The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,194

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#881 » by donnieme » Tue May 7, 2024 3:37 am

Edwards is doing what you want your guard to do when you have Jokic in a drop. People actually think young Lebron wouldn't have cooked him alive when old Lebron kinda already did in patches during the 2020 series.
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,470

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#882 » by RRR3 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:41 am

It's embarrassing as hell Ham couldn't beat this team even twice :lol:
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#883 » by nzahir » Tue May 7, 2024 3:50 am

I think this series is showing us that having size helps and we should consider getting a 4/5 that can close games

Myles Turner: Would be great since hes mobile
Lauri Markennan: Not sure if he helps enough defensively, but tall and helps the offense. Would cost Reaves, Rui, and a combo of multiples picks and swaps.
WCJ: Ideal honestly, maybe a solid idea if Orlando wants to go with Goga and spend less on frontcourt with Paolo and Franz as well?
Draymond?: Only if GS is blowing things up, doubtful he is moved though. Probably too clunky of a fit with Bron and AD, but off the bench and can play the small ball 5 without AD or the 4 with AD. Just unsure if its easy to work with him, Bron, and AD. He did shoot well this year, but feels like anomaly.
Brook Lopez: I can see this as being realistic. But he is mobile enough?
Bobby Portis: I think its realsitic, but Portis is not a great defender I think right? Rates as a negative
Horford: I dont see Boston moving him as hes KP insurance, but would be solid

Cheap options:
Kevin Love: Meh, not a shot blocker, but a solid rebounder and gives some space. Would be solid for the vet min
Duop Reath: Meh, cant see him closing games

Christian Wood could in theory maybe be that guy, had some decent moments this year, but likely not smart enough and the shot wasnt falling. Unsure why

Thoughts?
nzahir
RealGM

Post#884 » by nzahir » Tue May 7, 2024 3:51 am

donnieme wrote:Edwards is doing what you want your guard to do when you have Jokic in a drop. People actually think young Lebron wouldn't have cooked him alive when old Lebron kinda already did in patches during the 2020 series.

Dropping 38-40 efficiecntly, even 2018 Bron

This is why Donovan Mitchell or Trae would cook him tbh
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,654

Post#885 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 7, 2024 3:54 am

The Lakers would be getting wrecked by this Wolves team too.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 20,023

Post#886 » by thebigbird » Tue May 7, 2024 3:54 am

I love the nuggets getting cooked like this. The Jokic talk had been getting pretty outrageous. Would be happy to see him lose this series and the conversation be brought back to reality.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,770

Post#887 » by homecourtloss » Tue May 7, 2024 3:56 am

thebigbird wrote:I love the nuggets getting cooked like this. The Jokic talk had been getting pretty outrageous. Would be happy to see him lose this series and the conversation be brought back to reality.

Jokic’s rebounding and defense has been really poor this series. And he hasn’t been creating on offense.

People might have to rethink those thoughts about the “highest peak ever” “ Best offensive peak ever” talk.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
donnieme
Head Coach

Post#888 » by donnieme » Tue May 7, 2024 3:56 am

Can never rule out the Nuggets. I think they are adjusting to a perimeter defense that won't just walk them to all their favourite spots. Lakers need to rewirk that backcourt because Reaves and D'lo backcourt is doubling down on some of the same flaws
draftbarnes
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#889 » by draftbarnes » Tue May 7, 2024 3:57 am

A big problem the Lakers have is the Reaves/DLO backcourt gets exposed on defense. Minnesota has zero holes on defense even Towns is defending now
On Curry declining

Pharmcat wrote:
Guest202 wrote:Didn't he score 30 two weeks ago on 5 of 10 from three?

you can still have good games in the decline, look at kobe's last game in his career
nzahir
RealGM

Post#890 » by nzahir » Tue May 7, 2024 4:22 am

draftbarnes wrote:A big problem the Lakers have is the Reaves/DLO backcourt gets exposed on defense. Minnesota has zero holes on defense even Towns is defending now

