Why Horford was so pumped tonight.

Moderators: HMFFL, dms269, Jamaaliver

fo_o_fo_404
Senior
And1: 0

Why Horford was so pumped tonight. 

Post#1 » by fo_o_fo_404 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:29 am

A lil bit of inside-info.

The reason why Horford was doing an extra bit of jawing...especially to Pierce was this reason:

During the closing the moments of Game Two, when things started to get heated and testy, Pierce popped off this statement:

"Ten stacks ($10,000) we sweep your ass!"

He was standing right in front of Horford when he said this. Horford replied:

"My heart dont pump kool-aid. I'mma be right here....and I aint going no where! It aint over!"

So tonight, when Horford was jawing, he was directing his words to Pierce saying:

"F--- you pay me! Don't be writing checks your ass can't cash!"

KG jumped into the war of words....and it lit a fire under Horford. A fire that only champions know....albeit a college champ.....but Horford lives for these kind of moments. So, that's why Horford was so pumped....and you gotta love that coming from a rook. But this all started from Pierce and KG popping off a lil too much Game Two....and not us!

If we can come out with that same attitude and intensity, this will be a series!

Rise up Atlanta!
TyroneSlothrop
Freshman

Post#2 » by TyroneSlothrop » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:32 am

If that's true, I have even more love for Al. :bowdown:
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#3 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:48 am

I haven't really noticed Pierce talking smack but if that's true than **** him too. I didn't care for Boston but this series has really made me dislike them...particularly their fans and Garnett. Garnett NEVER makes a good play w/o letting some one on our team know it(this is dating back to the game where he dunked on Marvin last season and the last regular season game at Phillips). I don't think he's anywhere near as tough as he wants people to believe he is. Anthony Peeler two peiced him on national TV and he just stood there. There was also the game where he dunked and tried to talk trash to Amare and Amare pushed him and KG again went about his business like nothing happened. I don't know if anyone noticed but in the 1st quarter(Joe's 1st foul)when Joe and KG tangled up...Joe gave him an obvious shove(a get the **** off me shove)and KG acted like nothing happened. I'm glad Horford is making the Celtics players and their fans mad.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#4 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:50 am

Wow where'd you get this transcript? NBA, ESPN, your toliet seat?

Horford was jumping up and down in the last regular season game we played. Like KG he gets excited when he does something good.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#5 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:51 am

celticfan42487 wrote:Wow where'd you get this transcript? NBA, ESPN, your toliet seat?

Horford was jumping up and down in the last regular season game we played. Like KG he gets excited when he does something good.

I think 404 has connections with some one in the Hawks organization.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#6 » by JoshB914 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:34 am

celticfan42487 wrote:Wow where'd you get this transcript? NBA, ESPN, your toliet seat?

I know you don't read this board, but what 404 says goes as far as I'm concerned. He is always on point with the inside info.

Al is a champion. End of story.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,892

Post#7 » by cdubbz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:41 am

JoshB914 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know you don't read this board, but what 404 says goes as far as I'm concerned. He is always on point with the inside info.

Al is a champion. End of story.

Are you his little b*tch or something?404 must own you son!!!!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
niffoc4
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#8 » by niffoc4 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:31 am

cdubbz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Are you his little b*tch or something?404 must own you son!!!!
oh come on... each board has someone who knows someone... i think it is celticthug on the c's board? They come through with the info...
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#9 » by cfan79 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:59 am

Congrats on the win. See you monday. Maybe Atlanta will take care of their clock problem by then.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#10 » by cfan79 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:38 am

How can you honestly say that Pierce and Horford said those things. No one knows what Horford and Pierce really said, but the players and coaches.

and I've got no problem with players jawing at each other. That is a part of the game. Congrats on the win.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,939

Post#11 » by tontoz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:25 pm

when Joe and KG tangled up...Joe gave him an obvious shove(a get the **** off me shove)and KG acted like nothing happened.

Yeah i saw that, which is totally out of character for JJ. I have never seen him talk smack to anyone.

and he could twist KG into a pretzel if he wanted to. I have seen KG up close and he looks like a stiff breeze would blow him over.

The Celtics got what they deserved for talking so much smack going back to the last regular season game. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.
BigHands
Lead Assistant
And1: 126
Location: On the bow contemplating the grandeur of the iceberg

Post#12 » by BigHands » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Celtic fan here:

Regardless of whether 404 is right or not (and it does sound like Pierce IMO), Celtic fans are making too much of this.

The Hawks came to play last night. It was obvious from the start.

Horford is a young kid in his first playoffs and he is storming against one of the best teams in the league.

He is pumped up and he deserves to be.

I am older (55+) and have watched the pro game since 1959.

The Celtics are too mouthy for my taste and Doc Rivers has complained about it too.

Of course NBA players have always talked trash to each other.

Sam Jones used to torment Wilt Chamberlain with it - although back then the talk stayed between players.

In the tougher game of the past visible taunting would get the player laid-out hard.

But to be historically accurate it was the Celtics of Larry Bird that took the trash public and interacting with the fans....Bird and ML Carr were big on towel waving when they had a big run....pandering to the mob in my view.

That was not personal taunting of course but it started the trend that has led to the chest thumping of today.

Players today are stupid IMO. The team with the adrenalin advantage usually wins...why fire up the opponent? Yet it happens again and again.

Even Biddy's foolishness was directed only at fans.

404's claim sounds plausible to me and even if it is not wholly accurate I have no doubt Pierce, KG, and others were mounting off....and they got what they deserved.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#13 » by StutterStep » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:40 pm

So glad you guys won one! I don't think you will win the series, but just love that it has become competitive.

Please keep it up! And win another one!!!
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181
Location: State Farm Arena, Moving The Ball From Side To Side

Post#14 » by lethalweapon3 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Hopefully just a small question, but does the League allow players to wager on the outcome of a game (or, in this case, a playoff series?) without fines? I'm sure there is plenty of in-kind wagering (charities, odd gifts or services) that goes on in the off-season, but something about the exchange doesn't pass the smell test when it comes to pro players' ethical obligations.

This comes across as a bit of veteran trickery on PP's part. He essentially challenged Horford to take what most people saw as a 4-game Celtics series win and turn it into a 5-game Celtics series win. The possibility of winning the wager and taking some ca$h from a rookie's salary in the process gave Pierce a little extra Game 3 motivation. Having lost the wager, though, Pierce may now anticipate a less intense, more complacent Hawks team in Game 4. Hopefully, Al and the gang can give Pierce and the C's more than they "bargained" for.

~lw3
"Dunking is better than sex." - Shawn Kemp, 1996
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,085

Post#15 » by High 5 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:21 pm

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Did you dream that up?
NWO4Life
Rookie

Post#16 » by NWO4Life » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:26 pm

fo o fo has provided some very good insider info in the past. I have no reason to doubt this statement
VOTE Rod Strickland into the H.O.F.!!!
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,085

Post#17 » by High 5 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:31 pm

NWO4Life wrote:fo o fo has provided some very good insider info in the past. I have no reason to doubt this statement

Giving a ridiculous transcript of what two players said on the basketball court is different than knowing the color scheme of the new jerseys. Watching the replay of the incident it doesn't even look close to accurate.
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181
Location: State Farm Arena, Moving The Ball From Side To Side

Post#18 » by lethalweapon3 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:32 pm

I've got no doubts as to 404's veracity on this, but I'd love for this thread to slowly fade lest we get these players in hot water with the League/their teams a la "Greg Oden @ 24 Hour Fitness."

I'd better quit posting, then! :)

~iyf
"Dunking is better than sex." - Shawn Kemp, 1996
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#19 » by JoshB914 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Why would 404 make this up?
sirgant1
Starter

Post#20 » by sirgant1 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:41 pm

Players talk smack all the time, and unless it can be proven that actual bets took place there will be nothing made of this. It's not much more than a player coming down court saying $500 says I bust this jumper in your face.

Return to Atlanta Hawks