Ersan Ilyasova talk 

Post#1 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:49 am

Ersan
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#2 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:54 am

Is Ersan's contract guaranteed? What benefit is there to cutting him if they still owe him the money. We need more info on how those contracts work.

What are his stats over there? And how do they compare to the other SF/PF's in his league?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#3 » by raferfenix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:04 am

Great news, we really could have used him this year instead of giving minutes to players who have no shot at being part of our future.

Anyone know how much he has improved this year?
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#4 » by Buck You » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:09 am

raferfenix wrote:Great news, we really could have used him this year instead of giving minutes to players who have no shot at being part of our future.

Anyone know how much he has improved this year?

Great news? A European team is dumping Ersan and it is great news? Think about that, if he was really that good, they wouldn't be dumping him.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#5 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:10 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Is Ersan's contract guaranteed? What benefit is there to cutting him if they still owe him the money. We need more info on how those contracts work.

What are his stats over there? And how do they compare to the other SF/PF's in his league?

PP, it seems like contracts very from team to team in Europe. I have to get more info on the specifics of Ersan
oshmeehan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by oshmeehan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:28 am

From what I have seen in highlights and boxscores looks like Ersan has been playing better the past month+

Here's another 'highlight' play of his from this past week, its the #3 play of the week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUIqF3geLY

Also, last Thursday on the Pro Hoops show I was the one who called in asking Dave Babcock if the Bucks would be bringing back Ersan next season or in the near future.

He said that he talks with Ersan about once every week and that the way his contract is structured that the Bucks could offer him a contract this summer if they'd like. That didn't really answer my question to much, and I guess this would be void if his contract with Barcelona gets terminated after this season.

Though if his contract is terminated with Barcelona then Ersan wouldn't be on a team this summer I'm assuming so he'd be able to come back to the Bucks without having to worry about perhaps a buyout with a European team or something like that
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#7 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:40 am

I know Ersan has an NBA out clause in his contract, so HE can get out of it, but I am not sure what the situation is from his team's perspective as far as getting out of the contract from their end.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#8 » by emunney » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:44 am

I'm not so sure this is a good thing. Ersan had kind of a sweetheart deal in terms of being able to opt out, and it was only two years long. Hopefully he doesn't have to sign a longer deal with a less friendly opt-out.

Also, I'm irritated that Messina is switching teams and not to ours.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#9 » by jerrod » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:48 am

the commentary on the #2 play was great
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#10 » by pasting_monkeys » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:46 am

jerrod wrote:the commentary on the #2 play was great

:rofl:

"In your face man!"
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#11 » by stellation » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:57 am

Pointless trivia...
CSKA Moscow has an Australian big named David Andersen on its roster. Andersen was drafted a while back by Atlanta a while back who didn't sign him, retained his draft rights and let him go play in Europe. Andersen became a very solid player, then became a Euroleague all-star and Atlanta wanted to put him on their roster- in what was the start of a sign of the times, Andersen declined the offer from the NBA team to stay in Europe. Word is he is on around a million Euros (either after tax or tax free, either way a million in the hand) and Atlanta's offer wasn't close to the dollars and he Andersen didn't want to ride the pine just to say he'd played in the NBA.
#FreeChuckDiesel
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#12 » by pasting_monkeys » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:03 am

stellation wrote:Pointless trivia...
CSKA Moscow has an Australian big named David Andersen on its roster. Andersen was drafted a while back by Atlanta a while back who didn't sign him, retained his draft rights and let him go play in Europe. Andersen became a very solid player, then became a Euroleague all-star and Atlanta wanted to put him on their roster- in what was the start of a sign of the times, Andersen declined the offer from the NBA team to stay in Europe. Word is he is on around a million Euros (either after tax or tax free, either way a million in the hand) and Atlanta's offer wasn't close to the dollars and he Andersen didn't want to ride the pine just to say he'd played in the NBA.

Man it's going to be good to have him on the national team for these Olympics.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#13 » by rilamann » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:40 am

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

the commentary on the #2 play was great

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#14 » by oshmeehan » Sun May 4, 2008 10:45 pm

Looks like Messina signed a contract extension today with CSKA Moscow whom also won the Euroleague Title today against Maccabi Tel Aviv. Not sure what that means for Ersan and being on Barcelona next season.

Also, Pau Gasol has arranged for Barcelona to play the Lakers in LA this upcoming fall as Gasol used to play for Barcelona.

As for Ersan, last 11 games in ACB play he is averaging 10.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1 bpg in 20 MPG. He is also shooting the ball extremely well. He's shooting 40 for 75 overall on FG's for 53% while shooting 18 for 34 from 3-point range, for 53%
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#15 » by Licensed to Il » Sun May 4, 2008 10:59 pm

Most Undeserving Bucks Saviors Of All Time (Who Never Even Contributed Meaningful NBA Minutes)

1) Symon Szyzewyck

2) Rashard Griffith

3) Ersan Illysaova
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#16 » by Chapter29 » Sun May 4, 2008 11:34 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Ersan back next year.

I still think this kid come be a decent player in the NBA.
Giannis
is
UponUs
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#17 » by tyland » Mon May 5, 2008 12:12 am

Chapter29 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Ersan back next year.

I still think this kid come be a decent player in the NBA.

Didn't Chicago have a bit of interent in Ersan last offseason? Maybe Skiles had an interest. It will be interesting how Hammond will evaluate him and whether he brings him back next season or in the future.
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,977

Post#18 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 5, 2008 1:16 am

I wouldn't mind having any young and talented player on the Bucks roster. If he wants to come back, I'd welcome Josh Hartnett back with open arms.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#19 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon May 5, 2008 1:38 am

Yea, I want josh back too, he was always a favorite of mine. It just seems like he was Harris and babcock's baby so I doubt he has much of a future with the bucks
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Wade-A-Holic » Mon May 5, 2008 1:57 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Yea, I want josh back too, he was always a favorite of mine. It just seems like he was Harris and babcock's baby so I doubt he has much of a future with the bucks

Well, Babcock is still around. I guess the precedent might be there for Skiles to be interested in him. He's a lanky, high effort player that can shoot from the outside. Obviously he had/has a lot to work on, but I liked a lot of what I saw from him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks