ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: lol at Nate in last nights game....

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

seattleknick
Sophomore
And1: 0

OT: lol at Nate in last nights game.... 

Post#1 » by seattleknick » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:35 pm

I watched the highlights of last nights loss to the Wiz on NBA.com. One of the highlights shows Nate guarding Conley and waiving his own hand in front of his face as a fan. The announcer doing the highlights says "Nate is blowing his pants up, Nate your crazy" How about that for some defense on the Grizz. I was lmao...funny sh*t for highlights, they should shown that on sportscenter.
STAR3URY3
Starter

Post#2 » by STAR3URY3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:37 pm

Conley?
seattleknick
Sophomore

Post#3 » by seattleknick » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:39 pm

mike conley jr.
hoodie©
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: OT: lol at Nate in last nights game.... 

Post#4 » by hoodie© » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:44 pm

seattleknick wrote:I watched the highlights of last nights loss to the Wiz on NBA.com. One of the highlights shows Nate guarding Conley and waiving his own hand in front of his face as a fan. The announcer doing the highlights says "Nate is blowing his pants up, Nate your crazy" How about that for some defense on the Grizz. I was lmao...funny sh*t for highlights, they should shown that on sportscenter.

What did you smoke lastnight?

Nate was mocking Deshawn Stevenson's "you can't see me" (something like that) signature taunt he does after plays, Caron shortly retaliated by mocking Quentin's fist pound. (OR the opposite, I didn't see Nate do it until they pointed it out, So Nate could have been the one retaliating.. but the way they presented it, I think Nate did it 1st).

Seems to be a common theme between these two teams lately. Last season after Caron made the game winner against us he jumped up on the table and started amping up the crowd. The next game in DC, After Stevie hit the game winner he retaliated by jumping on the table as well and profiling.

I kind of enjoy it, Has alot to do with Jeffries I think.

Also, Did anyone see Brendan Haywood saluting in the direction of our bench? I think he was mocking that joint JC did against Detroit... but that's questionable.

It's all in good fun... until Haywood gets punched in the nuts again..

edit: oh yeah, we played the Wizards, Not the Grizzles. (should have been obvious from what I wrote above, but still..)

I think Nate was guarding Antonio Daniels BTW.
e180th
Senior
And1: 29

Post#5 » by e180th » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Word, pass that...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#6 » by TKF » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:03 pm

[quote="hoodie
Eric12
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#7 » by Eric12 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:05 pm

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I noticed that hoodie.. I mean that "you can't see me" think is a little more pronounced and almost directed at another player, more so than the headbump... Stevenson hasn't hit enough shots in his career to do that crap... but whatever..

Plus, he stole it from my boy Tim Thomas.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#8 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:07 pm

I saw Nate when he did it I thought it was hilarious .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Eric12
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#9 » by Eric12 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Anyone have a video?
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,690

Post#10 » by DE FENSE » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Eric12 wrote:Anyone have a video?

I'd love to see it.

When I saw Tim Thomas do that move in 2k8 I almost soiled myself.
nykfan70
Banned User

Post#11 » by nykfan70 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Fixers I must apologize for the lack of a Pregame post, as promised, last night. Apparently Windows Vista has issues with the wireless service at the Verizon Center. The Wizards people tried throughout the game to get me online, but we couldn't make it happen. I filed my stories for the paper via the computer of a public relations staffer. The pregame post will return for Monday's MLK matinee against the Celtics.

By the way, Anthony Rieber will be your host tonight in Miami.

As you could tell by the tone of some of the stories in today's newspapers, a few of us among the beat writers were stunned by Isiah Thomas' timid response to the loss. I thought this was a game the Knicks should have won and most certainly could have won. They were right there, down only four early in the fourth quarter. But the Knick perimeter defense -- still the greatest weakness of this team -- was awful. Yes, the Wizards shot the ball extremely well (56.8 percent from the floor), but that was aided by the fact that the Knicks either were late or passive on the shooters.

The killer was, at 96-90, Roger Mason drained a wide-open three from the top with 7:57 left. Mason was left open because Nate Robinson dropped off him to "show" a soft double-down on rookie Nick Young, who had the ball on a post-up against Fred Jones.

Let's be honest, Jones certainly can handle Young one-on-one. Robinson should not leave a shooter like Mason, whom the Knicks know can hit the three with consistency. But this is what the Knicks do - constant double-downs - and when I asked some players about it after the game, I was told this is what Isiah Thomas demands.

Why not stay home on shooters and make someone beat you one-on-one? Force your players to defend. Quentin Richardson partially agreed with me, but then reminded me that this is the NBA and you can't just let someone work one-on-one against you all game long. "Guys are good," he said.

True, but guys are a lot better when they don't have a hand in their face.
hoodie©
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#12 » by hoodie© » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#13 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:05 pm

nykfan70 wrote:
Fixers I must apologize for the lack of a Pregame post, as promised, last night. Apparently Windows Vista has issues with the wireless service at the Verizon Center. The Wizards people tried throughout the game to get me online, but we couldn't make it happen. I filed my stories for the paper via the computer of a public relations staffer. The pregame post will return for Monday's MLK matinee against the Celtics.

By the way, Anthony Rieber will be your host tonight in Miami.

As you could tell by the tone of some of the stories in today's newspapers, a few of us among the beat writers were stunned by Isiah Thomas' timid response to the loss. I thought this was a game the Knicks should have won and most certainly could have won. They were right there, down only four early in the fourth quarter. But the Knick perimeter defense -- still the greatest weakness of this team -- was awful. Yes, the Wizards shot the ball extremely well (56.8 percent from the floor), but that was aided by the fact that the Knicks either were late or passive on the shooters.

The killer was, at 96-90, Roger Mason drained a wide-open three from the top with 7:57 left. Mason was left open because Nate Robinson dropped off him to "show" a soft double-down on rookie Nick Young, who had the ball on a post-up against Fred Jones.

Let's be honest, Jones certainly can handle Young one-on-one. Robinson should not leave a shooter like Mason, whom the Knicks know can hit the three with consistency. But this is what the Knicks do - constant double-downs - and when I asked some players about it after the game, I was told this is what Isiah Thomas demands.

Why not stay home on shooters and make someone beat you one-on-one? Force your players to defend. Quentin Richardson partially agreed with me, but then reminded me that this is the NBA and you can't just let someone work one-on-one against you all game long. "Guys are good," he said.

True, but guys are a lot better when they don't have a hand in their face.

:nonono: :nonono: WTF is wrong with you isiah!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm pretty sure fred jones can guard a rookie like nick young. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#14 » by TKF » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:nonono: :nonono: WTF is wrong with you isiah!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm pretty sure fred jones can guard a rookie like nick young. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

yea, if that was the case, then that is just horrible coaching, I mean god awful!!!
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#15 » by mjhp911 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Eric12 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Plus, he stole it from my boy Tim Thomas.

One of the stupidest things a player ever came up with. I think it was to mock his defender, implying, "No matter how much you put your hand in my face, I'll still drain it." Just moronic. Instead of a hand in the face, you just needed to poke Ti##!es, and Fugazy would start to quiver...
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#16 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:09 pm

they all got it from tony yayo

Return to New York Knicks