Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:41 am

37mpg - 24.6ppg -- 9.6rpg -- 1.4apg -- 1.2bpg

48.5% FG% -- 40% 3ptFG% -- 83% FT%

Discuss......
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:43 am

He's our most skilled offensive player with regards to position, and it isn't close at all. Sadly, he can only play well when starting, and he is the worst defender at his position in the NBA if he starts.

I think CV, if he started for the full season next year and got 35 minutes, you could see him average 20/10. But the team would suck badly.

His trade value is rising as we speak though, and he needs to keep getting huge minutes.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Andrew34r » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:44 am

hmmm very good offensive numbers.

The rebounds are nice but the guy is easily the worst defender on this team and probably in the league. Nothing that everyone doesnt already know though.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#4 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:44 am

I thought that he took a big step forward tonight on defense.

He was actually an average defender tonight. A full step up from an awful defender.

Oh, and he is playing great on offense. His moves to the basket have been extremely effective, and his 3 PT shooting hasn't been detracting from his overall game.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: Charlie V's last five games 

Post#5 » by paul » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:44 am

paulpressey25 wrote:37mpg - 24.6ppg -- 9.6rpg -- 1.4apg -- 1.2bpg

48.5% FG% -- 40% 3ptFG% -- 83% FT%

Discuss......

Damn. I don't expect those numbers to continue obviously, but its amazing what a guy can do when given a chance.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#6 » by midranger » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:45 am

That is weird, wild stuff.

The ability is there. Everything just needs to come together for CV.

I worry most that he's a classic good player for a bad team type player.

I think he needs to be happy and consistent coming off the bench barring some great defensive improvement.

Here's a question. Would you rather have both CV and Mo or just Redd?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Andrew34r » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:45 am

And why couldnt he do this when he was coming off the bench. I mean really what a baby! Im only going to try when I start. Ship his @$$ out of here this summer.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#8 » by LUKE23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:46 am

midranger wrote:That is weird, wild stuff.

The ability is there. Everything just needs to come together for CV.

I worry most that he's a classic good player for a bad team type player.

I think he needs to be happy and consistent coming off the bench barring some great defensive improvement.

Bingo. And I'll take Mo/CV.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#9 » by REDDzone » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:47 am

midranger wrote:

I really don't think you can win with either option.

Mo is fine, CV is fine...put them together, and I don't like it. I just don't think you can win with two putrid defenders together. Too much pressure on everyone else IMO.

On the other hand, Redd is not even a "second banana" on a good team anymore.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,411

Post#10 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:48 am

I find it strange that a front court of Boozer/Okur can contend but a Bogut/CV one cannot. The difference in defense between the two is negligible.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:48 am

SupremeHustle wrote:I find it strange that a front court of Boozer/Okur can contend but a Bogut/CV one cannot. The difference in defense between the two is negligible.

1. Deron Williams
2. Jerry Sloan
3. Backcourt D
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,001

Post#12 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:50 am

Sparky advocating keeping both Yi and CV. Woeffel saying the Chinese handlers won't stand for CV still being on the roster next year taking time from Yi.

Woeffel then said...."Charlie V. has more value around the league than Yi.....other than in the opinion of some Bucks people, Yi doesn't have much a name" or something along those lines.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#13 » by rilamann » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:51 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1. Deron Williams
2. Jerry Sloan
3. Backcourt D

Indoobidibly(sp)

:lol:
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#14 » by LUKE23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:52 am

I don't see any way we can keep both Yi/CV. Keeping those 2 really makes little sense for this team. Keep giving CV minutes and shots and build his trade value these last 17 games. Hopefully we can package him with Redd for something of value.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,983

Post#15 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:53 am

pau gasol was once called a good player on a bad team type guy. if charlie v goes to the spurs and starts next to duncan are they going to bottom out all of the sudden? come on.

put any one of our guys on a team with a lebron or kobe or duncan or kg and all of the sudden they're a valuable piece of the puzzle. put tony parker on the bucks and he'll get the mo williams treatment. it wouldn't be two games before you'd have people screaming that he didn't move the ball enough or that he took too many shots.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,411

Post#16 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:53 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1. Deron Williams
2. Jerry Sloan
3. Backcourt D

That's actually my point. You don't give up a guy like CV. Fix the backcourt and things will improve dramatically.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#17 » by Raptors90102 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:54 am

SupremeHustle wrote:I find it strange that a front court of Boozer/Okur can contend but a Bogut/CV one cannot. The difference in defense between the two is negligible.

Bingo.. Boozer and Okur are not good defenders either.. heck, they aren't even average defenders..

The fact is, Utah's perimeter D is solid and that covers their bigs' defensive shortcoming.. whereas for us, it just exposes our bigs even more..

But CV's man-to-man defence has really improved.. especially in the post, his body's up well on his man and usually defends the post-ups real well..

As for him being a good player on a bad team, put him on a team with a real PG who creates for his bigs, put him in a structured offense and he will be very consistent.. just a matter of running plays for him.. and about his motivation, I don't think the problem was playing off the bench, the problem with him was not getting enough minutes of the bench.. you've got to play him more mins off the bench when he's playing well, which wasn't the case.. so in a way, LK was dead set on not playing CV more than 17-18 mins no mattter how well he played.. that was a concern for CV.. I am sure he would have been happy had he been getting 30 mins off the bench.. it was all abt PT..
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#18 » by LUKE23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:55 am

SupremeHustle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's actually my point. You don't give up a guy like CV. Fix the backcourt and things will improve dramatically.

I actually somewhat agree with you. Do you think the team will be able to really be cohesive if we keep both CV/Yi? I think fixing the backcourt and starting CV/Yi/Bogut might even be worth a try next year. If the two backcourt guys can defend, with Bogut's improved D we'd at least have four above average defenders on the court. We'd kill teams on the glass with that frontcourt.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,001

Post#19 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:56 am

SupremeHustle wrote:I find it strange that a front court of Boozer/Okur can contend but a Bogut/CV one cannot. .

If you could hear the postgame show on webcast, Sparky was pondering if maybe the Bucks could go out and get a really good defensive PG and SF.....then roll with the offensive trio of Bogut, Redd, CV.

It is a fair question to ask. If you are going to have one guy in your lineup who can't play D (I realize we have four players like that now) don't you want that guy to be a 6-10", 23-year old PF?

Why would you waste your "elite" scoring spot with a non-defender at the PG, SG or SF positions since those are far less value on the court. Isn't elite scoring from a big far more valuable? i.e. maybe we need to send both Mo and Redd packing for defenders who can create a bit for others.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#20 » by DH34Phan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:57 am

Those are amazing numbers, and he is even chipping in a block a game too.

The Utah example is perfect. Get good perimeter defenders, and the frontcourt will be helped enormously.

I think LK does good helping the big men play D (Bogut), but the backcourt is terrible.

I think the rest of this season we will see great numbers from Bogut and CV, and the elephant in the room will be the horrible perimeter defense on this team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks