ImageImageImage

GAME 6 : Celtics @ Hawks - Friday, May 2nd

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

slaman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#501 » by slaman » Sat May 3, 2008 3:53 am

Hawks force Game 7 against Celtics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9orV-sk8MY
"SEV-EN! SEV-EN! SEV-EN! SEV-EN!"
Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#502 » by Joebiscuit » Sat May 3, 2008 3:54 am

There is some good news: If the celtics lose many will get their wish as Doc will be fired.
diforman
Sixth Man
And1: 15

Post#503 » by diforman » Sat May 3, 2008 3:54 am

hey the celtics dont need to win one road game to win the title......

now that would be a run :rofl: :rofl:
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#504 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:55 am

i have never been a doc basher but i dont see how he couldnt be if they lose with the way this series has gone.

seriously it just doesnt seem like hes coaching when they are in ATL

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"
Mr.Monday Night
Sophomore

Post#505 » by Mr.Monday Night » Sat May 3, 2008 3:56 am

hopefully the Celtics go Armor-all on the Hawks on sunday...

"WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!"

and let's all have a silent prayer that Violet Palmer is not officiating
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#506 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 3, 2008 3:57 am

diforman wrote:hey the celtics dont need to win one road game to win the title......

now that would be a run :rofl: :rofl:

Haha. Has that ever happened before?
TA42
Sixth Man
And1: 772

Post#507 » by TA42 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:57 am

hype_2004 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's the starting PG, it's his job to direct plays, instruct players, relays signals and improvise on broken plays, hes failed on all of them.

Game 1: Rondo makes his PLAYOFF DEBUT against the much seasoned Mike Bibby. Results?

Makes 6 of 9 shots for 15 points, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 9 assists and ZERO TURNOVERS. Mike Bibby? 5 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 turnovers. Oh yeah, he shot 20% from the floor too.

Game 2: Rondo continues his stellar play with a 12 point effort with 6 rebounds. He also continues to distribute the ball to the tune of 8 assists with ONE TURNOVER. Mike Bibby? Again the much more seasoned player chips in 12 points (2 for 7 shooting), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover.

Game 3: Rondo plays in his first road playoff game against a hostile Atlanta crowd and has a so-so game....a Bibby-like game you could say. 10 points (50% shooting), 2 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 turnover. Bibby manages 2 extra points (12 pts on 33% shooting) and 8 assists playing nearly 15 minutes more than Rondo.

Game 4: Rondo has a good game despite shooting only 6 for 16. He manages to put up 14 points, 3 rebounds and TWELVE assists with 2 turnovers. Bibby finally manages to get his points ( 18 ) but still struggles getting his team involved....2 assists...4 turnovers.

Game 5: With the pressure squarely on the C's after two shocking losses in Atlanta Rondo manages yet another solid performance. 12 points (albeit on some shaky shooting), 4 rebounds, 7 assists and ZERO turnovers. Bibby puts up a solid 6 point, 2 rebound, 1 assist and 3 turnover stinker.

Game 6: Again, with pressure to close the series out in front of an insanely hostile crowd, Rondo has what could arguably be his worse game of the series. 8 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 turnovers. Bibby puts up his best to date, 17 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists and zero turnovers. This is the only game that anyone can clearly say Rondo was outplayed.

As a "playmaker" Rondo has 45 assists and 7 turnovers through 6 games. That is nearly a 9 to 1 assist to turnover ration. Bibby has mustered 20 assists and a 2 to 1 turnover ratio.

So, as you can see, I think you may have a case of short term memory. You picked the one game where Rondo has been subpar (still better than most of Bibby's performances so far) and painted him with a broad brush.

Rondo has outplayed the much more highly touted Bibby and I would expect much of the same on Sunday when the C's close the series out.

Oh...and how's Toronto doing?
diforman
Sixth Man
And1: 15

Post#508 » by diforman » Sat May 3, 2008 3:57 am

palmer would actually work to the celtics favor, the worse officiating the better in game 7 because well be home....

so chances are we get an A crew, they call the game fairly, and we lose on a last second JJ three, who runs over to a stunned rick pitino, strangely smiling, strangely uninterested, strangely horrified sitting court side.
TA42
Sixth Man
And1: 772

Post#509 » by TA42 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:01 am

TheCelticTruth wrote:i have never been a doc basher but i dont see how he couldnt be if they lose with the way this series has gone.

seriously it just doesnt seem like hes coaching when they are in ATL

I think he's too busy looking at the blonde on press row right next to the Celts bench. Wow.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#510 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 3, 2008 4:06 am

Alright, thats enough of this game though. Man, I keep replaying that rondo 3 pointer in my head. Time to move on.

Celtics. Hawks. Sunday Afternoon. Book it.

Let's Go Celtics.
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#511 » by Athanacropolis » Sat May 3, 2008 4:06 am

TA42 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think he's too busy looking at the blonde on press row right next to the Celts bench. Wow.

^^^ Agreed!!!!!! :o :o :o
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#512 » by JoshB914 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:09 am

What a game! See you guys Sunday.
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#513 » by Basileus777 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:18 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:The one positive, if any. how about the celtics refusing to be blown out. I mean, sure they were supposed to sweep. But every fan and nba analyst underestimated the hawks, the crowd, and the refs (!!!). But there down by 8, then, boom they get it going, put up some points, make some stops. That's nice to see.

:rofl: :rofl:
TyroneSlothrop
Freshman

Post#514 » by TyroneSlothrop » Sat May 3, 2008 6:22 am

Kefa461 wrote:The league (refs) have bailed out the Hawks in every game in Atl. this series.....sad. 8)

It's sad that you guys actually believe this. That your 66 win storied franchise with 3 All Stars and at least 1 first ballot HOFer are getting the shaft from the league in favor of a wet behind the ears, superstarless, 37 win Atlanta Hawks team. Come on.
TyroneSlothrop
Freshman

Post#515 » by TyroneSlothrop » Sat May 3, 2008 6:34 am

diforman wrote:free throws - 47 to 25

personal fouls - 23 to 33

sure some of the blame is on the celtics for not taking it to the hole, but my guess is points in the paint was pretty equal...

These two things don't equate. If the Celtics go to the hole and score without being fouled, they'll have more overall points in the paint than the Hawks even if the Hawks are driving the basketball and getting rewarded at the free throw line.

I'm sorry, but the whole "They're shooting more free throws than us even though we have more points in the paint! The refs suck!" argument doesn't make sense.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#516 » by mr_sunshine » Sat May 3, 2008 6:44 am

TyroneSlothrop wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

These two things don't equate. If the Celtics go to the hole and score without being fouled, they'll have more overall points in the paint than the Hawks even if the Hawks are driving the basketball and getting rewarded at the free throw line.

I'm sorry, but the whole "They're shooting more free throws than us even though we have more points in the paint! The refs suck!" argument doesn't make sense.

47 FTs. Let me spell that out for you FORTY SEVEN ! The Hawks were, somehow, in the bonus with almost 8 minutes left in the fourth! Eight **** minutes! Every charge/block and ticky tack call went their way. My personal favorite was Horford plowing over Powe (clearly a charge) missing the shot with no call, getting the board and they call Powe for a shooting foul while he's still on the ground. Honestly, give me a **** break if you think the officiating was good.
tihsad
Junior
And1: 158

Post#517 » by tihsad » Sat May 3, 2008 7:57 am

So this is a little bit of a troll, but bear with me. Isn't there somewhere in the deepest, darkest recesses of your green hearts that respects a david giving you this much heartache? Given the abuses you've taken over the years (until recently) from the Evil Empire, I'd think that you'd have a secret appreciation for a Cinderella - even if it comes at your expense.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,878

Post#518 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 8:03 am

tihsad wrote:So this is a little bit of a troll, but bear with me. Isn't there somewhere in the deepest, darkest recesses of your green hearts that respects a david giving you this much heartache? Given the abuses you've taken over the years (until recently) from the Evil Empire, I'd think that you'd have a secret appreciation for a Cinderella - even if it comes at your expense.

Good point, LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!
tihsad
Junior
And1: 158

Post#519 » by tihsad » Sat May 3, 2008 8:21 am

lol, I'm glad you appreciated an alternate perspective bove
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#520 » by JoshB914 » Sat May 3, 2008 8:40 am

mr_sunshine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

47 FTs. Let me spell that out for you FORTY SEVEN ! The Hawks were, somehow, in the bonus with almost 8 minutes left in the fourth! Eight **** minutes! Every charge/block and ticky tack call went their way. My personal favorite was Horford plowing over Powe (clearly a charge) missing the shot with no call, getting the board and they call Powe for a shooting foul while he's still on the ground. Honestly, give me a **** break if you think the officiating was good.

That was a very clear flop by Powe. As I said in another thread, we definetely got some home cooking from the refs tonight. But that is a part of the game and you will likely get it in Game 7. The Hawks played fantastic offensively tonight and got to the basket, the Celtics are a jump shooting team. The result of this is a huge free throw advantage for the Hawks. Referees don't just hang out free throws equally to both teams.

Return to Boston Celtics