ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (and other Sports), 2023-24, Part 3

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,680

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports), 2023-24, Part 3 

Post#2041 » by Triple7 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:48 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:The Heat were scrappy but also incredibly smart and have been for a number of years. Thibs isn’t the coach that Spo is.

Brunson has never given us major problems and to say the Knicks have better players simply isn’t true. Give me Bam over anyone on the Knicks outside of Brunson and their bench right now is non-existent.

Knicks are a nice story and all but remind me very much of that Celtics team we had with IT which was eventually going to come up against a ridiculous talent gulf.

They are also going to be far more fatigued due to all the heavy minutes they are playing.

I give you bam, after that? Who else was on that squad? Bunch of overachievers brcause of Spo’s system. I’ll take
Divincenzo, hart, OG and hartenstein over strus, duncan robinson, gabe vincent and caleb martin. We have a better squad this year. This squad would easily beat the heat of last year. Also, i agree thibs would run his squad to the ground before this series ends. Hoping the pacers can take them to a least 6.

OG is better than those Heat guys yes but the other guys are all fairly similar to me. Role players doing well within systems.

I just don’t think the Knicks are as good the Heat were. The Butler Heat have sent the Bucks packing twice (albeit they did get lucky with Giannis missing games).

The Heat’s system has been on another level.

Butler has given us fits in games. Bam has given us problems at times. These two know how to maximise the role players around them.

Plus last season was a different Celtics team. They had a major flaw which got exposed. I don’t think we have nearly the same difficulty dispatching last seasons Heat with this one because we are far more loaded and have different ways to score.

There is a huge gulf between our talent and the Knicks right now. Far bigger than anything last season. They also are completely devoid of a bench.

I’m just very confident in my assertion that Spo is an excellent coach who had completely dialled in on how to make Tatum and Brown play down a level because he knew we lacked a big presence. Not the same anymore and I don’t see Thibs having answers for our threats.

They lack talent. All they have was Butler’s mentality, Bam and Spo. We have a better team this year. We should beat the knicks handily. We just can’t let the game be close in the 4th. Especially with the way JT is playing and missing shots, and with the way Brunson is making shots.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,575

Post#2042 » by GrandTheftRondo » Thu May 9, 2024 4:53 am

Triple7 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
I give you bam, after that? Who else was on that squad? Bunch of overachievers brcause of Spo’s system. I’ll take
Divincenzo, hart, OG and hartenstein over strus, duncan robinson, gabe vincent and caleb martin. We have a better squad this year. This squad would easily beat the heat of last year. Also, i agree thibs would run his squad to the ground before this series ends. Hoping the pacers can take them to a least 6.

OG is better than those Heat guys yes but the other guys are all fairly similar to me. Role players doing well within systems.

I just don’t think the Knicks are as good the Heat were. The Butler Heat have sent the Bucks packing twice (albeit they did get lucky with Giannis missing games).

Butler has given us fits in games. Bam has given us problems at times. These two know how to maximise the role players around them.

Plus last season was a different Celtics team. They had a major flaw which got exposed. I don’t think we have nearly the same difficulty dispatching last seasons Heat with this one because we are far more loaded and have different ways to score.

There is a huge gulf between our talent and the Knicks right now. Far bigger than anything last season. They also are completely devoid of a bench.

I’m just very confident in my assertion that Spo is an excellent coach who had completely dialled in on how to make Tatum and Brown play down a level because he knew we lacked a big presence. Not the same anymore and I don’t see Thibs having answers for our threats.

They lack talent. All they have was Butler’s mentality, Bam and Spo. We have a better team this year. We should beat the knicks handily. We just can’t let the game be close in the 4th. Especially with the way JT is playing and missing shots, and with the way Brunson is making shots.

Both teams lack talent but as I said I just think Butler caused much more headaches for us than Brunson given his size.

We’ve got the defensive backcourt to give a tired Brunson fits in a series.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#2043 » by Triple7 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:16 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:OG is better than those Heat guys yes but the other guys are all fairly similar to me. Role players doing well within systems.

Both teams lack talent but as I said I just think Butler caused much more headaches for us than Butler given his size.

We’ve got the defensive backcourt to give a tired Brunson fits in a series.

I agree. Jrue and white, also brown, will take turns on brunson. Hali is just awful on D
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,592

Post#2044 » by Fierce1 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:26 am

If the Cs won't be facing the Nuggets, I don't think the Cs will lose anymore this season.

Against the Cavs, Celtics in 4.

Versus the Knicks, Celtics in 4.

And if it's Minnesota, Celtics in 4.

Why?

The Knicks are too banged up.
It's a different story if the Knicks had Randle and Robinson.

I know everybody here fears Ant Man, but here's the thing, this will be Ant's first time in the finals.
Finals pressure is real.

The Minnesota defense is excellent.
But the Celtics have at least 4 players who can score 20 or more on a regular basis.

