ImageImageImage

Rip's elbow

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,375

Post#41 » by tlee324 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 am

You can call US whatever you'd like, but Rip's antics are crap. It's not basketball.

What kind of defense is "Larry and DJ were worse"???? A choke is a choke... and it's crap.

Rip's the man when he's coming off picks and nailing jumpers, but pulling on arms, pulling jerseys, and all the other crap is just crap.
thefoulness
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#42 » by thefoulness » Thu May 29, 2008 6:43 am

Pete, you may want it to be called a foul. But you know very well it won't be, never has, and probably never will - not in the playoffs.

Showing off the rulebook like it actually matters in the real world where the games are won is a little beneath you, IMHO.

Reggie Miller pushed off, Jordan pushed off, Bird pushed off. It's how you get open when guys are in your shirt in the playoffs.

It might get called if it is flagrant.

But mostly, it won't.

I have no problem with people wanting it to get called a foul. I think they're naive, and don't think the Celtics can win if they're gonna play soft trying to get those calls.

But calling it dirty? Come on. You know that ain't dirty.

Dirty is trying to hurt someone.

Tough basketball is trying to get open.

It only looks worse because Ray Allen is a horrible defender, and is getting torched playing handsies with Hamilton, who is just abusing him. Plus Ray can't handle the pressure when he has the ball. It's why Kobe used to get in Ray's dome so much. (Thank God Kobe would have to play Pierce mostly vs. the C's if they play each other).

Whatever the rule book says, any NBA fan worth his/her salt knows that stuff ain't a playoff foul. It just ain't, never has been, never will.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by tlee324 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:45 am

Well of course, that's why it's basketball to you, and not in real life... because the rulebook doesn't matter to you. But the way I see it, if you're not playing by the rules, then it's dirty.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#44 » by MaxwellSmart » Thu May 29, 2008 6:46 am

There is nothing wrong with Rip Hamilton's arm....he is just acting -like when he got "hit in the eye"....He only faked this injury because he thought he got caught CHOKING Ray Allen.....You'll see....HE WILL PLAY in Game 6.....This guy is full of S**T....NOTHING wrong with his arm.
scottyno2
Sophomore

Post#45 » by scottyno2 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:48 am

his arm was sore from grabbing pierce every play for 48 minutes
Joselo16
Veteran
And1: 16

Post#46 » by Joselo16 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:49 am

I kinda figured he was faking somehow since his arm really doesnt hit or get jammed by anything. He will play definitely play in game 6!
You have just been Perk'd!!!
thefoulness
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by thefoulness » Thu May 29, 2008 6:53 am

BadMuthaCeltic wrote:Well of course, that's why it's basketball to you, and not in real life... because the rulebook doesn't matter to you. But the way I see it, if you're not playing by the rules, then it's dirty.

Weak sauce.

Whining isn't going to get the Celtics anywhere.

You don't hear the Spurs complaining about the foul that wasn't called last night. Because they know that's the playoffs. You win by putting the ball in the hole, not wishing the refs will bail you out.

The Green needs to be Mean if they want to win the championship.

They need to be the toughest.

Not complaining about scratches.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by tlee324 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am

Pointing out what's there is whining to you, but again, it's just a fact that they're doing something that they shouldn't be doing. You want to call Rip choking Ray and faking an elbow injury "good basketball", and getting away with a bunch of non-basketball foolishness as "good basketball", but when it comes down to it, if you can't play and win playing to the rules of the game, you have to cheat. And when you can't come up with a good rebuttal to the facts, you have to resort to calling people "weak" and saying they're "whining". It's all about the mentality of the person, I guess.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by tlee324 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:59 am

You think that playing hard means playing dirty. Of course, that's wrong, and it doesn't NEED to be that way. The C's played hard and kept it clean in this one, and they came out on top. Grabbing, choking, and shoulderblocking wasn't a full necessity in this one, leave that to the Pistons.
thefoulness
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by thefoulness » Thu May 29, 2008 7:05 am

It's pretty straight forward.

You are calling Rip Hamilton dirty not because he tried to hurt someone, but because he and Ray Allen were playing handies and Ray got scratched and there wasn't a foul call. You are totally confused about what the problem is. If you have a problem, it's with the Refs for not calling what you think should be a foul. It's not on Rip to call fouls on himself. But calling Rip dirty is baloney. You need to learn what dirty means before you start calling people that.

You are suggesting Rip faked an injury. Which is conspiracy garbage talk. Makes you sound like a nutjob. Why on earth would Rip fake an injury like that? You just hate him because he's good, and so you are ascribing to him nefarious motives with ZERO PROOF. This is idiocy of the highest order.

As for calling Rip a cheater, again, you seem not to know what that means. Is Dwayne Wade a cheater because he got so many calls in the finals that year? Of course not!

Barry Bonds is a cheater. Pete Rose is a cheater. Roger Clemmons is a cheater.

Rip Hamilton got away with what you thought were a few fouls.

You are exaggerating because you hate Rip because he's a great player. You have lost all objectivity.

You simply can't call a player a cheater, dirty and accuse him of faking an injury without any proof and think that nobody's gonna call you on that type of foolishness.

There is a great series going on out there, you don't have to create fictions to make it better.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#51 » by MaxwellSmart » Thu May 29, 2008 7:08 am

The Pistons must teach this crap in practice...how to Push off when driving...How to kick a guy in the balls while shooting....Pretty much anything you can get away with-and so what if they call it...They'll do a lot more that won't get called....Does anyone remember "The Longest Yard"?....Detroit's coaching staff if probably like the Prisoner's staff in that movie.
Joselo16
Veteran
And1: 16

Post#52 » by Joselo16 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:09 am

There's no need for this crap from Rip, playing tough is not playing dirty or vice versa.

Also you (thefoulness) keep talking about how Ray has whined about the scratching and pulling by Rip what do you call what Rip does after every call? Did you catch when Perk stole (actually hacked) at Rip and lead the break, what was Rip doing? He was bitching to the ref (gave up on the play) just like every time they call a foul on him then ran down the court and jump on Posey's back (dirty play) which was when Posey and him got into the argument.

Calls em, like you sees em! Dirty is Dirty!
You have just been Perk'd!!!
thefoulness
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by thefoulness » Thu May 29, 2008 7:13 am

I wasn't talking about Ray Allen whining (though he clearly was whining the whole series), I was talking about all the Celtics fans whining.

Rip whines, too. Like a mofo. Every good player in the league whines pretty much. Everybody except Rondo and Garnett, I guess.
francishsu
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#54 » by francishsu » Thu May 29, 2008 7:48 am

I viewed the replay, and I think y'all are misinterpreting Rip's actions. First, Rip's hand on Ray's neck was actually to help Ray look up at his teammate's shot. If you go frame-by-frame, you'll see that it worked as he's looking up higher and higher. Then the whole arm bent around the neck was because Rip was afraid that Ray was going to run into another player. So he did the best he could to slow down Ray's momentum.

See, it's all just a big misunderstanding!
Celtic Thug RIP @ Healthpoint
ramshackle75
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by ramshackle75 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:09 am

A whole series of articles about organs written in the first person:

I Am Rip's Elbow
I Am Rip's Colon
I Am Rip's Dirty Play
Ortho Stice
Veteran
And1: 76

Post#56 » by Ortho Stice » Thu May 29, 2008 9:02 am

As was said by other posters, karma finally got to him. Rip has the amazing ability to foul players and have them get called with the foul instead. Like when he was literally pulling Garnett, and then KG pushed him away and got called for the foul.

The reason why teams like the Pistons and Spurs have constantly been the top teams in each conference is because 1. they have talent, but also 2. they're full of players who really know how to manipulate the way refs call the game; they know how to draw fouls when they need to, and they know every trick in the book on how to aggravate the opposing player, whether it's Rip choking Allen without the refs seeing it, or Bruce Bowen kneeing people in the junk.
DieselCeltic
Banned User

Post#57 » by DieselCeltic » Thu May 29, 2008 11:05 am

Like I said before PHUCK RICHARD HAMILTON. Let's end their misery on Friday.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#58 » by GuyClinch » Thu May 29, 2008 11:52 am

You are calling Rip Hamilton dirty not because he tried to hurt someone, but because he and Ray Allen were playing handies and Ray got scratched and there wasn't a foul call. You are totally confused about what the problem is. If you have a problem, it's with the Refs for not calling what you think should be a foul. It's not on Rip to call fouls on himself. But calling Rip dirty is baloney. You need to learn what dirty means before you start calling people that.

Forget the "cheater" bit - that's a bit of a strawman. I didn't call him a cheater. But a dirty player? It's a player who makes numerous dirty plays. That's what Rip does. He seeks to hurt or injure players (his elbow to KG's head) or foul them such that the retaliation will cause said player to get fouls called against them.

Another dirty player is Bruce Bowen. You and the other mediots out there can celebrate these players as "good" because they manage to bamboozle the refs and that's your perogative. But I don't consider it "playoff" basketball or any such nonsense.

Nor do I put guys like Jordan in that catergory - creating space is of course a missed call by the refs but it's hardly dirty. Choke holds - kicking guys in the balls, elbows to the head, clotheslines - those are all dirty plays. Jordan didn't play like that..he was good and didn't resort to that. PP, Ray Allen and KG don't either..

Maybe some video will explain it to you...

Dirty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhTjSrZi ... re=related

Jordan Foul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ra9ni9_ ... re=related

Pete
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#59 » by bru87tr » Thu May 29, 2008 12:07 pm

thefoulness wrote:
BadMuthaCeltic wrote:I wouldn't condone Ray Allen choking Rip, honestly. This is complete BS, IMO. But I guess this is what Detroit Piston Basketball has gained its reputation from back in the late 90's. It's not real basketball, in my opinion. And I like Rip's game, one of the best mid-range jumpers of all time, but his antics are garbage....

This is just reactionary nutty talk.

Rip plays hard. Period. And the only choking that's happened to Ray Allen this series was the self-inflicted kind.

Rip Hamilton isn't close to a dirty player. He's just fast and plays more physical than say Ray Allen would like. But that's because he's really, really good.

Bill Lambeer and Rick Mahorn. Those were dirty players.

Raja Bell. That's a dirty player.

Posey. When he wants. He can play nice and dirty.

But Rip ain't in those guys class. If Rip is really getting to ya'll, it's because you're soft.

Fortunately, the Lakers are soft, too. If we can win one more...

:rofl: I cant believe someone is defending a dirty "choke" play. only on realgm.
bigcelticsfan
Bench Warmer

Post#60 » by bigcelticsfan » Thu May 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Is The Foulness Rip Hamilton's mom or something? His condescending posts defending Rip's reputation are quite comical.

Return to Boston Celtics