ImageImageImage

GAME 7 : Celtics vs Hawks - Sunday, May 4th (3-3)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#41 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sat May 3, 2008 11:07 pm

Celts continue to dominate at home, we win.

Again, reiterating what I said previously (Game 5), the Celts fans need to get extremely hostile. Not cheering and booing, we need to taunt the opponents. Be very, very nasty. We should have a goal of getting one of their players to cry. No slurs, anything else is fair game.
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#42 » by SonicYouth34 » Sat May 3, 2008 11:15 pm

thebirdman wrote:Stop playing like sissies, stop playing scared! Show that you have *****, that you have pride! Attack the rim, shoot with confidence, play with passion, play with energy! It is now or never! It is time to show that you are winners not losers! Believe in yourselves!

We will win this game! We will win this game! We will win this game!

Amen brotha!! :clap: GO CELTS :clap:
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sat May 3, 2008 11:22 pm

Also, I think Danny should rip the team a new one before the game. Maybe he can motivate these guys. I'm in favor of having the locker room filled with articles talking about the Celtics being a fraud. Have TVs playing talking heads predicting the Celtics downfall, the works.
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by SonicYouth34 » Sat May 3, 2008 11:26 pm

Tommy should talk with the boys, flash his rings and whatnot. Also Marvin Williams is questionable tomorrow, that helps since after Childress they don't have any good wing bench players
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#45 » by kmgarnett21 » Sun May 4, 2008 12:13 am

pballa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

sorry but if that was your reaction to when they got mike bibby, a terrible terrible player, then I just can't read the rest of your post

:rofl:

well if u cant read it, then dont b!tch about it, dont say anything about it. :crazy: jus move on w/o displaying ur "knowledge" of players.

i felt like that b/c he was HUGE in sac durin their playoff runs & he brought with him a lot of playoff experience & he had shown big shot ability in previous seasons, to a team with NO playoff experience & no big shot ability (other than JJ all of a sudden).
Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Post#46 » by Who-rod » Sun May 4, 2008 1:58 am

kmgarnett21 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well if u cant read it, then dont b!tch about it, dont say anything about it. :crazy: jus move on w/o displaying ur "knowledge" of players.

i felt like that b/c he was HUGE in sac durin their playoff runs & he brought with him a lot of playoff experience & he had shown big shot ability in previous seasons, to a team with NO playoff experience & no big shot ability (other than JJ all of a sudden).

FYI - Bibby is not the reason they are tied in the series. In fact, Bibby is one of the player's on the floor that scares me the least for Atlanta. Bibby is the one player on thier starting5 that has been consistently outplayed by whoever he is matched up against.
3pt %
General Manager
And1: 2,696

Post#47 » by 3pt % » Sun May 4, 2008 3:03 am

We need Mang to tell you lilly livered, yellow bellied bitches to support your team.

Keltic Pride.

Have a spoonful of concrete and toughen the **** up.

Game 7 in Boston, we WILL win, and the fans WILL support the team.

If we dont win the whole thing then the negative bastards can come out and play.

Until then, shut the **** up unless you are saying KELTICS FOREVER
Captain_Caveman wrote:Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A.
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#48 » by ARB729 » Sun May 4, 2008 3:46 am

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:Celts continue to dominate at home, we win.

Again, reiterating what I said previously (Game 5), the Celts fans need to get extremely hostile. Not cheering and booing, we need to taunt the opponents. Be very, very nasty. We should have a goal of getting one of their players to cry. No slurs, anything else is fair game.

I don't know if you heard, but we had a your a pu$sy chant going when Horford got hurt and the booing got into Bibby's head clearly. Not to mention the Atl kids really don't know how to handle a tough away crowd yet. Fans in Boston know how to root for a team, hostility is our expertise. NO Mercy tomorrow.
formerly RedSoxFan729
bdawg
Sophomore

Post#49 » by bdawg » Sun May 4, 2008 3:54 am

KFC is my meal today!! Fried Bird, i hope i will eat them happy!
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sun May 4, 2008 4:35 am

RedSoxFan729 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know if you heard, but we had a your a pu$sy chant going when Horford got hurt and the booing got into Bibby's head clearly. Not to mention the Atl kids really don't know how to handle a tough away crowd yet. Fans in Boston know how to root for a team, hostility is our expertise. NO Mercy tomorrow.

Yes and I was very pleased about that, but I think we need to get even more viscious. Specifically, I want a lot more taunts directed at Horford and Smith and even a couple at Childress. I don't think these guys can handle that. Lets get personal, as far as I'm concerned, THIS IS WAR!
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#51 » by Bleeding Green » Sun May 4, 2008 4:45 am

Celtics by infinity plus one.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
NH_soxfan14
Junior

Post#52 » by NH_soxfan14 » Sun May 4, 2008 4:54 am

Fresh off the presses from sullys tees after the sox game. BIBBY SUCKS plain and simple baby.

RSN
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,893

Post#53 » by theGreatRC » Sun May 4, 2008 8:26 am

On SportsCenter, the Big 3 were interviewed and asked who do you want to take the last shot if it comes down to it

Pierce said Ray
KG said Ray
Ray said open man

We all know Ray wanted to say himself
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,893

Post#54 » by theGreatRC » Sun May 4, 2008 9:22 am

I'm not sleeping tonight, I am way too excited to sleep right now.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#55 » by Kefa461 » Sun May 4, 2008 12:50 pm

It all comes down to this....reason for the season......C's by 10.....win or go home. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#56 » by cloverleaf » Sun May 4, 2008 2:11 pm

I think KG wanted to say 'Not me', and each of the other 2 guys wanted to say 'Me'.
billfromBoston
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by billfromBoston » Sun May 4, 2008 2:52 pm

...it comes down to this, GPA have got to know that a loss like this will permanantly tarnish their legacies...if I was Rivers I'd be sure to address the team and let them know that being associated with the greatest upset in NBA playoff history is NOT something anyone wants...they'll be known as chokers and losers the rest of their lives...

...great players perform under pressure, and I think that pressure is needed in this game to drive home the intensity needed to win the day...

..if they lose today, they'll cement themselves as a pathetic group of players who didn't have what it takes to win-all the rumblings about GPA will be verified....

...that should be enough to whip them into a frenzy and play with passion on defense...hopefully they've got enough composure to maintain focus on offense with that intensity...
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#58 » by Athanacropolis » Sun May 4, 2008 3:21 pm

Bill, I couldn't have said it better myself. This is a career-defining game for these guys.

GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 535

Post#59 » by NDaATL » Sun May 4, 2008 3:29 pm

All the people talking about how bad Bibby is should remember how much WORSE our PG situation was before getting Bibby. Bibby hasn't shot very well in this series, but he was a big boost regardless. If he could ever get the damn tape that holds his index and thumb together, I think he'd be able to shoot much better.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,520

Post#60 » by canman1971 » Sun May 4, 2008 3:31 pm

It can't end today. I just can't fathom it.

Return to Boston Celtics