The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#641 » by ardee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:09 am

nzahir wrote:
We should be able to make some moves or a big move

If we cant, Bron should walk

He should walk anyway imo. I just don't trust the Lakers to do it right at this point. Even something like Durant would probably blow up in their faces.

He is TOO good to waste anymore time on this incompetent franchise. On a well-run Eastern team he's a walking ring.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Post#642 » by Slava » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:09 am

ardee wrote:
nzahir wrote:

He should walk anyway imo. I just don't trust the Lakers to do it right at this point. Even something like Durant would probably blow up in their faces.

He is TOO good to waste anymore time on this incompetent franchise. On a well-run Eastern team he's a walking ring.

I doubt there’s a team out there that gives him a secondary star as good as AD. In fact if the lakers were in the East, they’d be the second or third seed, so yes if you want him to duck to the easier conference, that’s the way. He refused to engage the warriors when they came for him and that says more than anything else that he’d rather win on his own terms than hop to the easier path to be an nba nomad like Durant.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,555

Post#643 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 am

ardee wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Where would he go though?

If the Lakers manage to get another AS level player, they'll be even better next provided LeBron maintains his current level.

There's not a better running mate in the East than AD. They were pretty unlucky in this series.
K9J
Ballboy
And1: 30

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS) 

Post#644 » by K9J » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:47 am

This FA seems terrible to find a C or big PF, last year we all knew the name was Naz Reid but pelinka probably dont move a finger or didn't try to bring him calling before the FA started.

I dont know the numbers exactly to do it but...what do u think if lakers finally trade for one of those AS names: trae, DM, KD or even irving, If its possible move to have the full MLE before or after that trade happen, use it with derozan? he maybe accept to take it for a ring, good relationship with bron, has rung sometimes to lakers and apparently he wanted come
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS) 

Post#645 » by Slava » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am

K9J wrote:This FA seems terrible to find a C or big PF, last year we all knew the name was Naz Reid but pelinka probably dont move a finger or didn't try to bring him calling before the FA started.

I dont know the numbers exactly to do it but...what do u think if lakers finally trade for one of those AS names: trae, DM, KD or even irving, If its possible move to have the full MLE before or after that trade happen, use it with derozan? he maybe accept to take it for a ring, good relationship with bron, has rung sometimes to lakers and apparently he wanted come

Naz Reid signed an extension with Minnesota.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
K9J
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#646 » by K9J » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am

Slava wrote:
K9J wrote:This FA seems terrible to find a C or big PF, last year we all knew the name was Naz Reid but pelinka probably dont move a finger or didn't try to bring him calling before the FA started.

Naz Reid signed an extension with Minnesota.

last year he was the name..pelinka move to try bring him?
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,507

Post#647 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:40 pm

VanWest82 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:27 to 9 FTA advantage, including some suspect calls down the stretch. Refs tried.

VanLeast, long time.

That's just a weak attempt at an insult even for you.

Since when is calling a spade a spade an insult?
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,507

Post#648 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:45 pm

VanWest82 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
The season is over when your only rooting interest is seeing LeBron lose.

Ah makes sense. He should still have his daughter's basketball games to go to though :roll:

I think you guys have more invested in hating me than whatever issues I have with Bron. Hope your lives have meaning.

You literally called yourself a hater a few minutes ago, it oozes in most of your posts, and we’re the haters LOL?
DorianRo
Senior
And1: 619

Post#649 » by DorianRo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:07 pm

Whatever happened… it’s all Hams fault LOL. It’s the coaches fault every year in LA. The fact they made every games competitive against the defending champs as a play in team and every game could have went either way. Ham needs to be fired for that. :roll:

I feel bad for whoever has to coach that Laker team.
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 388

Post#650 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 pm

The Van West person is interesting in a way to me. It's not often a "hater" can say anything remotely positive about James, yet he said some very nice things. Yes, they're obvious, but the obvious isn't often said by a "hater". Lebron, as a basketball player is THAT good. Still, not sure why anyone would hate an athlete that has absolutely NO power over them, though. They literally can do nothing to harm you, so why hate? And if you think you "really" know these athletes, you don't. You know them through the very imperfect prism of the media. I don't know. I just always find it odd when people "hate", a very charged and strong emotion, a person that in no way, shape or form truly has any power over them.

But, enough of that. Oh well...That's a wrap. In reality and to sentient beings who aren't complete idiots, he should have cemented himself on the Mt. Rushmore of the NBA and firmly established himself as a GOAT candidate this year. An unbelievable year 21 regular season and a brilliant year 21 playoff run. They just caught a better team in the first round. It will be interesting to see what he decides about his future, though. The reports about the Lakers drafting Bronny are funny to me. And will reinforce what seems to be obvious. Ownership and mangement has used him as a cash cow and isn't really that concerned with winning. I know that sounds silly, but I just can't reconcile how they allowed that championship team to be blown up so easily. Drafting Bronny isn't going to make them better at all. As good as Lebron still is, he isn't THAT Lebron anymore that can move the needle as far as this Lakers team needs it moved.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,660

Post#651 » by tsherkin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:42 pm

DorianRo wrote:Whatever happened… it’s all Hams fault LOL. It’s the coaches fault every year in LA. The fact they made every games competitive against the defending champs as a play in team and every game could have went either way. Ham needs to be fired for that. :roll:

Ham is definitely a bad coach. The team also definitely has other issues.

Two things can be true.
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 444

Post#652 » by Doug_12 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:44 pm

DorianRo wrote:Whatever happened… it’s all Hams fault LOL. It’s the coaches fault every year in LA. The fact they made every games competitive against the defending champs as a play in team and every game could have went either way. Ham needs to be fired for that. :roll:

Not every year, but this year definitely:
-The failure in 2021 was on injuries: both AD and James missed several weeks while we slid from the 2nd place to the 7th. When they came back we were 2-1 as 7th against the 2nd seeded (and eventual finalist) Suns, when AD injured again. Then we lost 2-4.
-In 2022 it was on the front office for assembling a horrendous roster.
-In 2023 we went to the WCF, so that is fine I guess.

This year it was Ham. He had a good roster and a rotation that was capable of marching to the WCF and going 21-10 post Feb 3rd (when we started to play this starting 5). He played ridiculous lineups featuring Cam Reddish and Prince as starters, playing Reaves without a PG and/or the rim protection of Davis etc... That nonsense went on for 2 months, while we went to a 11-16 run, which costed us a place that avoids both the Nuggets and the Timberwolves. If we just went for 14-13 instead, we would have been tied w/ the Mavs.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,563

Post#653 » by EmpireFalls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:44 pm

ardee wrote:
nzahir wrote:

So, Boston is the only option. That’s the only well-run Eastern team with actual title chances. And we all know that’s not going to happen.

I think you guys just need to let it go. He’s not winning another.
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,432

Post#654 » by AEnigma » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:54 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:
ardee wrote:
nzahir wrote:We should be able to make some moves or a big move

So, Boston is the only option. That’s the only well-run Eastern team with actual title chances. And we all know that’s not going to happen.

I think you guys just need to let it go. He’s not winning another.

The Knicks swapping Randle for Lebron would be an easy title-level team.

The 76ers signing Lebron would make a title-level team if Embiid could stay healthy for four rounds.

The current Cavaliers probably would not be a title team swapping Garland for Lebron… but if Mobley takes an unexpected leap, that could change.

I do not see the salary working on the Heat, but a hypothetical Butler/Lebron/Bam core coached by 2025 Spoelstra could win a title.

Lebron will not leave the Lakers (and accordingly will not win another title), and the latter three would require internally unlikely events in addition to him leaving the Lakers, but I strongly disagree that it would be Boston or nothing.
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#655 » by Greatness » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:06 pm

I don't know, I'm pretty satisfied with LeBron's resolve and refusal to give up down 3-0. He still has it and with the right circumstances, absolutely can still be the lead dog of a championship team (could be on the Lakers with slight tweaks and some positive luck).
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Post#656 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#657 » by Greatness » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:08 pm

Also, people are quick to point out when he misses a big free throw but not too much discourse over the fact he made those two clutch ones to tie it. I guess Murray's shot overshadowed it, but still.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,201

Post#658 » by Mickey8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:15 pm

Leroid with the worse move after the elimination than Bad Boys Detroit Pistons. It's really hard to root for him.

Warned for baiting - CF
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 388

Post#659 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:20 pm

Greatness wrote:Also, people are quick to point out when he misses a big free throw but not too much discourse over the fact he made those two clutch ones to tie it. I guess Murray's shot overshadowed it, but still.

Those people are idiots. Point and laugh at them.
magicman1978
Analyst
And1: 2,078

Post#660 » by magicman1978 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

Anyone that doesn't think that LeBron is, at minimum, in the GOAT argument should just be ignored at this point. If someone is willing to overlook the mountain of evidence and toss out all logic to argue he isn't - there's absolutely no use in having a discussion/argument with them. Their mind was made up long ago and nothing will change it.

At 39 years old, 21 years end - he's still performed like a top 5 player. Every single game against the Nuggets, likely the best team in the league, was competitive despite the Lakers being a poorly coached and poorly assembled team. Just imagine the Lakers with prime LeBron. The Nuggets would be lucky to take more than 1 game off them. It's sad that some people can't just appreciate what they're seeing.

Return to Player Comparisons