ImageImageImage

Round 2 Game 6 : Celtics @ Cavs - Friday, May 16th (3-2)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Albanian Damien
Starter
And1: 639

Post#581 » by Albanian Damien » Sat May 17, 2008 2:59 pm

We should've won that game last night, we are gonna kill them at homw.
My Starting 5:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Paul Pierce
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Patrick Ewing
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#582 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 18, 2008 2:09 am

I thought they would win that game in Cleveland. The announcers were quick to count the C's out but they stuck around. If not for that poor call against Pierce we might have pulled it out. With our home fans our roleplayers like Rondo, Posey and hopefully Powe should come alive.

Pete
contentode
Senior
And1: 137

Post#583 » by contentode » Sun May 18, 2008 4:38 am

GuyClinch wrote:I thought they would win that game in Cleveland. The announcers were quick to count the C's out but they stuck around. If not for that poor call against Pierce we might have pulled it out. With our home fans our roleplayers like Rondo, Posey and hopefully Powe should come alive.

Pete

With all due respect as a Cav's fan on the Celtic's board, I posted this on the general forum, but wanted to get Celtic fans' opinions:

I was sitting very close to the action when the charge was called on Pierce. I just reviewed the play in slow motion on my DVR and it confirms what I saw happen live. Pierce lowered his shoulder and had his entire off-arm, from the elbow to the wrist, in Lebron's chest before Lebron made any attempt to swipe for the ball. Actually, there was no contact at all prior to Pierce's arm hitting his chest. Pierce definitely, without question, initiated the contact!! Regardless of the official definition in the rulebook, lowering your shoulder and making contact with the off-arm while on the move will get you a charging call every time-- Especially when the action takes place near the top of the key at the beginning of the drive. Ask any Cav's fan---Lebron gets called for charging all the time when he lowers his shoulder and initiates contact as Pierce did. Those on the forum who are adamant that this was an atrocious call need only watch in slo-mo. That Pierce initiated the contact is clear as a bell.

Where am I going wrong? Does anyone have this play on Youtube?
"I wish I were half the man my dog thinks I am."
The_Floydian
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#584 » by The_Floydian » Sun May 18, 2008 5:37 pm

rhp1990 wrote:it's called home cooking, why do you think all the home teams are winning?

Yeah, the reason Boston lost is because of "home cooking." It had nothing to do with their inability to put up 70 against Cleveland.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,939

Post#585 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 18, 2008 5:44 pm

The_Floydian wrote:Yeah, the reason Boston lost is because of "home cooking." It had nothing to do with their inability to put up 70 against Cleveland.

Watching the game would have helped in your quest to not look bad.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#586 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 18, 2008 6:10 pm

Lebron gets called for charging all the time when he lowers his shoulder and initiates contact as Pierce did. Those on the forum who are adamant that this was an atrocious call need only watch in slo-mo. That Pierce initiated the contact is clear as a bell.

Lebron's feet weren't set - and that's perfectly clear from the reply. He was moving - and 99/100 times that identical call will go the other way. Only occasionally do they call the shoulder call (on ANY NBA player) and only when the opponents feet are set AND they do a good job flopping.

Lebron to his credit didn't really seem to flop but his feet weren't set either. That's almost always a foul for the opposing player. It was absolutely a poor call the way the NBA calls it.

Pete
The_Floydian
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#587 » by The_Floydian » Sun May 18, 2008 9:01 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Watching the game would have helped in your quest to not look bad.

If you think the refs are the reason a team scores 69 against the Cavs, you're the one making yourself look stupid.

The Celtics have no chance against the Pistons if they can't do any better than that. Big 3? That's hilarious.

The Celtics have yet to score 90 against Cleveland. 3 of those games have been played in Boston. Shouldn't the "homecooking" have helped them score 90 at least once? Hell, shouldn't they have scored 90 once without any help at all.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,939

Post#588 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 18, 2008 9:05 pm

Wait... Am I talking to a sour grapes Hawks fan here?
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,514

Post#589 » by canman1971 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Enough of this one. Another game being played.

Return to Boston Celtics