Boston vs. Atlanta - Series BOS wins (4-3)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

How do you think the series will go the rest of the way?

Celtics will win games 5 and 6
35%
Hawks will win games 5 and 6
11%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
4%
Hawks will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
49%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win game 6 and lose game 7
1%

Total votes: 85

meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#685 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 6:13 am

theTHIEF wrote:and I will never be a "fan" of any other team outside of Orlando...thats how ridiculous I am...

NOW your sig makes sense. Is that a luggage tag on the logo?
The Eminence
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#686 » by The Eminence » Sat May 3, 2008 6:15 am

hawks ftw!
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#687 » by Chubby Chaser » Sat May 3, 2008 6:17 am

Congratulations to the Hawk fans. It was a great win. Your regular season record is definitely not indicative of your actual talent.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#688 » by JStockLivesOn » Sat May 3, 2008 6:17 am

Pistons#1 wrote:Hate to say it, but I have a feeling the Celtics will close out the 7th game in the first few minutes.

The Hawks have played a great series and its great they made it this far, but I just can't bring myself to believe this could really happen.

I'll be pulling for 'em, though!

That's where I'm at too, yeah.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#689 » by Bucs80 » Sat May 3, 2008 6:49 am

I want the Hawks to win

But the Celtics just have so much on the line just to fold.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#690 » by bstein14 » Sat May 3, 2008 6:56 am

I would love to see Atlanta go into the 4th quarter with a shot at it.

I'd be pretty excited if the lead is single digits at that point.

I certainly don't think the Hawks will lie down and let Boston get up by 30 in the first half.

And it would be really interesting to see how Boston would respond if Atlanta got up double digits in the first half. You kind of get the feeling they've been on the edge of losing their cool all series.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#691 » by rsavaj » Sat May 3, 2008 7:01 am

Would it be too cheesy for ATL to revive GSW's old "We Believe" campaign? Because....this is kind of incredible.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,877
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#692 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 3, 2008 7:10 am

I hope everyone can see why Josh Smith should have been 2nd or 3rd in DPOY, the kid is a phenomenal defender. Other than Bibby, that whole starting line up is damn good defensively, I really like watching them.

All he does is block and steal my ass. Might be the best transition shot blocker I have ever seen also.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#693 » by nashill » Sat May 3, 2008 7:22 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

raptor fan> bandwagoner..

you're probably gonna change your sig if the Hawks lose next game..fans like you disgust me, thief..

some more hatred.........
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,468

Post#694 » by Ballings7 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:28 am

nashill wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

some more hatred.........

You missed the follow-up posts on that post.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#695 » by Ming Kong! » Sat May 3, 2008 7:32 am

rsavaj wrote:Would it be too cheesy for ATL to revive GSW's old "We Believe" campaign? Because....this is kind of incredible.

I wasn't very surprised to see GS beat the Mavs, but this is a MAJOR surprise to all. I'm really rooting for the underdog here :-).
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#696 » by Ballings7 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:32 am

rsavaji wrote:Would it be too cheesy for ATL to revive GSW's old "We Believe" campaign? Because....this is kind of incredible.

They already have one in "Shock The World". That's what some of the players said before the series.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#697 » by Chubby Chaser » Sat May 3, 2008 7:33 am

One thing that almost all the pundits and most fans are overlooking regarding the Celtics is their lack of Championship experience. People were so quick to hail them champions, or have them automatically representing the East because of their strong regular season, and the weak eastern conference. But people are overlooking the fact that outside of Cassell, and Posey, no one really has Championship experience to lead their team in the playoffs. They have talented players in Pierce, KG, and Allen. But individually these guys never performed in the playoffs. Sure KG got to the WCF one year, but they got swept by the lakers if I'm not mistaken. I think this is why they brought in Cassell to try and settle them down during the playoffs, but his role on the team is so minimal that he can't really be expected to make a tangible difference.

I also think the Hawks are a really good team. Their regular season record is not indicative of how good they really are. They're athletic as hell, and now that they got a legit pg in Bibby. Joe Johnson only has to focus on scoring now instead of getting his teammates involved. Josh Smith is an absolute beast, and Horford is a bit undersized but plays with the heart of a Giant. He should be the rookie of the year in my book. The Hawks and Charlotte were two teams that I couldn't understand why they were not doing better this whole year. Both teams have more than enough talent to have a shot at making a run in the eastern conference.

I liked KG until he went to boston. Don't really have anything against him, but I don't want the celtics to represent the east. So I'm hoping the Hawks steal game 7. That would be absolutely insane!
tihsad
Junior
And1: 158

Post#698 » by tihsad » Sat May 3, 2008 7:36 am

Just wanted to throw out my congratulations to the Hawks on an amazing effort. Regardless of my personal team it was a hell of a showing. Whatever happens in game 7 thanks for help making the first round a lot more exciting.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#699 » by Chubby Chaser » Sat May 3, 2008 7:41 am

Ming Kong! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I wasn't very surprised to see GS beat the Mavs, but this is a MAJOR surprise to all. I'm really rooting for the underdog here :-).

I agree. Even though the Mavs were first and won 60 + games last year. I think almost everyone knew they could lose that series because they had Dirk, and they were a soft team. But "soft" has not been an adjective to describe Boston this year at all. This will be >>>>>>> a bigger upset than the warriors last year. Also, Atlanta is not even a 500 team! They're 8 games below 500. :o
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#700 » by Ballings7 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:46 am

I've pointed that out in the past, the Celtics are young in some spots for sure.

Similar goes with the Lakers and Jazz.

We'll see if and how much the relative youth/inexperience will matter... it will, or it won't matter because talent and coaching take over.

ChubbyChaser wrote:but they got swept by the lakers if I'm not mistaken.

Lost in 6.
carlos1223
Banned User

Post#701 » by carlos1223 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:50 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:One thing that almost all the pundits and most fans are overlooking regarding the Celtics is their lack of Championship experience. People were so quick to hail them champions, or have them automatically representing the East because of their strong regular season, and the weak eastern conference. But people are overlooking the fact that outside of Cassell, and Posey, no one really has Championship experience to lead their team in the playoffs. They have talented players in Pierce, KG, and Allen. But individually these guys never performed in the playoffs. Sure KG got to the WCF one year, but they got swept by the lakers if I'm not mistaken. I think this is why they brought in Cassell to try and settle them down during the playoffs, but his role on the team is so minimal that he can't really be expected to make a tangible difference.

I also think the Hawks are a really good team. Their regular season record is not indicative of how good they really are. They're athletic as hell, and now that they got a legit pg in Bibby. Joe Johnson only has to focus on scoring now instead of getting his teammates involved. Josh Smith is an absolute beast, and Horford is a bit undersized but plays with the heart of a Giant. He should be the rookie of the year in my book. The Hawks and Charlotte were two teams that I couldn't understand why they were not doing better this whole year. Both teams have more than enough talent to have a shot at making a run in the eastern conference.

I liked KG until he went to boston. Don't really have anything against him, but I don't want the celtics to represent the east. So I'm hoping the Hawks steal game 7. That would be absolutely insane!

They lost in 6 games and almost pushed it to 7.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#702 » by Chubby Chaser » Sat May 3, 2008 7:58 am

touche
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#703 » by nashill » Sat May 3, 2008 10:02 am

how do you guys evaluate the atlanta coach? i like what he said during a time out..." keep it loose (offense), keep it tight (defense)..."
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#704 » by bstein14 » Sat May 3, 2008 10:15 am

Shock the World

Return to The General Board