ImageImage

Another version of team meeting

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Another version of team meeting 

Post#1 » by Sigra » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:19 pm

This is going to be suprise for many of you but yes even I have my inside sources. 8) It may look strange because I am in Bosnia but during my years on Bucks forums I found a lot of friends in Milwaukee. One of them is a girl who said that she is a friend of one of Bucks players. We exchange e-mails sometimes and yesterday I asked her about, now legendary, team meeting that europa talked about. It's not that I don't trust europa but I am not sure that I trust his source and his motivation. She responded with what she know about that. Acording to her this is what hapened:

Krystkowiak started this meeting and said that he feels that many players second-guess our offense. It was not case at the begining of year but now when we are losing all this games players just don't believe in what they are doing. He said that they all have to be on same page so he want to hear honest opinions. He knows that plenty of guys were unhappy with rotation and distribution of minutes but he wanted to know why those that got good minutes all year are not on same page and why they lost their momentum and edge. He feels that players don't trust him and don't trust in what he wants to accomplish at offense and defense.

Mo said that last year we were wining more than losing when we were healthy. He said that coach made mistake when he changed last year's offense. Mo was talking about how last year team was scoring without any problem and how offense was not problem. Therefore he doesn't understand why Krystkowiak had to change what was working wery well.

Redd was not that vocal but he did add that last year we were wining when healthy and this year we are losing and can't score so it is normal that people question coach's offense and approuch.

Krystkowiak said that he thought that they have to use Andrew more. He said that good teams have to develop inside game along with outside. That's why he slowed down offense and limited freedom of his shoters to shot at will.

Then Bogut tried to defend coach and new offense. Bogut said that we would be wining with this new offense if people make their open shots.

Mo acused Bogut that he talks like that because he is on a rookie contract and wants big money. Mo said that Andrew is not that unselfish as he looks. This is aproximatly what he said:
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#2 » by Newz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:21 pm

:roll:

More 'inside sources' that somehow exactly matches someones opinion.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#3 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:22 pm

hmmmmm

the only thing i'm going to comment on is that i thought last night for the most part was a decent combination of the 2 distinct offenses from the last 2 years.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,981

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Hell, I don't know what to think. If it's complete crap, it's at least extremely detailed crap.

I don't know.
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Dags » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Hrm. If true then I'd expect Bogut on the first train out of town.

And it would be hypocritical of Mo to have a go at Bogut about trying to get his payday given his selfish play last year and his actions during the contract negotiations during the offseason.

I'll treat all this as rumour, but if true then I wouldn't expect Bogut to be around too much longer. He won't co-exist with this backcourt.
Das ist nümberwang!
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:38 pm

If thats the case trade Bogut because he is worthless in the "old" offense that apparently won more games than I realized.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Dags » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:41 pm

And, for what it's worth, the Bucks weren't winning before the injuries. Well, they did get to .500 after their 6 game streak. But it isn't like they were a good team. They were in no different a situation than at a similar point this season. So I'm not sure why the idea that 'we were winning' means much. At best the Bucks were breaking even.
Das ist nümberwang!
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#8 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:41 pm

jerrod wrote:hmmmmm

the only thing i'm going to comment on is that i thought last night for the most part was a decent combination of the 2 distinct offenses from the last 2 years.

Yes Bogut getting 8 shots in a game looked very familiar, as did the loss....if this were to be true then trade Bogut and lose under that terrible, ball hogging, back court.......time to set Bogut free. They didn't win last year either.....they had a 6 game win streak and I blieve 5 of those teams were under .500....I find it hilarious Mo Williams calling someone selfish.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#9 » by fam3381 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:44 pm

To be honest that description seems to make far more logical sense, since Mo likely would have gotten his ass beaten in if he was simply talking unwarranted smack to Bogut and Mason. That seems like a pretty reasonable discussion for the team to have.

And thanks for being honest about the lack of certainty of your source, Ilhan. Most sources are second-hand at least anyway, so it's hard to get stories that aren't affected by bias somewhere along the foodchain, or things simply getting lost in translation. It's nice to have multiple accounts of this to compare and contrast.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Even if it isn't true, nobody here can say they prefer this slow-down joke of an offense to the high scoring version we saw last year. It was ugly and selfish but it worked. This years version is less selfish, still ugly, but absolutely doesn't work.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#11 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:47 pm

DrugBust wrote:Even if it isn't true, nobody here can say they prefer this slow-down joke of an offense to the high scoring version we saw last year. It was ugly and selfish but it worked. This years version is less selfish, still ugly, but absolutely doesn't work.

it is less selfish but redd in the 4th last night was really pushing it
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:48 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes Bogut getting 8 shots in a game looked very familiar, as did the loss....if this were to be true then trade Bogut and lose under that terrible, ball hogging, back court.......time to set Bogut free. They didn't win last year either.....they had a 6 game win streak and I blieve 5 of those teams were under .500....I find it hilarious Mo Williams calling someone selfish.

Couldn't agree more. Each day I become more and more convinced Bogut will never work out under this current environment. I also become less and less interested in paying attention to this team.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
jerrod
RealGM

Post#13 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:49 pm

just out of curiosity, does anyone have bogut's fga per game last year and this year readily available?
xTitan
RealGM

Post#14 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:50 pm

DrugBust wrote:Even if it isn't true, nobody here can say they prefer this slow-down joke of an offense to the high scoring version we saw last year. It was ugly and selfish but it worked. This years version is less selfish, still ugly, but absolutely doesn't work.

The answer is simple....some people have to go, neither offense works and I can't stand ball hogging guards so that to me is just as ugly as this offense....so who do you want to go?
jerrod
RealGM

Post#15 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:52 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The answer is simple....some people have to go, neither offense works and I can't stand ball hogging guards so that to me is just as ugly as this offense....so who do you want to go?

lk
xTitan
RealGM

Post#16 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

lk

Thats a start and I would agree....but the players ont his team are a terrible mix, I think we all can agree on that, some have to go its just a matter of who?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Everyone can go as far as I'm concerned. I like Bogut and would prefer to see him play in a better offense with smarter players, though I certainly don't consider him to be untouchable. Yi is the closest I'd consider in that regard, just because he'll be cheap another couple years and I like the eye popping potential.
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Dags » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:54 pm

jerrod wrote:just out of curiosity, does anyone have bogut's fga per game last year and this year readily available?

9.5 fga per game last year. 11.1 this year (9 in October, 10.3 November, 9.9 December, 12 January, 14 February).
Das ist nümberwang!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:55 pm

I wouldn't have guessed that his FGA's had gone up this month. That's really interesting.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:56 pm

DrugBust wrote:I wouldn't have guessed that his FGA's had gone up this month. That's really interesting.

Theres still time left for that to change.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks