ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,011

Re: Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#421 » by jayu70 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 11:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Thoughts on making a move for Kuminga and or Moody?

Is Kuminga more a SF or PF?
I'm assuming GSW would need win now pieces.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,693

Post#422 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 6, 2024 12:10 am

jayu70 wrote:Is Kuminga more a SF or PF?

I'm assuming GSW would need win now pieces.

:dontknow:

Hell, is Jalen more of a SF or PF?

I'd think they would have interest in Capela, Bogdan or Hunter as win now contributors.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,390

Post#423 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:04 am

What's the deal with Okongwu?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,568

Post#424 » by dms269 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:23 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:What's the deal with Okongwu?
What does this mean?
He is stuck behind Capela.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,390

Post#425 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:39 am

dms269 wrote:
What does this mean?

Is he available? What would it take to move him? In his fourth season now after being drafted #6 and still hasn't really cracked your guys starting rotation/lineups at all. Is there like a fit problem, is he just a worse player than Capela? Stats from his second year to now don't really see much change at all, has his progression just stalled or is/was his potential just limited? Every time I watch the Hawks I seemingly come away impressed with him but I can never get a grasp on what's going on with him.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#426 » by dms269 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:10 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
dms269 wrote:
What does this mean?

Is he available? What would it take to move him? In his fourth season now after being drafted #6 and still hasn't really cracked your guys starting rotation/lineups at all. Is there like a fit problem, is he just a worse player than Capela? Stats from his second year to now don't really see much change at all, has his progression just stalled or is/was his potential just limited? Every time I watch the Hawks I seemingly come away impressed with him but I can never get a grasp on what's going on with him.
Apparently everyone except Trae and JJ are available, but I feel Okongwu will stay. He signed an extension so he is cost controlled. If you start him over Capela you kill all trade value the later has.

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,443

Post#427 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Jan 7, 2024 1:06 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
dms269 wrote:
What does this mean?

I'd say he's below JJ on the tier availability list. Meaning it would be a higher price than most GMs would want to give up. He's still on his rook contract and starting him over Capela would nuke his value being a 20+m back up C. Hawks will be dealing with a Drummond like value scenario if they wait too long trading him.
geeman
Senior
And1: 3

Post#428 » by geeman » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:48 am

ming Players
De'Andre Hunter
26 year old, 6-8, 221 lb PF from Virginia
14.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.4 apg in 30.3 minutes in 2023-2024
Outgoing Players
Marvin Bagley III
24 year old, 6-10, 235 lb PF from Duke
10.2 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 18.6 minutes in 2023-2024
Jaden Ivey
21 year old, 6-4, 195 lb G from Purdue
12.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.1 apg in 25.4 minutes in 2023-2024

Hey I just to move De'Andre Hunter and if we move DJ I think he'd be a good replacement
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,633

Post#429 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 9, 2024 7:53 pm

dms269 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
dms269 wrote:What does this mean?

Apparently everyone except Trae and JJ are available, but I feel Okongwu will stay. He signed an extension so he is cost controlled. If you start him over Capela you kill all trade value the later has.

Hey man. I'm surprised by the 14-21 record given what I consider to be the good talent on your team. I checked out the Hawks' offensive stats and rebounding; they all seem to be pretty good. I haven't watched many Hawks games this season. Is it the defense? Team chemistry?
Free Palestine
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#430 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 9, 2024 11:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Hey man. I'm surprised by the 14-21 record given what I consider to be the good talent on your team. I checked out the Hawks' offensive stats and rebounding; they all seem to be pretty good. I haven't watched many Hawks games this season. Is it the defense? Team chemistry?

That's the million dollar question...which we're trying to figure out ourselves.

Think of it this way. 2024 Hawks have one of the ten highest Offensive Ratings in NBA History...and are 7 games below .500.

It's almost unfathomable to be this successful on offense and still be a losing team.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,633

Post#431 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 9, 2024 11:44 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Hey man. I'm surprised by the 14-21 record given what I consider to be the good talent on your team. I checked out the Hawks' offensive stats and rebounding; they all seem to be pretty good. I haven't watched many Hawks games this season. Is it the defense? Team chemistry?

That's the million dollar question...which we're trying to figure out ourselves.

Think of it this way. 2024 Hawks have one of the ten highest Offensive Ratings in NBA History...and are 7 games below .500.

It's almost unfathomable to be this successful on offense and still be a losing team.

That’s weird because this roster seems to me to be more talented than the ‘21 roster that knocked us out of the playoffs.

One of the things we’re debating on the Knicks forum right now is the level of Dejounte’s defense. Apparently, the metrics don’t show him having much of a positive impact on that end of the court.

Finally, if you’re looking to “retool”, to what extent are you looking for established players as opposed to draft picks in return for a Murray (and Capela) trade?
Free Palestine
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#432 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:13 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:That’s weird because this roster seems to me to be more talented than the ‘21 roster that knocked us out of the playoffs.

One of the things we’re debating on the Knicks forum right now is the level of Dejounte’s defense. Apparently, the metrics don’t show him having much of a positive impact on that end of the court.

Finally, if you’re looking to “retool”, to what extent are you looking for established players as opposed to draft picks in return for a Murray (and Capela) trade?

Dejouunte was IIRC, the youngest player to ever be named to an All Defensive Team.

He can defend...he just hasn't here. No one has.

Hawks don't have control of their own draft picks in 2025, 2026 or 2027. So, we need to recover for a solid regular season as soon as next season.

We'll be looking to do exactly what Dallas did last year.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,443

Post#433 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:27 am

Man we don't have to sell DJ to no Knicks. The Hawks have essentially made him the Bachelor, it's the suitors that have to sell themselves vs other teams.
epfou1
Sophomore
And1: 194

Post#434 » by epfou1 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:26 am

In the spirit of SA interested in re-acquiring DJM.

To ATL: 2015 ATL 1st, 2016 ATL Pick Swap, 2017 ATL 1st, Vassell, Graham, McDermott, Osman
To SA: Murray, Hunter, Mills, Mathews

My thoughts are that I want all of Atlanta’s SA controlled picks back. I’m not sure this team is any good with Trae as our leader. I think there is a real risk he may request to leave, therefore in the interim, I want our picks back so we have an option to go for the full blown rebuild and be in control our picks.
Secondly, I would like to expand the deal to get Devin Vassell as Murray’s replacement. I think he is a better fit next to Trae and he is still quite young too at 23 years old. And being an Atlanta native could be a bonus. He could relish playing in front of home crowds.
To facilitate the deal I would send Hunter to Spurs. He is too injury prone and inconsistent for my liking and I don’t think he is worth his contract. The other players in the deal are to make the salary work. We can test drive Osman / McDermott as SF to see if they may have future in Atlanta. If they don’t work out they are expiring and we can go the market. Mills for Graham swap makes sense to me. Both players aren’t be used by there respective teams. Mills is much loved in SA. Graham can backup Trae until Bufkin is ready.

SF: Bey / Osman / Griffin
PF: Johnson / McDermott / Gueye
C: Capela / Okongwu/ Fernando
PG: Young / Graham / Bufkin
SG: Vassell / Bogdanovic / Matthews
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#435 » by dms269 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:21 pm

epfou1 wrote:In the spirit of SA interested in re-acquiring DJM.

To ATL: 2015 ATL 1st, 2016 ATL Pick Swap, 2017 ATL 1st, Vassell, Graham, McDermott, Osman

My thoughts are that I want all of Atlanta’s SA controlled picks back. I’m not sure this team is any good with Trae as our leader. I think there is a real risk he may request to leave, therefore in the interim, I want our picks back so we have an option to go for the full blown rebuild and be in control our picks.
Secondly, I would like to expand the deal to get Devin Vassell as Murray’s replacement. I think he is a better fit next to Trae and he is still quite young too at 23 years old. And being an Atlanta native could be a bonus. He could relish playing in front of home crowds.
To facilitate the deal I would send Hunter to Spurs. He is too injury prone and inconsistent for my liking and I don’t think he is worth his contract. The other players in the deal are to make the salary work. We can test drive Osman / McDermott as SF to see if they may have future in Atlanta. If they don’t work out they are expiring and we can go the market. Mills for Graham swap makes sense to me. Both players aren’t be used by there respective teams. Mills is much loved in SA. Graham can backup Trae until Bufkin is ready.

In all honesty, I think just getting the picks back would be a win. However I fully expect Atlanta to seek to acquire players and hope to not be this bad during those pick years.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,203

Post#436 » by HMFFL » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:36 pm

If Landry Fields is set on moving DJ, he could provide Houston with some stability, and leadership. They're one game above .500 and they'll look to make a run to the postseason.

Is Jalen Green available? Jalen's shooting is suspect, he's young, he's a challenge, but he's value for DJ.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#437 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:30 pm

HMFFL wrote:Is Jalen Green available? Jalen's shooting is suspect, he's young, he's a challenge, but he's value for DJ.

Jalen Green is a flawed prospect but clearly a talented kid. He's worth taking a gamble on -- but his trade value is very low right now.

JG and Trae on the same roster would be hilariously awkward as they notoriously do not like each other.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,014

Post#438 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:27 am

dms269 wrote:
epfou1 wrote:In the spirit of SA interested in re-acquiring DJM.

In all honesty, I think just getting the picks back would be a win. However I fully expect Atlanta to seek to acquire players and hope to not be this bad during those pick years.

Agreed. I'd settle for '25 back and the pick swap lifted. They can have '27.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#439 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

In other Atlanta news, the Bulls, Rockets and Knicks have expressed interest in AJ Griffin, who has fallen out of the rotation under Quin Snyder this season. The Pelicans have some interest in Clint Capela, if they decide to move off Jonas Valanciunas, and Toronto has interest in De'Andre Hunter.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#440 » by Dan Z » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks