ImageImageImage

Celts Still Caven't Found What They're Looking For! Game 2 Loss vs CLE 5/9 (Tied 1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,685

Re: Celts Still Caven't Found What They're Looking For! Game 2 Loss vs CLE 5/9 (Tied 1-1) 

Post#321 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:13 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
As opposed to continuing to reinforce the narrative that this team has been awful in the playoff over the last several years at home? I get laying an egg, but when a team loses just 4 games at home all year and now has already lost 2 it is an issue.

Still unbeaten on the road in the playoffs.

This team lays an egg from time to time.

We've seen it in the regular season.

Yeah unbeaten against a freaking 8th seed that was barely above 500 at home. At some point continually handing over, or back, HCA to the opposing team is going to cost this team a series. We saw it in 2022 against the warriors and last year against the heat.

Last year Cs took back HCA when they won in Miami twice.

It was just unfortunate JT got hurt in Game 7.
Fierce1
RealGM

Re: Celts Still Caven't Found What They're Looking For! Game 2 Loss vs CLE 5/9 (Tied 1-1) 

Post#322 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:16 pm

Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:I just expect to see more intensity. This group hasn't won anything yet. Losses are bound to happen.

Intensity?

That's who Jayson Tatum is.

He's not gonna change.

Killing me softly, that's his favorite song.

You referred to him saying Boston was expected to win every game. I was referring to the teams intensity. I expect THEM to have more of it than that what we saw last night.

The players on the Celtics team this season are not the intensity type.

They're all good guys.

Their motto is don't get too high, don't get too low.
ThePigeon
Veteran
And1: 1,389

Post#323 » by ThePigeon » Fri May 10, 2024 3:17 pm

fallguy wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Let's be very honest. Most fans (most as in 99.9999%) can't recognize an in-game adjustment if it dropped on their heads. At best people notice which players are on the floor or when a time-out is called.

This is such a true statement.

I disagree
There are a lot of experienced fans that watched BBall for years and can recognize when a team plays different
Heck, I watch BBall for more than 40 years and can be a better XOs coach than Joe right now. Many other fans on this board are knowledgeable.
I am not talking about the kids and teens that come to take a selfie or people who are casual fans that came to drink beer and have a nice evening
We are talking RealGM here
Bird84
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,167

Post#324 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:18 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Intensity?

That's who Jayson Tatum is.

He's not gonna change.

Killing me softly, that's his favorite song.

You referred to him saying Boston was expected to win every game. I was referring to the teams intensity. I expect THEM to have more of it than that what we saw last night.

They're all good guys.

I think they can bring a lot more than last night. If not we very well could be going home this round.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#325 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:20 pm

Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:You referred to him saying Boston was expected to win every game. I was referring to the teams intensity. I expect THEM to have more of it than that what we saw last night.

They're all good guys.

I think they can bring a lot more than last night. If not we very well could be going home this round.

True.

That's why I think talking about the Cs in the finals is premature.
Bird84
Bench Warmer

Post#326 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:27 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:The players on the Celtics team this season are not the intensity type.

They're all good guys.

True.

I don't think I ever penciled them in. There probably won't be an easier season to get there and they definitely have the talent.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,777

Post#327 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri May 10, 2024 3:29 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Still unbeaten on the road in the playoffs.

This team lays an egg from time to time.

We've seen it in the regular season.

Yeah unbeaten against a freaking 8th seed that was barely above 500 at home. At some point continually handing over, or back, HCA to the opposing team is going to cost this team a series. We saw it in 2022 against the warriors and last year against the heat.

This team should have never lost games 1,2 and 5 at home to begin with then there would have been no game 7.

If you think having a 500 record at home is going to lead to a championship I am not sure what else I can tell you.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#328 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:32 pm

Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:I think they can bring a lot more than last night. If not we very well could be going home this round.

True.

I don't think I ever penciled them in. There probably won't be an easier season to get there and they definitely have the talent.

That's a double edge sword.

Winning a chip because of an easy path to the finals could put an asterisk to Banner 18 because all the great players in the east were injured.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,709

Post#329 » by Fantaxp7 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:33 pm

I guess we should be thankful we aren't Denver going down 0-2 and having to wait 4 full days between games that would drive me insane.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#330 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 pm

Fantaxp7 wrote:I guess we should be thankful we aren't Denver going down 0-2 and having to wait 4 full days between games that would drive me insane.

Denver is done.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#331 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

This team should have never lost games 1,2 and 5 at home to begin with then there would have been no game 7.

If you think having a 500 record at home is going to lead to a championship I am not sure what else I can tell you.

I agree with you.

That's why I think next year will be the year.

The Cs can win the chip this year, no doubt about that, but they have flaws right now.

Their chances would be higher next year.
Bird84
Bench Warmer

Post#332 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:True.

That's a double edge sword.

Winning a chip because of an easy path to the finals could put an asterisk to Banner 18 because all the great players in the east were injured.

If they actually won the finals there should be no asterisk. Those teams are young and hungry. The only asterisk championship to me is the bubble. Might have to do with the Lakers winning.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#333 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:36 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Fantaxp7 wrote:I guess we should be thankful we aren't Denver going down 0-2 and having to wait 4 full days between games that would drive me insane.

Denver is done.

Not so fast!

Denver will be back in the fight if they win Game 3.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,210

Post#334 » by PierceFan4ever » Fri May 10, 2024 3:42 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

I said all year this was my biggest concern is about the Celtics playing at home come playoff time. They had us fooled with their 37-4 home record during the regular season only to look like the same team at home the prior 2 years. There’s no home court advantage for this team where they should easily be up 2-0 to start series and put massive pressure on the opposing team. They always give a game away early and get themselves in situations where they must win big road playoff games which is hard af to do. This team doesn’t have what it takes imo, they win 1 game relax a bit and by the next game you see a completely different team with way less energy, way less aggression. You would think this is a core with a few rings and are old to be able to do this and get away yet it’s a group of ringless players who get massive heat from the media due to their garbage performances and it seems like that still can’t push them to be consistently great
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,709

Post#335 » by Fantaxp7 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:46 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

Denver is done.

Game 3 is going to be wild. I think they are done but we'll see.

I think I'd rather play Minny anyways no matter how hot Ant is playing right now. I feel better about Brown/White/Jrue and Tatum attempting to slow down Ant vs a hopefully healthy KP/Horford and Kornet on Jokic....

Then again they do need to get through OKC.
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 948

Post#336 » by JR Hawks » Fri May 10, 2024 3:50 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Last year Cs took back HCA when they won in Miami twice.

I agree with you.

The Cs can win the chip this year, no doubt about that, but they have flaws right now.

Joe Mazzulla won't be here next year unless the Celtics at least make the Finals this year.

People seem to be forgetting that Wyc indicated they considered a coaching change after last year. Adding KP and Jrue (big money) and making it no further than last year? Joe will be gone.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#337 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri May 10, 2024 3:50 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Last year Cs took back HCA when they won in Miami twice.

I said all year this was my biggest concern is about the Celtics playing at home come playoff time. They had us fooled with their 37-4 home record during the regular season only to look like the same team at home the prior 2 years. There’s no home court advantage for this team where they should easily be up 2-0 to start series and put massive pressure on the opposing team. They always give a game away early and get themselves in situations where they must win big road playoff games which is hard af to do. This team doesn’t have what it takes imo, they win 1 game relax a bit and by the next game you see a completely different team with way less energy, way less aggression. You would think this is a core with a few rings and are old to be able to do this and get away yet it’s a group of ringless players who get massive heat from the media due to their garbage performances and it seems like that still can’t push them to be consistently great

That is my concern as well. JB and JT are the players leading this team. With their massive struggles at home in the playoffs over the last several seasons at some point it is more than fair to ask if these two guys will ever lead this team to a title.

It is simply inexplicable this team continues to be horrendous at home in the playoffs.
Bird84
Bench Warmer

Post#338 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:51 pm

Fantaxp7 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

Denver is done.

Game 3 is going to be wild. I think they are done but we'll see.

I think I'd rather play Minny anyways no matter how hot Ant is playing right now. I feel better about Brown/White/Jrue and Tatum attempting to slow down Ant vs a hopefully healthy KP/Horford and Kornet on Jokic....

Then again they do need to get through OKC.

OKC isn't a guarantee imo. If Luka gets hot they could easily lose that series.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#339 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:56 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

I agree with you.

Joe Mazzulla won't be here next year unless the Celtics at least make the Finals this year.

People seem to be forgetting that Wyc indicated they considered a coaching change after last year. Adding KP and Jrue (big money) and making it no further than last year? Joe will be gone.

Yeah, might as well replace him with Atkinson.

Rowan Atkinson.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,488

Post#340 » by fallguy » Fri May 10, 2024 3:56 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

I agree with you.

I think this is true too. Wyc has never been in love with Joe.

Return to Boston Celtics