Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,996

Woeffel - Mystery GM candidate coming in next week 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:34 am

Woeffel on the postgame show....

Said he talked with some people around the league.....Mo Williams may now be untradeable given his drop off in play and big contract.....

Said he thinks Redd and Bogut are only two untouchables since they've had "good years"

Woeffel said that John Hammond is very interested in the GM job but doesn't want to go through the interview process. Wants to be given the job.

Said established GM is coming in for interview next week but Woeffel doesn't know his name.......is trying to find out. But implied this guy is a current GM somewhere else.

BTW---Props to Mike Wickett who is hosting the postgame show. He asked a ton of really good questions of Gery. Did a nice job.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Re: Woeffel - Mystery GM candidate coming in next week 

Post#2 » by fam3381 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:57 am

Thanks for posting, Press.

paulpressey25 wrote:Woeffel said that John Hammond is very interested in the GM job but doesn't want to go through the interview process. Wants to be given the job.

Uh, OK. Why would anyone just give another team's assistant GM a job? Herb might not be brilliant when it comes to running a team, but that he's still entitled to ask the guy a few questions, right?

paulpressey25 wrote:Said established GM is coming in for interview next week but Woeffel doesn't know his name.......is trying to find out. But implied this guy is a current GM somewhere else.

Experienced GM FTW!

Seriously though, I can't imagine an attractive GM candidate from another team would want to come here...so this one kind of scares me.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:02 am

I didn't understand the bit Woeffel said about Hammond either. He seemed to indicate that Hammond didn't want to show interest and then not get the job.

Woeffel also wasn't 100% clear if the candidate coming was an active GM but said he was told this person was a respected GM with experience. That was all Gery was told.

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:04 am

paulpressey25 wrote:he was told this person was a respected GM with experience.

Oh well no sweat worrying about Isiah then.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#5 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:08 am

I thought the Mo comments were interesting as well. I'll let Europa handle the knives tomorrow when he reads this, but Woeffel made it sound like trading Mo won't be easy at this point.

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#6 » by paul » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:12 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I thought the Mo comments were interesting as well. I'll let Europa handle the knives tomorrow when he reads this, but Woeffel made it sound like trading Mo won't be easy at this point.

I can't imagine it would be. The guy was playing really good ball for a while there but it coincided with him (allegedly) being a dick in the locker room. So a rival GM thinks 'ok he can definitely play but he comes with a little baggage and a decent contract, probably worth the risk'. Then his play drops right away towards the end of the season, he starts losing minutes to a rookie whom it appears everyone is really happy to play with, still has the big contract and still has the stigma of the locker room issues from earlier in the season. Definitely not the most attractive guy when a GM is looking to make a trade I wouldn't think.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#7 » by jerrod » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:21 am

wait, redd had a good year?

where was i?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#8 » by paul » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:23 am

jerrod wrote:wait, redd had a good year?

where was i?

..... in 2005.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,987

Post#9 » by midranger » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:25 am

3 games makes a guy untradeable?

Redd had a good year?

Has the world gone topsy turvy?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM

Post#10 » by midranger » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:26 am

BTW.... why aren't games televised anymore?

Not that I'd watch them, but I noticed FSN was showing the Brewers replay rather than the Bucks. That is sad.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Wade-A-Holic » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:37 am

Why WOULD anyone trade for Mo at this point? He's mediocre compared to almost all starting point guards in this league, and the teams that have "sub-par" point guards don't need ones like Mo because the ones they have work for their system and they don't need them to be playmakers (ie Derek Fisher in LA).
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#12 » by xTitan » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:43 am

Mo is worthless and a cancer.....the only good thing he did was pi$$ Bogut off in there little team meeting, and of course let every single teammate know he is a worthless douche bag.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#13 » by DH34Phan » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:54 am

Wade-A-Holic wrote:Why WOULD anyone trade for Mo at this point? He's mediocre compared to almost all starting point guards in this league, and the teams that have "sub-par" point guards don't need ones like Mo because the ones they have work for their system and they don't need them to be playmakers (ie Derek Fisher in LA).

They could add him ala Jason Terry when the Mavs got him.
midranger
RealGM

Post#14 » by midranger » Sat Apr 5, 2008 5:56 am

I'll say this. If anyone in a position to make player personel decisions this summer believes that Redd had a "good year," we might as well burn the Bradley Center to the ground to hasten the Bucks exit from Milwaukee.

Also, most people who use the insult "Douche Bag," are, well.... themselves...
midranger
RealGM

Post#15 » by midranger » Sat Apr 5, 2008 6:00 am

Wade-A-Holic wrote:Why WOULD anyone trade for Mo at this point? He's mediocre compared to almost all starting point guards in this league, and the teams that have "sub-par" point guards don't need ones like Mo because the ones they have work for their system and they don't need them to be playmakers (ie Derek Fisher in LA).

So you don't think that Mo could fill Boobie Gibson's role while upgrading it? Or that the Magic wouldn't love to have him rather than Nelson? Or Miami? Or a good team looking for a good 6th man?

I don't know what we can get for Mo, but the notion that he's "untradeable" is slightly more far fetched than the notion that Redd had a "good year."
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#16 » by DH34Phan » Sat Apr 5, 2008 6:02 am

midranger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
I don't know what we can get for Mo, but the notion that he's "untradeable" is slightly more far fetched than the notion that Redd had a "good year."

If your team winning less than 30 games for the 2nd year in a row equals a good season out of a Max Player, Michael Redd had an amazing season.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,491

Post#17 » by th87 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 6:11 am

Mo = A younger Jason Terry.

There is certainly a market for such players.
midranger
RealGM

Post#18 » by midranger » Sat Apr 5, 2008 6:11 am

Michael Redd was elite at losing us games in the 4th quarter.

Yet one more elite skill.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Re: Woeffel - Mystery GM candidate coming in next week 

Post#19 » by El Duderino » Sat Apr 5, 2008 6:17 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Woeffel on the postgame show....

Said he talked with some people around the league.....Mo Williams may now be untradeable given his drop off in play and big contract.....

Said he thinks Redd and Bogut are only two untouchables since they've had "good years"

1. Almost nobody is untradeable in the NBA, what you get in return is what's always the question.

2. If Michael Redd is viewed as near untouchable by this franchise, the roughly 5% of hope i have that things can get much better would be reduced to maybe .0005%.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Bucks_Revenge » Sat Apr 5, 2008 6:22 am

wasnt Ray Allen untradeable......lets go this route. I may take anything for mo at this point..

Return to Milwaukee Bucks