyone complaining that the Celtics were getting all the calls in the regular season were just whining.
leevii
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#610 » by leevii » Sat May 3, 2008 4:10 am

I guess the refs really DO have it in for the Celtics. Stern must really want the Hawks to advance.
AnSweR07 wrote:I'll go Roy, slightly ahead of Wade.
dsorc
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#611 » by dsorc » Sat May 3, 2008 4:14 am

BallAboveAll wrote:The offensive boards are killing the Celtics by he way. They have to rebound better.

Just as a note, they actually had one more offensive board today. Atlanta had 3 more rebounds though.
_BBIB_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#612 » by _BBIB_ » Sat May 3, 2008 4:15 am

YOuve got to be kidding me.

The Celtics have not attacked the rim to be awarded to the line.

Well except when Pierce decides to bum rush his way to the rim through Marvin Williams/Josh Smith's chest to get "blocking" fouls.

The Celtics have gotten away with dozens of loose ball fouls which is an absurd advantage which has led to numerous offensive boards and 2nd chance points.

Calls like the "travel" on Horford while Rondo has his arm, the refs stopping play on 4 on 0 fast break, towel boys not wiping up sweat spot until end of half, etc have all been overwhemingly in favor of Boston
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#613 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat May 3, 2008 4:16 am

is it too early to ask if the KG/Allen trades are a bust for the Celtics? :lol:
Forum permissions