If the Celts don't win a chip this year, it's not because of their opponent, it's because they once again shot themselves in the foot.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#2045 » by Triple7 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:25 am

Fierce1 wrote:If the Cs won't be facing the Nuggets, I don't think the Cs will lose anymore this season.

Why?

I know everybody here fears Ant Man, but here's the thing, this will be Ant's first time in the finals.
Finals pressure is real.

But the Celtics have at least 4 players who can score 20 or more on a regular basis.

If the Celts don't win a chip this year, it's not because of their opponent, it's because they once again shot themselves in the foot.

I agree with the celtics shooting themselves on the foot thing. That have been the way with the Jays every playoffs since the bubble. I disagree with the finals pressure though. While that may be true, that doesn’t apply always. If we beat them, its because we played great, and like you said, didn’t shoot ourselves in the foot. Winning in the finals is hard. Our guys, especially Tatum needs to play great. They have to want it more than the wolves. If that’s their mentality, then choking won’t be a problem.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,592

Post#2046 » by Fierce1 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:37 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:If the Cs won't be facing the Nuggets, I don't think the Cs will lose anymore this season.

Why?

Finals pressure is real.

I agree with the celtics shooting themselves on the foot thing. That have been the way with the Jays every playoffs since the bubble. I disagree with the finals pressure though. While that may be true, that doesn’t apply always. If we beat them, its because we played great, and like you said, didn’t shoot ourselves in the foot. Winning in the finals is hard. Our guys, especially Tatum needs to play great. They have to want it more than the wolves. If that’s their mentality, then choking won’t be a problem.

So what's your prediction if Cs meet Wolves in finals?
Triple7
RealGM

Post#2047 » by Triple7 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:43 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Why?

Finals pressure is real.

So what's your prediction if Cs meet Wolves in finals?

C’s in 6. We beat them in their home floor. We shoot lights out.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,246

Post#2048 » by London2Boston » Thu May 9, 2024 11:57 am

Too many prisoners in the moment. “Killer” Brunson still hasn’t done anything close to what Tatum done in do or die moments vs Elite Eastern teams in Milwaukee,Philly and Miami.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,005

Post#2049 » by sam_I_am » Thu May 9, 2024 12:12 pm

The Wolves have had the toughest draws in the playoffs with the Suns and Nuggets and to get to Celtics will have to go through OKC as well. They have dominated in every game more than any other team. Much has been said about their defense but they have the highest rated offense in the playoffs. They are peaking at the right time.

On paper, the Celtics look like the favorites but the top 3 teams out west - OKC, Denver and skinny - will all be tough matches.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#2050 » by BK_2020 » Thu May 9, 2024 12:15 pm

London2Boston wrote:Too many prisoners in the moment. “Killer” Brunson still hasn’t done anything close to what Tatum done in do or die moments vs Elite Eastern teams in Milwaukee,Philly and Miami.

Pritchard could score 20 a game with Brunson's whistle.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 92,051

Post#2051 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu May 9, 2024 12:38 pm

Read on Twitter
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,921

Post#2052 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Thu May 9, 2024 12:41 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lee better have specified he’s finishing out the year here first!
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#2053 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu May 9, 2024 12:44 pm

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,921

Post#2054 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Thu May 9, 2024 12:44 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Phew!

Excellent news thanks for sharing.

Also, congrats to Charles!
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#2055 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu May 9, 2024 1:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Hate seeing more injuries. Wish OG the best. But not gonna complain either if Cs path to the Finals keeps getting easier.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#2056 » by BK_2020 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:34 pm

Brunson is also banged up so we might actually get Halibust and Myles Turner in the conference finals.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,824

Post#2057 » by Celts17Pride » Thu May 9, 2024 1:41 pm

Both New York and Indy games came down to the wire. I don't think NY is going to get the same whistles in Indiana. Wouldn't be surprised if this goes back to New York 2-2.
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,887

Post#2058 » by 24istheLAW » Thu May 9, 2024 2:47 pm

Charles Barkley is truly one of us

Read on Twitter
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,914

Post#2059 » by lon3lytoaster » Thu May 9, 2024 2:55 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Both New York and Indy games came down to the wire. I don't think NY is going to get the same whistles in Indiana. Wouldn't be surprised if this goes back to New York 2-2.

Good on Carlisle for calling out the officiating. I honestly can’t say I watched G2 of their series but G1; on top of just general incompetence and guess work really favored NY down the stretch.

Then you flip over to the blood bath that was Minnesota/Denver and it just makes no sense. The NBA is always a questionable product due to how much more the refs can influence the game with impunity, compared to other leagues.

Unfortunately for Indiana, the refs union will likely see that they’re punished for being upset and nothing will change.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,824

Post#2060 » by Celts17Pride » Thu May 9, 2024 3:38 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics