ImageImage

My offseason plan (Redd for Howard trade)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

My offseason plan (Redd for Howard trade) 

Post#1 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Commented on this in the playoffs thread but thought it warranted its own thread and could ignite discussion. If you just wanna keep this to the Redd thread, sorry please lock.

Basically, if you read the first couple pages of the Mavs offseason thread, they talk about a Howard + Stackhouse for Redd trade, link here: http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

They all seem to like it and even mention Redd as their number 1 priority for the offseason. Just thinking about that trade makes me all warm and happy instead and we have to make a move for Howard while his value is low. Not so sure Cuban will trade those 2 for Redd, but we all know he has chased Redd in the past. If he isnt so keen, we can add Bell or something else of value, but I would prefer to keep flintstone.

Also if Memphis can move up to pick 2 they would certainly pick Rose, therefore making some of their PG's redundant. I would try a pick 7 and CV for Conley type deal and see if they budge.

Saying that, here is my ideal offseason:

TRADE 1

Redd to Dallas for Howard and Stackhouse

TRADE 2

Pick 7 and CV for Conley

TRADE 3

Mo for Haslem

DRAFT

Joey Dorsey with our 2nd.

Sign a few guys to fill out the bench and try to dump gadz and I like the lineup:

Conley/Sessions/Bell
Howard/Stackhouse
Simmons/Mason/Bell or Stack
Haslem/Yi/Dorsey
Bogut/FA/Gadz

If Grizzlies wont trade Conley, then keep our pick and pick up Westbrook and have Sessions, Westbrook and Bell share the 1 or trade CV for Lowry and draft a SF, say Ganillari (sp?).

Sessions/Westbrook/Bell
Howard/Stackhouse
Simmons/Mason
Haslem/Yi/Dorsey
Bogut/FA/Gadz

With CV as trade bait or:

Sessions/Lowry/Bell
Howard/Stackhouse/Bell
Simmons/Mason/Gallinari
Haslem/Yi/Dorsey
Bogut/FA/GAdz

Some points im not so sure about are keeping our SF rotation together, but along with our improved lineup I think Simmons can step it up and Mase can be solid. Our 3 point shooting is suddenly gone and we may struggle from the outside a bit. Not sure if everything workes out correctly and salaries are ok but I love this first lineup and we have a ridiculous amount of depth, with a nice mix of young and old. The other two options are also nice and leave the opportunity and trading CV with Gadz and maybe Bell for picks and expirings. Im not so sure about having such a young set of PG's though when the rest of the team looks ready to win, but see what happens.

Thanks for reading, flame away!
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#2 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:59 pm

That would be an unbelievable offseason

I'm very surprised Mavs fans are ready to trade Howard for Redd

BUT, Cuban just shipped Devin Harris for Kidd, so he realizes right now that his window for a championship is very short. So, he may go all out.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#3 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:06 pm

You guys don't want Conley. He's gonna end up closer to TJ Ford than Chris Paul, in which case, might as well stick with Ramon.

You guys want an athletic SF? How about CV to Philly for Rodney Carney?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#4 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Yeah I love the look of it too. Praying Cuban does really want Redd and will deal Howard for him. Like I said, we can throw in Bell, Mase, maybe a future first to get it done, but would prefer to keep those guys to add to the depth and keep some guys together. Also, instead of drafting Gallinari, we could go for Randolph if still there or trade down for Rush and Augustine/Hibbert/DJ White etc. So many options...
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#5 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:14 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:You guys want an athletic SF?
Yes.
How about CV to Philly for Rodney Carney?
Deal.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#6 » by mcfromage » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm

I like it too, I'm not sure how realistic it is, but this is an "ideal" scenario.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:19 pm

I'd love it, realistic or not.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#8 » by showtimesam » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:26 pm

That offseason would be a dream.

I'd probably start stack over simmons though.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#9 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:29 pm

I posted this a few days ago as the best possible option out of any trade scenarios that could be characterized as "realistic." Redd is far and away better than most posters here think. I think it is a combination of the team's poor performance during his duration as our best player, coupled with the dynamic that we see his faults 82 games a year while only seeing the faults of other stars 2 a year.

Redd is an olympian, a top ten NBA scorer, a high character guy, a hard worker, and actually fairly efficient (when you start to get technical with formulas that evaluate "points per touches.") Lots of people here think all he would fetch in a trade is cap relief, but there are several teams out there that are going to be desperate to add one more piece to make a championship run. As I wrote in a thread a few days back, Dallas is going to get pummeled by the Hornets, and one of the main reasons is going to be a lack of a reliable scoring option behind Dirk.

I'm sure there will be lots of Mavs and Bucks fans that classify this as unrealistic, but I think a trade of Josh Howard for Mike Redd makes both teams better. We get more defense, toughness, and versatility. Dallas gets a premier scorer to work in to their rotation and take one or two more shots at a title. As I said in the other thread... Dirk or Kidd aren't going anywhere... and you know Cuban is going to do something big. So that leaves Howard as the only valuable trade bait.

Stack would bring us scoring and toughness too, but I doubt (for depth reasons) Dallas would give us both Howard and Stack. I would expect they would want someone else thrown in as filler to make it work.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#10 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Redd is an olympian
I don't think it's a lock that he makes the team. He hasn't played in any Olympics yet.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#11 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:32 pm

adamcz wrote:
Redd is an olympian
I don't think it's a lock that he makes the team. He hasn't played in any Olympics yet.

I'm willing to make a bet that he does

He had a great impact on the team last summer. The coaches and the players knew that his addition was key to their success. He is the best shooter on the team.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#12 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:33 pm

adamcz..

im just making a case that there are lots of people high up in basketball circles (selection commitee) that verify that he is an elite scorer.

obviously, one could make the case that bowen and hinrich were invited to participate in workouts too. and didn't santiago play for the puerto rican team? i guess he could be called an olympian too.

but give me a break.. im just saying that he is talented and lots of people (outside of bucks nation) agree.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#13 » by Buck You » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:35 pm

I'm sure they see him as a scorer and nothing else. Also any smart GM would see that Redd probably wouldn't score 25 ppg on a winning team.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#14 » by showtimesam » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Well hopefully the Mavs will make a quick playoff exit (its looking likely), and Hammond can get Cuban on the phone and work something out.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#15 » by Fort Minor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:43 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I'm very surprised Mavs fans are ready to trade Howard for Redd

Me too. The first thing to come to mind when reading that thread was "what the hell?
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#16 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:44 pm

I wonder if Larry H. has gotten in touch with Hammond to let him know to get all his trade ideas from this board?
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#17 » by mcfromage » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Dumb question: When's the earliest players can be traded?
Taurus
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#18 » by Taurus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Redd isn't going anywhere........
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Bucks_Revenge » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:06 pm

us Bucks fans may not see it but I think Redd is the type of player the Mavericks need..they need that SG who can take over a game..Howard is great and Stackhouse and Terry are good also but they do not have that I am going to take over swagger. Sure Terry can hit 3 consecutive 3s but they need more then that.

A player like Redd will not help them win more games but it will give them a new dynamic.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#20 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:12 pm

If Dallas is bounced in round 1 again you can be sure there will be changes.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks