D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Re: 2023 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#321 » by D21 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:15 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
D21 wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:
Well Parker is not a good comparison to Trae. Parker had the greatest PF of all time for most of his career. If you put Giannis on the Hawks right now with Trae, I think Hawks will be just fine getting to the Finals.

I was not exactly comparing the talents, but more the attitude.
And I'm not sure that just putting Giannis with Trae would work with anybody else on the roster... better or not on offense, and on defense, I don't see Holiday playing for stats or records

Trae has already show he can make smart decisions on the court, he just need to avoid some bad decision, and avoid thinking about 30pts/10ast games

I watched the Heat Bucks series and the Bucks were just playing dumb basketball at the end of games. For some reason Holiday and Middleton were not closing out games and still giving the ball to GA to make a play, and then the Heat would just foul GA and he would miss free throws. Bucks just lost because they didn't have a closer like Trae.

GA and Trae could do a Shaq and Kobe thing where Shaq gets touches early in the game, but then Kobe closes the game.

I agree, but MIL was also NBA champion with Holiday and Middleton making big plays, so this year, it was more the worst version of MIL that we could see (and certainly not coached as before with Bud's family problem)
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,617

Post#322 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Jul 8, 2023 12:49 pm

I know SL doesn't mean anything, but Colin Castleton has looked pretty nice so far...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,629

Post#323 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:03 pm

I REALLY liked this young man in last year's draft class. We traded up and took Mo Gueye instead. :dontknow:

But Tristan has the makings of a really special player if developed properly.

Read on Twitter

;pp=ygURdHJpc3RhbiB2dWtjZXZpYyA%3D

;pp=ygURdHJpc3RhbiB2dWtjZXZpYyA%3D

Return to Atlanta Hawks