ImageImageImage

Rip's elbow

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Post#81 » by m23uza1hem36 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:08 pm

DorfonCeltics wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOL, our "soft" team is about to eliminate your team so what does that make them?

Oh yeah, losers.

Go back to your own board troll.

First, there's games to be plays.

Second, I never said anything about soft teams can't win, the Mavericks did it just a few years back.
vegas_runnin_rebel
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#82 » by vegas_runnin_rebel » Thu May 29, 2008 11:19 pm

celticfan42487 wrote: Ray Allen just looks worse then most defending them because he's softer then most wings in the NBA.

That's not true at all. Ray usually does a good job of guarding Rip through screens without the basketball because Ray understands where Rip is trying to go. Every now and then he gets wiped out by a screen or guesses wrong and Rip gets a wide open shot, but the same is true of Rip when he guards Ray on the other end.

I say that not to praise Ray Allen but to illustrate the fact that toughness and a willingness to run right through a pick that is being set on defense is not the answer to containing Rip Hamilton. I still remember Reggie Miller absolutely destroying Tony Allen in the playoffs. Tony may be the C's most physically talented perimeter defender, but he was totally out of his element trying to guard a guy without the basketball. The same is true of James Posey. He doesn't look as lost trying to guard Hamilton as TA did on Miller, but Posey can't resist grabbing Rip on screens and is always getting whistled for fouls. Simply put, the aggression and physicality that make Posey and TA great one on one defenders actually hurts them when they try to guard Rip.

Ray is definitely a liability when it comes to one on one defense, but he's better suited to guarding Rip without the basketball than anyone else (with the possible exception of Pierce) on the team.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#83 » by ermocrate » Thu May 29, 2008 11:21 pm

m23uza1hem36 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What does KG's "hard and solid" screens that can hurt a player like Lindsey Hunter last night called? It wasn't needed and yet done, is a dirty play, sure it is, but he was doing it to "help" his team right?
Oh BTW I saw no intention in him trying to hurt Ray Allen....
An hard screen as IN the rules, a choke attempt or an eblow hit in OUT of the rules... You're too much ignorant(on rules) not to be a casual fans... Maybe you think you're lookig at the Ghetto Basketball Association on your TV, right?
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Post#84 » by Who-rod » Thu May 29, 2008 11:22 pm

The Celtics aren't soft because Richard Hamilton is a hack. I don't think Richard (I now refuse to call him Rip...) intends to hurt people, I think he is not athletic, or strong enough to keep up with lot of elite NBA athletes, so he grabs, holds, pushes off and acts his way to every point he can get. Do I blame him for doing so? Hell, it works in stretches for him. I just wish the NBA would crack down on it, because it is a foul, and he gets away with 90% of his antics.
vegas_runnin_rebel
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by vegas_runnin_rebel » Thu May 29, 2008 11:36 pm

First, there's games to be plays.

Second, I never said anything about soft teams can't win, the Mavericks did it just a few years back.

Your perception of soft is seriously flawed. Soft teams don't outrebound the opposing team 45-25. Soft teams don't dominate the points in the paint battle all series long.

And please don't confuse any of Hamilton's antics as proof that he's a tough player. Michael Jordan once described playing against Reggie Miller as "chicken-fighting with a woman." The same is true of Rip.

Lastly, as far as toughness, size, and physicality goes, the Celtics win in a land slide. The Celtics have Pierce, KG, Perkins, Posey, Brown, Powe, and Big Baby. Meanwhile, Billups, Sheed, Maxiell and Hunter are the Pistons only truly physical players.

As far as I'm concerned, the Pistons basically became a finesse team after Ben Wallace left. Maxiell helps fill some of that void, but Flip rarely ever gives him enough playing time.
Joselo16
Veteran
And1: 16

Post#86 » by Joselo16 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:53 pm

What does KG's "hard and solid" screens that can hurt a player like Lindsey Hunter last night called? It wasn't needed and yet done, is a dirty play, sure it is, but he was doing it to "help" his team right?
Oh BTW I saw no intention in him trying to hurt Ray Allen....

Ok so when you grab a person by the throat a choke as its technically called, you do not intend to hurt them so what do you intend? Are you calling a screen dirty? Its part of the game (as long as you are not moving)Detroit does it all the time (its the only way Rip can get his offense), choking or elbowing is not!
You have just been Perk'd!!!
Maple Green
Starter
And1: 79

Post#87 » by Maple Green » Fri May 30, 2008 1:55 am

I saw the video and I play it and pause;play and pause repeatedly it is intentional because Rip are NOT looking to the man with ball but he is looking to Allen's neck.

What do you called on this?
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,243

Post#88 » by TheSheriff » Fri May 30, 2008 2:55 am

Yes, but it WASNT called

But the league said it should have been.
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer

Post#89 » by IEcelticfan » Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 am

pose wouda waxed him when they got into it. skinny aass bones. is he serious? vs pose ??
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer

Post#90 » by IEcelticfan » Fri May 30, 2008 7:16 am

P2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =
He practiced three days later.

paul ====== chuck norris :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
LongTimeFan
Analyst
And1: 292

Post#91 » by LongTimeFan » Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm

P2
"He practiced three days later."

Yeh, I've been accused of exaggeration before. My recollection isn't what it used to be.

My point was, "If you keep grabbing a guy like Pierce, your joints are going to take a beating." We tend to think of Pierce as soft, because he just looks soft. He dropped to ten, because he looked soft.

The reality is that he's very close to a Lebron James type body. You keep grabbing that freight train and your joints are going to take a beating.

Three days. Wow.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#92 » by GuyClinch » Fri May 30, 2008 1:20 pm

PP is really a beast - because he isn't as cut or that dark from the sun he looks a bit softer. But he will wear you out. The guys on TV who look cut have like 5% body fat. PP probably has around 10%..

Pete
LongTimeFan
Analyst
And1: 292

Post#93 » by LongTimeFan » Fri May 30, 2008 4:07 pm

I remember when he was drafted, body fat was the big measurement the GM's thought was key. Pierce just looks soft. After the draft he was so pissed. He said his body fat was like 7%. He just looks soft.

I like it. Celtics gain.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#94 » by GuyClinch » Fri May 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Yes that's the reason he slipped his bf% was a bit higher. It was a break for the C's no doubt. Sometimes you can go too far though like with BBD. I doubt he can ever get down to a good level..
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#95 » by bru87tr » Fri May 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Rip is playing tonight.
P2
Banned User

Post#96 » by P2 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:35 pm

bru87tr wrote:Rip is playing tonight.

Which is actually better for us. A banged up Hamilton will disrupt their team.
C-West
Bench Warmer
And1: 491

Post#97 » by C-West » Fri May 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Of course he is. He was never hurt.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#98 » by Rocky5000 » Fri May 30, 2008 7:21 pm

Yep, just as I originally suspected, he was just trying to steal a time out by acting like a fool.

I do give him credit for going all the way to wearing a sling though. That takes commitment!
DieselCeltic
Banned User

Post#99 » by DieselCeltic » Fri May 30, 2008 7:21 pm

That skinny scrawny son of a bitch was never hurt to begin with. Watching replay shows him putting Ray in a headlock after Allen broke out, 20 secs after he sustains an elbow injury. Every injury is an instant one, not 20 seconds later.

I hope someone finishes him tonight. People like that don't deserve to have a career.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#100 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri May 30, 2008 7:27 pm

I agree, it didn't look like anything happened to his arm on the replay, which is why I was perplexed as to how it got hurt.

No matter, I'm sure the C's were prepping for this game as if he'd play anyway, so no difference.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics