ImageImageImage

PLAYOFFS, Rnd 2, Gm 1 – Cavaliers @ Celtics – 7:00PM, Tues, May 7, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Re: PLAYOFFS, Rnd 2, Gm 1 – Cavaliers @ Celtics – 7:00PM, Tues, May 7, 2024 

Post#122 » by Triple7 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:13 am

flintsky21 wrote:That Cavs-Magic series was probably the most unremarkable 7-game series I can remember watching. The Cavs are bad. But then again they got Celtics-killers Strus and Levert. This should be over in 5. If it reaches 7, we're not good enough for the ECF opponent.

Not good enough for the knicks or pacers? We probably beat those two even if we play bad. Its against nuggs or wolves that’s gonna be a problem.
I agree this should be over in 5. I don’t care if we get beat by donovan for a game or two, i just want to see this team play hard everytime, and not be too complacent and lazy.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,380

Post#123 » by chrisab123 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:31 am

Celtics will wrap this up in 5. I see it as a much easier matchup for them than Miami. Spo isn't coaching the Cavs.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,969

Post#124 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon May 6, 2024 11:37 am

Meaningless factoid since different personalities are involved.

Our starters series records vs. Cavs:
• Al Horford: 0-5
• Jaylen Brown: 0-2
• Jayson Tatum: 0-1
• Holiday/White: 0-0

Celtics haven't won a playoff series (0-3) vs. the Cavs in the Stevens era.

Read on Twitter
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,423

Post#125 » by itrsteve » Mon May 6, 2024 11:54 am

Oh so like the LeBron James years?

Jury is still out on that guy but most agree he could impact a series.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,716

Post#126 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:27 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:I like Evan Mobley’s potential but he’s softer than our guys.

If they go the Mobley on Tatum route, he will be in foul trouble all series.

They’re better off using Okoro+help, and keeping Mobley on the court. But what do I know, I’m just an nba coach.

Bickerstaff is way worse than Joe ngl. Cavs fans wanted him fired all Orlando series
Vee-Rex
Starter
And1: 2,681

Post#127 » by Vee-Rex » Mon May 6, 2024 1:31 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:I like Evan Mobley’s potential but he’s softer than our guys.

They’re better off using Okoro+help, and keeping Mobley on the court. But what do I know, I’m just an nba coach.

Bickerstaff is way worse than Joe ngl. Cavs fans wanted him fired all YEAR

I wanted him gone all year myself.

Oh, and this is not a good Cavs team. Donovan Mitchell is really good but that's about it. Mobley is soft as butter. Strus is streaky. Okoro plays good defense but you'd forget he's on the court. Garland cannot handle any sort of on-ball pressure or physical defense. As long as you guys are physical you should take Garland out of the series.

Boston wins this in 4 - that's my prediction. Maybe the Cavs steal a home game if Mitchell and Garland are hot (Caris LeVert tends to have a hot shooting game in the series) but that's about it and I'm not counting on it.
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,844

Post#128 » by lon3lytoaster » Mon May 6, 2024 2:12 pm

Vee-Rex wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:

Oh, and this is not a good Cavs team. Donovan Mitchell is really good but that's about it. Mobley is soft as butter. Strus is streaky. Okoro plays good defense but you'd forget he's on the court. Garland cannot handle any sort of on-ball pressure or physical defense. As long as you guys are physical you should take Garland out of the series.

Boston wins this in 4 - that's my prediction. Maybe the Cavs steal a home game if Mitchell and Garland are hot (Caris LeVert tends to have a hot shooting game in the series) but that's about it and I'm not counting on it.

Never under estimate the C’s ability to make things hard on themselves.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,617

Post#129 » by 165bows » Mon May 6, 2024 2:47 pm

Vee-Rex wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:

Not gonna say I know a whole ton about the Cavs detail-wise but it feels like Allen being out for Cleveland hurts them more than KP being out does for Boston.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,573

Post#130 » by Fierce1 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:49 pm

165bows wrote:
Vee-Rex wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Bickerstaff is way worse than Joe ngl. Cavs fans wanted him fired all YEAR

Not gonna say I know a whole ton about the Cavs detail-wise but it feels like Allen being out for Cleveland hurts them more than KP being out does for Boston.

That is accurate.

Cavs don't have an Al Horford backing up Allen.
Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#131 » by Celtic Esquire » Mon May 6, 2024 3:28 pm

lon3lytoaster wrote:
Vee-Rex wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Bickerstaff is way worse than Joe ngl. Cavs fans wanted him fired all YEAR

Indeed. Don't forget the vaunted 2008 Celtics had every Eastern Conference series go 7 games. :o
Stan34
Senior
And1: 461

Re: PLAYOFFS, Rnd 2, Gm 1 – Cavs/Magic (TBD) @ Celtics – Time & Date TBD 

Post#132 » by Stan34 » Mon May 6, 2024 3:43 pm

Stan34 wrote:
Stan34 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Jaylen Brown against trash defenders while using up half of the team's possesions was:
22.8 ppg
.565 TS%
12.5 AST%
13.7 TOV%
-30.8 on/off

Tatum going against Bam and two helpers was:
21.8 ppg
.563 TS%
22.3 AST%
8.5 AST%
+25.7 on/off

Mazzulla needs to acknowledge the cold reality and stop letting Jaylen have the ball so much even in single coverage against the trashiest defenders.
Ok so, now. Let me know the on/off of White in this series. I'm waiting.

Inviato dal mio CPH2399 utilizzando Tapatalk
If you can't find the Derrick White on/off I'm sure someone could help you.
Let us know.

Heilà @BK_2020 I'm waiting for the Derrick White on/off. You need help?

KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#133 » by KillahGhostface » Mon May 6, 2024 3:44 pm

Stan the man going on the offensive
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,541

Post#134 » by BK_2020 » Mon May 6, 2024 3:45 pm

Hello hello Stan34, how are you. I'm very good myself. Looks like you are waiting for me to provide you with something you promised I would do for you. Well, I'm sorry to break the promise I never made but since you made that promise to yourself, I don't feel very bad about it. Keep waiting though.
Stan34
Senior
And1: 461

Post#135 » by Stan34 » Mon May 6, 2024 3:58 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Hello hello Stan34, how are you. I'm very good myself. Looks like you are waiting for me to provide you with something you promised I would do for you. Well, I'm sorry to break the promise I never made but since you made that promise to yourself, I don't feel very bad about it. Keep waiting though.
If it was STREET FIGHTER you could have read YOU LOSE

lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,844

Post#136 » by lon3lytoaster » Mon May 6, 2024 4:02 pm

Celtic Esquire wrote:
lon3lytoaster wrote:
Vee-Rex wrote:

Indeed. Don't forget the vaunted 2008 Celtics had every Eastern Conference series go 7 games. :o

I’m not the biggest Mazzulla fan, especially with in game and real time adjustments but he’s a solid tier or two above Rivers already. My lord, what a waste that guy was. Most overrated coach in league history, all thanks to Paul and KG.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,227

Post#137 » by 31to6 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:07 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
165bows wrote:
Vee-Rex wrote:

That is accurate.

Cavs don't have an Al Horford backing up Allen.

no, but they do have .....

TRISTAN THOMPSON AND HIS CHAMPIONSHIP DNA!! GET READY FOR HIM TO INSTILL IT IN YOU :rocking: :pityfool: :beer:
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,673

Post#138 » by bisme37 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:11 pm

Read on Twitter
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,541

Post#139 » by BK_2020 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:11 pm

Stan34 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Hello hello Stan34, how are you. I'm very good myself. Looks like you are waiting for me to provide you with something you promised I would do for you. Well, I'm sorry to break the promise I never made but since you made that promise to yourself, I don't feel very bad about it. Keep waiting though.

If it's Street Fighter I just spam quarter circle down and back + punch and win.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,529

Post#140 » by Parliament10 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:12 pm

Stan34 wrote:

Let's stick to the Playoffs, and not on Personal Tangents

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to Boston Celtics