ImageImageImage

Celtics vs Spurs Gamethread - Sunday, February 10th

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#241 » by reggielewis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:40 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:I'm not scared of your team neither..

it's not disrespect, I just don't believe anyone should be scared of another team..that just admits your team isn't good enough..you should believe you could beat any team, if the teams are at a similar level..

the C's are the best team in the NBA IMO, so I'm showing your team the love..but scared isn't a good word to use, because I believe we can beat you in a series..it isn't like we're going to say "I don't wanna play Boston, because we can't beat them"..

I wouldn't say we were "cruising", we were just playing Spurs basketball..it's also tough when it's the 7th game on the same road trip, obviously..and without our 2nd best player and top 3-point shooter(not an excuse, I realize you guys were without one of the best players in the NBA..it's more of an excuse as to why our team hasn't been as good as we were in November and December)..

so I definitely respect the Celtics, as do the other Spurs fans..not being scared isn't disrespect..your team CLEARLY outhustled us from the beginning to the end..Boston deserved the win, and I'd rather see you guys win a title than LA, Phoenix, Detroit or Dallas..

I hear you :) anyone who is a san antonio fan should not be scared of anyone or anything because they are the reigning champs. I like how we matchup with you guys though, more so than I thought I would. San Antonio is where evey team should strive to be imo, classy, well coached, held accountable, good defensive team, the greatest player never talked about (tim Duncan) etc etc. We did play with all heart yesterday because looking at that game without KG, Perk, or Pollard (all of our bigs) we really had ZERO buisness winning that game. That was all heart and hustle and I am happy that we were able to pull it out I think a better test will be during our Texas trip though when hopefully everyone is back and healthy!

Return to Boston Celtics