ImageImageImage

Celts Make Cavaliers Look Like Mouseketeers! Game 1 Victory Cigar vs CLE 5/7 (BOS leads 1-0)

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
2%
Brown
48%
White
40%
Jrue
No votes
Horford
No votes
Kornet
5%
Pritchard
2%
Hauser
No votes
Tillman
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
3%

Total votes: 132

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,368

Re: Celts Make Cavaliers Look Like Mouseketeers! Game 1 Victory Cigar vs CLE 5/7 (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#181 » by Celts17Pride » Wed May 8, 2024 2:43 pm

fallguy wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:Yeah, Tatum looked sluggish. On defense and in rebounding, that may have been deceiving, as he sort of ambled into great position to make plays. But if he was providing much gravity on offense, my sensors didn't pick it up.

Of course, even in a weak Tatum game he makes a bunch of good offensive plays.

Cavs didn't guard Tatum the same way the Heat did. So he wasn't drawing multiple guys the same way. If they keep that up, he should have plenty of chances to ring up big numbers in this series.

Tatum is going to destroy them if they continue to do that. I personally was very impressed with Tatum's passing in Game 1. He kept the ball moving and a great deal of the time was always making the right play. Tatum's passing, rebounding and defense was top notch and in a bad shooting night he still chipped in 18 points while taking his normal shots. Don't know what people want from Tatum in a 25 point win. :lol:
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,674

Re: Celts Make Cavaliers Look Like Mouseketeers! Game 1 Victory Cigar vs CLE 5/7 (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#182 » by fallguy » Wed May 8, 2024 2:55 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
fallguy wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:Yeah, Tatum looked sluggish. On defense and in rebounding, that may have been deceiving, as he sort of ambled into great position to make plays. But if he was providing much gravity on offense, my sensors didn't pick it up.

Of course, even in a weak Tatum game he makes a bunch of good offensive plays.

Cavs didn't guard Tatum the same way the Heat did. So he wasn't drawing multiple guys the same way. If they keep that up, he should have plenty of chances to ring up big numbers in this series.

Tatum is going to destroy them if they continue to do that. I personally was very impressed with Tatum's passing in Game 1. He kept the ball moving and a great deal of the time was always making the right play. Tatum's passing, rebounding and defense was top notch and in a bad shooting night he still chipped in 18 points while taking his normal shots. Don't know what people want from Tatum in a 25 point win. :lol:

Tatum could take the series off and we'd still win handily.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#183 » by Fierce1 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:06 pm

Tatum can be the 1987 Magic Johnson of this Celtics team.

JB can be James Worthy.

White is Byron Scott.

KP will be Kareem.

Jrue as Michael Cooper.

And Horford as Mychal Thompson.

JT does not have to be Larry Bird in this year's playoffs.

The team ball approach is working and the Cs should stick to it.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 19,238

Post#184 » by playa-hater » Wed May 8, 2024 3:38 pm

I am having trouble reading my screen by poolside with the glare.So if somebody already said this am sorry.. But it seems like Cleveland not having Allen.Makes a bigger impact than us not having k.P. Is

Boston is just scoring way too easy anywhere on the court. My original prediction was boston in five but now I am thinking sweep

Even without k p blossom has too many scoring weapons more than cleveland.. Allen would have made it an ugly defensive game a bit more. But without him is just hard to imagine cleveland maintaining a hot streak throughout an entire game..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,296

Post#185 » by bisme37 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:32 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
Red2 wrote:We’re winning games without Tatum. At some point we’re going need more from him offensively

I agree with the second part but they aren't winning "without" Tatum, he played some fantastic defense and rebounded well.

As long as teams keep guarding JT like this he's doing his job on offense just by existing. Everyone else is free to fire and we're winning games. I'm just happy JT is happy with not being the leading scorer so far.

KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#186 » by KillahGhostface » Wed May 8, 2024 4:32 pm

Read on Twitter

I’m not going to stress about him missing shots he usually makes. At least not yet lol, but I’d be shocked if correction doesn’t begin soon.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,314

Post#187 » by London2Boston » Wed May 8, 2024 4:39 pm

;si=RaBSl5XpEf2rrJvS

Certainly didn’t feel we were defending that well in the first half during the emotions of the game.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,674

Post#188 » by fallguy » Wed May 8, 2024 5:04 pm

London2Boston wrote:;si=RaBSl5XpEf2rrJvS

Certainly didn’t feel we were defending that well in the first half during the emotions of the game.

Neither DW nor JB was impressed with the C's defense last night. It's a great sign how focused they are on cleaning up those open threes and missed rotations. Totally opposite to last year where defense seemed to be an afterthought.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,632

Post#189 » by Tyakack » Wed May 8, 2024 5:18 pm

I think the cavs get a game but we are good enough to make sure they don't. In case you guys wanna do that. Fine by me. We don't get many sweeps around these parks.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,335

Post#190 » by Hal14 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:28 pm

Sweeps beyond the 1st round of the playoffs are very rare. I'm assuming Cleveland will win at least 1 game in this series - probably 1 of the games in Cleveland..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,719

Post#191 » by reload141 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:40 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:To me, Garland and Mobley were the keys for Cleveland in this series, and Strus to an extent...Mitchell is on an absolute tear, he's scoring the ball really well. But if it's just him, and Garland/Strus provide nothing offensively and Mobley is ineffective, then it's basically 1v5 against them. And that should be an easy series for us.

It'll be interesting in game 2, I bet they try to get Garland going. Like BK said, he's a huge defensive liability against us, so he has to score to be playable (same w/Strus).

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Jarrett Allen in Game 2 as well

Allen can’t lift his arms and is having trouble sleeping at the moment because of his ribs… highly doubt he plays mate ;)
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,771

Post#192 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:56 pm

London2Boston wrote:;si=RaBSl5XpEf2rrJvS

Beautiful. Great play by all. Hauser was really solid. Horford just amazing. Shows how spot on Holiday is with positioning and filling the gaps.
Sign here
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,368

Post#193 » by Celts17Pride » Wed May 8, 2024 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Bleedsgreen
Pro Prospect
And1: 362

Re: Celts Make Cavailers Look Like Mouseketeers! Game 1 Victory Cigar vs CLE 5/7 (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#194 » by Bleedsgreen » Wed May 8, 2024 11:41 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
31to6 wrote:
BuT tHe PiCK sWaP

Ironically the team that traded him is probably the one team that could use him more than anyone..

Wemby & Buffalo would be an awesome duo

Except the Buffalo would have made them too good to get Wemby.
"Kyrie will 100% win this standoff btw." A Comedian
Bleedsgreen
Pro Prospect
And1: 362

Post#195 » by Bleedsgreen » Thu May 9, 2024 12:38 am

Celts17Pride wrote:
fallguy wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Yet a good portion of this board wanted to trade Jaylen Brown for Darius Garland. Good thing Brad Stevens doesn't listen to anyone in this forum.

Did we actually have that conversation? I don't remember people talking about it. But maybe we did?

Oh it was mentioned more than a few times, but then again Jaylen Brown has been traded for 63% of the players in the NBA in this forum so it's hard to keep track.

Here is example and list of other potential disastrous trades for Brown. From the IST lost against Pacers thread.
zoyathedestroya wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:It’s really sad to think but Haliburton is literally the perfect player to pair with Tatum. Well, Jokic too but he was never on the market lol

zoya and djfan71 were mocked here for their Jaylen for Hali/Barnes/picks trade ideas. Others were mocked for wanting to trade him for the pick that turned out to be Luka, and also for Garland/the pick that was Mobley.

Of course, some of those (me) people are freezing in hell because Jaylen proved us wrong and made all nba.

Tbf, I also hesitantly wanted to trade him for Harden. That could’ve ended up a disaster for us. I can’t recall if I was in the pro-Kawhi-for-a-season camp. Bane/JJ, KD, Dame, the list of fake trades Brad never pulled goes on.

I will continue to die for Genius Brad’s vision even if it involves Jaylen lol.
"Kyrie will 100% win this standoff btw." A Comedian
SLCceltic
Analyst
And1: 1,831

Post#196 » by SLCceltic » Thu May 9, 2024 3:15 pm

Brown was HuGE early and hit some big shots throughout, Jrue hit a couple of BIG 3s..

I voted White because he was the best player overall for the entirety of the game.

LoVED Tatum's energy and toughness, he was ice cold from deep but made a few clutch shots and made made some key plays on D.

Great Game 1 tone-setter !

Kornet deserves a SHOUT
ROYALGREEN
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,994

Post#197 » by lon3lytoaster » Thu May 9, 2024 4:52 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
Red2 wrote:We’re winning games without Tatum. At some point we’re going need more from him offensively

I agree with the second part but they aren't winning "without" Tatum, he played some fantastic defense and rebounded well.

As long as teams keep guarding JT like this he's doing his job on offense just by existing. Everyone else is free to fire and we're winning games. I'm just happy JT is happy with not being the leading scorer so far.

Jeez. I know Allen plays a big role for them, but Cleveland was a solid defensive team all year. That’s BAD. They’re basically guarding Tatum with 5 guys here because no one will be able to rotate, switch or otherwise recover. I’m all for him shooting 40% if teams are constantly guarding him with their role roster at once.
ThePigeon
Veteran
And1: 1,403

Post#198 » by ThePigeon » Thu May 9, 2024 8:18 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Tatum can be the 1987 Magic Johnson of this Celtics team.

JB can be James Worthy.

White is Byron Scott.

KP will be Kareem.

Jrue as Michael Cooper.

And Horford as Mychal Thompson.

JT does not have to be Larry Bird in this year's playoffs.

The team ball approach is working and the Cs should stick to it.

Blasphemy!
Comparing Celtics players to Lakers players is unacceptable :)

Return to Boston Celtics