ImageImageImage

Celtics @ Timberwolves Gamethread - Friday, February 8th

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Celtics @ Timberwolves Gamethread - Friday, February 8th 

Post#1 » by wetsthebed » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:49 pm

canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,515

Post#2 » by canman1971 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:19 pm

First road game in HD, woo hoo!!!!. Hopefully we can celebrate with a win, but I suspect it'll be close and tough. Can't wait.
Kaykoose
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,406

Post#3 » by Kaykoose » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:27 pm

We better not lose to these guys
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#4 » by JJHondo17 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:43 pm

Psyched for Road HD tonight, think It's going to be a good tight game, Minny's been playing well lately.
rsceltic34
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#5 » by rsceltic34 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:46 pm

keys to win

1) D-FENSE on big al

perk needs to bully him around like he did the 1st game...i also would like to see how powe gaurds him

2)can rondo continue his GREAT PLAY!!

rondo has been a BEAST :devil: since KGs injury and he should be up for this one last time they played telfair had his way.......this time rondo is healthy and should play much better!!
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#6 » by theGreatRC » Fri Feb 8, 2008 6:53 pm

Oh this game is on HD?

Celtic fans getting some road HeaD.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#7 » by DorfonCeltics » Fri Feb 8, 2008 7:47 pm

I love that Minny's in the the Central time zone and the game is an 8pm start. I hate when we play on the West coast and have 10pm starts. I really think the C's are going to come out hungry tonight. This one will be close for 2 quarters and then the C's are going to extend that lead ultimately winning by 10-14 points. Rondo is going to own Bassy.
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#8 » by Prophet_C » Fri Feb 8, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm actually worried about this game. Al is gonna have a HUGE night.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#9 » by cfan79 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 8:18 pm

This game scares me too Prophet. Minny has a good chance of winning. We will need Perk to step up big time. Hopefully Doc gives Powe the starting spot instead of Scala. He has earned it.
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#10 » by daveisceltics » Fri Feb 8, 2008 8:38 pm

I wouldn't be too worried this time.
Look for Rondo to take Telfairy to school.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#11 » by Spin Move » Fri Feb 8, 2008 8:53 pm

Actually I let big Al get his 30 and shut everyone else down, Big Al creates oportunites for the other guys on that team, I would rather let Al score 35 and the rest of the starters combine for 35 then have him score 20 and teh rest of them score 55. Stay with the telfairs and the brewers dont let them get free, we can live with Al killing us as long as no one else does.
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Rocky5000 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 9:09 pm

daveisceltics wrote:I wouldn't be too worried this time.
Look for Rondo to take Telfairy to school.

Telfair has really come around this year and is playing like the point guard people thought he would be. I don't think Rondo is going to school him considering what happened last game. There'll probably be quite a battle though. 10 pts a game and 6 assists with 1.89 TOs on the season for Bassy. Rondo has given us 10 a game and 4.6 assists with 1.8 TOs. In the last ten games, Bassy's averaging 10.4 and 6.9 assists. He also hasn't turned the ball in the past 2 games, although I expect that to change tonight. :lol:

Rondo has been playing out of his mind on the offensive end lately though, so I don't think Telfair has a chance in shutting him down, but I also don't think Rondo is going to shut down Telfair.

I wish Wyc hadn't reacted so sharply to the incident over the summer, I think Bassy is going to turn into a good starting point guard and if we had been able to keep him, our pg position would be set right now with a Rondo/Telfair. Bassy was pretty much a throw-in from Ainge's perspective, because Wyc wanted him gone.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#13 » by EvadedHavoc » Fri Feb 8, 2008 9:11 pm

The game im really hyped for is the San Antonio game.
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#14 » by DorfonCeltics » Fri Feb 8, 2008 9:26 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I wish Wyc hadn't reacted so sharply to the incident over the summer, I think Bassy is going to turn into a good starting point guard and if we had been able to keep him, our pg position would be set right now with a Rondo/Telfair. Bassy was pretty much a throw-in from Ainge's perspective, because Wyc wanted him gone.

Yeah too bad Bassy violated a strict team rule by carrying a gun. Celtic's players have been warned for years about carrying guys and Bassy blatantly defied that rule. He deserved exactly what he got. I think he really let Doc/Danny/Wyc down because they actually had high hopes for him. Looks like he's getting another shot in Minny so hopefully he doesn't blow this one. It could be his last chance.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#15 » by BillessuR6 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 9:30 pm

Telfair is a backup PG on a running team at best. He can`t shoot, he can`t run a team, he is a terrible defender and on top of that he is a cancer. He is a very poor man`s Marbury...

Al with get his share of points, I am more worried about McCants, he can have good days...
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#16 » by Magz50 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 10:18 pm

I have a feeling Jefferson is gonna come in and rip Boston apart. Especially if KG sits out.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#17 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 8, 2008 10:33 pm

thebirdman wrote:Telfair is a backup PG on a running team at best. He can`t shoot, he can`t run a team, he is a terrible defender and on top of that he is a cancer. He is a very poor man`s Marbury...

Al with get his share of points, I am more worried about McCants, he can have good days...

I can't speak for Bassy's previous stints but this year he has been a good teammate and has not been a cancer. I was skeptical of him at first but he really has picked it up that last month. His game the other night against Houston with 12 assists and 0 turnovers is nothing to sneeze at. He definitely needs to learn how to shoot better and defend better but he has been running the team just fine.

As for the game, good luck. I think it will be a close, hard-fought match. I'll have to go with the Wolves to win but, really, it could go either way, imo.
billfromBoston
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#18 » by billfromBoston » Fri Feb 8, 2008 11:32 pm

thebirdman wrote:Telfair is a backup PG on a running team at best. He can`t shoot, he can`t run a team, he is a terrible defender and on top of that he is a cancer. He is a very poor man`s Marbury...

...bird, you are a smart poster, but you are talking out of your ass on this one...

For one, Telfair has always had a good assist/TO ratio and has been a quality decision maker in terms of moving the ball smartly without over-dribbling...this season he has really come into his own...Telfair's manning of the point has been a huge reason that Minny is 5-3 in their last 8 and have battled down to the wire in many, many more games...

he will never be able to challenge shots effectively, but he has learned how to use his speed and quickness to disrupt ball-handlers by picking them up at mid-court as well as playing the passing lanes...

As far as being a cancer? He is extremely well-liked by his teammates and doesn't cause locker room problems...

You are simply off-base with Telfair, guilty of making him into his brother based off your experience with him last year most likely, though I cannot speculate...

Telfair is a good, young PG coming into his own at the ripe old age of 22...don't be so quick to pass judgement....
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#19 » by theGreatRC » Sat Feb 9, 2008 12:02 am

I see Telfair as I see Billups.

Billups went from team to team; Celtics, Raptors, Nuggets. He realized being on the wolves would be the last chance to show that he was a great PG and he became a great PG in the right situation and never looked back. The reason he left the wolves is because he wasn't guaranteed the starting PG spot.

Telfair has been on the Blazers, and Celtics. The Wolves could be his last chance to show he is a good guard, and he is proving it each day.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Pogue Mahone
Head Coach
And1: 738

Post#20 » by Pogue Mahone » Sat Feb 9, 2008 1:08 am

I like Teflair. Before last season, I pictured his breakout occuring sometime this season.

Brewer is pure suck in most games, fwiw.

Return to Boston Celtics