ImageImageImage

GAME 7 : Celtics vs Hawks - Sunday, May 4th (3-3)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#21 » by kmgarnett21 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:12 pm

there's a bunch of blind celtics fans here. how many times have people said "itll be a 25+ point blowout." how can you have such huge faith in a sad team like this? i'm a huge fan here too, but i am realistic. when atl acquired bibby, i said to myself "oh ****, we might be in trouble." i was on this board before the playoffs started sayin it wouldnt be an easy series. now, i didnt say it would be 7 games, i thought 6, but this is gut wrenching to watch.

its like, when the scoreboard reads "QTR-4" we freeze up & dont know what to do.

if we lose this game, it'll be THE BIGGEST upset ever, in any sport. a below .500 team beating a 66 win team on their home court in a 7th game. the celtics, with 3 future HOFers losing to the hawks, a team with no HOFers & a bunch of athletic swingmen & *******.

someone needs to step up. KG had a big game three. thats been it. we havent had a player step up & take the game in his control. i thought that pierce was that type of player, but i guess not anymore. of course, its hard to do anything when you are in foul trouble all series. but still, someone needs to step up & drop 30+ on them & just dominate, from start to finish. whether its PP, KG, allen, cassell, rondo, posey, whoever. we need a huge performance scoring-wise from someone, & i think the only ones capable of doin that is our big three.

so after the whole season, when all the ? marks were on the supporting cast, the biggest ? mark comes down to game 7, first round & where has been the dominant performances from the big 3?
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#22 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat May 3, 2008 7:16 pm

Its going to be Paul Pierce.
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#23 » by Kids Are Alright » Sat May 3, 2008 7:25 pm

The team that desperately needed a closing win lost to our scrubs in a game that meant nothing to us a couple of weeks ago. Then Doc freaks out (IMO), stops playing his bench rotation, rides the turd out of our stars leaving no gas whatsoever for a game finish.

Seems that Tony could man up on JJ without the double team and the subsequent easy hoops every trip down and the wear and tear involved in the switches for our players. True, Smith would make Tony's life a living hell on his drives to the hoop, but he's learned to dish the ball.

Given the same game plan, I'd give the advantage to the younger team in game 7, even in Boston. :nonono:
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#24 » by Athanacropolis » Sat May 3, 2008 7:27 pm

For some reason, in Boston in this series, two things happen:

1) The Celtics remember how to play stifling team D; and
2) The Hawks rely on quick, poorly chosen shots

It seems that both teams are mentally weak when it comes to playing in front of hostile crowds. The fans in the Garden tomorrow afternoon better make some NOISE!!!
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#25 » by wigglestrue » Sat May 3, 2008 7:35 pm

Kids Are Alright wrote:The team that desperately needed a closing win lost to our scrubs in a game that meant nothing to us a couple of weeks ago. Then Doc freaks out (IMO), stops playing his bench rotation, rides the turd out of our stars leaving no gas whatsoever for a game finish.

And that's precisely why Doc should be fired, win on Sunday or not.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
NaplesSunsFan
Junior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by NaplesSunsFan » Sat May 3, 2008 7:36 pm

If Marvin Williams is out, the Hawks are toast. Looks like he's out; probably because the worst coach ever put him back in to guard Garnett at the end of the game, and he further injured it.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#27 » by The Rondo Show » Sat May 3, 2008 8:27 pm

NaplesSunsFan wrote:If Marvin Williams is out, the Hawks are toast. Looks like he's out; probably because the worst coach ever put him back in to guard Garnett at the end of the game, and he further injured it.
1.) I doubt he even misses the game. You aren't going to get legit injury info in the playoffs so it's really not surprising he's listed as doubtful, but considering he came back from the injury to play the final 20+ seconds, I'm going to guess he'll play.

2.) Childress is arguably better than Marvin. The Celtics have paid no attention to Marvin all series long and have given him a bunch of open shots in order to slow down/double JJ yet he's still done relatively little, although he did have a solid game last night. The Hawks chances with Childress getting big minutes over Marvin are about the same and they certainly aren't "toast" because of that injury. It depends whether they can start to play as well on the road as they do at home more so than whether Marvin Williams plays.
cinnamon
Starter

Post#28 » by cinnamon » Sat May 3, 2008 8:40 pm

I believe the Celtics will win at home. Every time they need to.
And I take enormous comfort in what diforman said in the game thread last night, that the Celtics can actually win the championship by winning at home every time.
It'll be easier on them and easier on us if they can win away sometimes, too. But if they don't, then they can win it all by winning at home every time.
NaplesSunsFan
Junior

Post#29 » by NaplesSunsFan » Sat May 3, 2008 8:42 pm

Rondo, whats up.

Yeah, I totally agree with the Childress take. That dude made a lot of money for himself this series.

ATL doesn't have much depth to speak of. If Marvin Williams can't go, or is below subpar compared to what his game usually is, I seriously doubt Hawks have a chance. They all have to be on all cylinders. Can't have JJ having a bad game, or Marvin not scoring or being effective.
diforman
Sixth Man
And1: 15

Post#30 » by diforman » Sat May 3, 2008 8:47 pm

its time for one of the stars to stop deferring and take the team on their shoulders...

I think its gotta be the captain.

PP are you out there? show some pride, and come out and score 30 and shut down JJ.

(please doc, put pierce on JJ, please).
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat May 3, 2008 9:03 pm

The Celtics need to try the One Man Show strategy.

Get Pierce on fire have him start Driving and dishing to players like Ray , Posey and House.
pfm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,652

Post#32 » by pfm » Sat May 3, 2008 9:53 pm

Just win. It doesnt matter how its done, just get the win and move on. If we move on we start on a clean slate and can hopefully get back to the Celtics basketball we saw all season. Just win.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat May 3, 2008 9:57 pm

Now that i think about it... They Should Just ... *GASP* Play like they have been playing at home the whole series! :O
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,994

Post#34 » by leper-con » Sat May 3, 2008 10:20 pm

Rally time
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#35 » by JHTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 10:29 pm

It doesn't seem like it, but the C's are in complete control of the series. They have stomped the Hawks at TD every game this year. Atlanta is nothing without the crowd behind them. We'll win this easily and then on to the the LeBrons..
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,994

Post#36 » by leper-con » Sat May 3, 2008 10:32 pm

A leader must step up and take command of the Celtics troops.
Lambda
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#37 » by Lambda » Sat May 3, 2008 10:52 pm

go hawks!
pballa
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by pballa » Sat May 3, 2008 10:53 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:there's a bunch of blind celtics fans here. how many times have people said "itll be a 25+ point blowout." how can you have such huge faith in a sad team like this? i'm a huge fan here too, but i am realistic. when atl acquired bibby, i said to myself "oh ****, we might be in trouble." i was on this board before the playoffs started sayin it wouldnt be an easy series. now, i didnt say it would be 7 games, i thought 6, but this is gut wrenching to watch.

sorry but if that was your reaction to when they got mike bibby, a terrible terrible player, then I just can't read the rest of your post

:rofl:
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#39 » by The Rondo Show » Sat May 3, 2008 10:56 pm

Go Raptors!
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat May 3, 2008 10:57 pm

Lambda wrote:go hawks!

Theres really no need to troll :/ But if your new you shouldnt go onto a teams board and root for there opponets. Theres the General Board and Atlanta board for it.

Return to Boston Celtics