I am done with us playing small

If we are moving Reaves for a star and getting a guy like Mitchell for ex, I am cool with Dlo leaving if it helps us get the non tax payer mle or convincing him to have a bench role so we dont rely on him. If he walks, maybe we can get Cp3 for the min or mle? (or even a piece of it)

And then having a SG with size next to him who can defend. Maybe Christie is that guy?
donnieme
Head Coach

Post#891 » by donnieme » Tue May 7, 2024 4:29 am

Not sure the Lakers FO even did a single thing to make the Denver matchup more competitive. Since 21 have double-quadrupled down on this playing small nonsense. Worst part, what they keep throwing out is not even what real smallball is about!! It's like watching your kid cousin build a team on 2k.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,335

Post#892 » by GSP » Tue May 7, 2024 4:33 am

This series tells me La had a real shot at the 0-3 like i was feeling real time. They just eek out game 5 and i think they do it man. Murrays calf is clearly bothering him. He took a dump on La last year looked like Steph Curry but he had like 3 great quarters this series and was a disaster brickhouse most the series this time around

Wolves wouldve killed La tho but that 0-3 really wouldve cemented things further for Bron man.............
tone wone
Pro Prospect
And1: 582

Post#893 » by tone wone » Tue May 7, 2024 4:40 am

nzahir wrote:I think this series is showing us that having size helps and we should consider getting a 4/5 that can close games

Myles Turner: Would be great since hes mobile
Lauri Markennan: Not sure if he helps enough defensively, but tall and helps the offense. Would cost Reaves, Rui, and a combo of multiples picks and swaps.
WCJ: Ideal honestly, maybe a solid idea if Orlando wants to go with Goga and spend less on frontcourt with Paolo and Franz as well?
Draymond?: Only if GS is blowing things up, doubtful he is moved though. Probably too clunky of a fit with Bron and AD, but off the bench and can play the small ball 5 without AD or the 4 with AD. Just unsure if its easy to work with him, Bron, and AD. He did shoot well this year, but feels like anomaly.
Brook Lopez: I can see this as being realistic. But he is mobile enough?
Bobby Portis: I think its realsitic, but Portis is not a great defender I think right? Rates as a negative
Horford: I dont see Boston moving him as hes KP insurance, but would be solid

Cheap options:
Kevin Love: Meh, not a shot blocker, but a solid rebounder and gives some space. Would be solid for the vet min
Duop Reath: Meh, cant see him closing games

Christian Wood could in theory maybe be that guy, had some decent moments this year, but likely not smart enough and the shot wasnt falling. Unsure why

Thoughts?

Utah is probably not trading Lauri for anything less than a superstar package.

They definitely need a more well rounded big forward in Rui's spot. I just don't know who they can even target who can approximate Rui's offense while providing good defense and rebounding.

Then you have the D'lo/Reaves problem. Where you mostly like the offense but know you're in a athletic disadvantage against most good teams. You need to upgrade the size and overall physicality of the backcourt but you don't want to do it at the expense of shooting and playmaking.

Wanting to keep the offense of the 2nd half of the season while improving the defense and rebound is a tough needle to thread.
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I don’t think LeBron was as good a point guard as Mo Williams for the point guard play not counting the scoring threat. In other words in a non shooting Rondo like role Mo Williams would be better than LeBron.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 6,026

Post#894 » by falcolombardi » Tue May 7, 2024 4:44 am

RRR3 wrote:It's embarrassing as hell Ham couldn't beat this team even twice :lol:

Two losses literally came down to game winners tbf
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,104

Post#895 » by rk2023 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:46 am

GSP wrote:This series tells me La had a real shot at the 0-3 like i was feeling real time. They just eek out game 5 and i think they do it man. Murrays calf is clearly bothering him. He took a dump on La last year looked like Steph Curry but he had like 3 great quarters this series and was a disaster brickhouse most the series this time around

Wolves wouldve killed La tho but that 0-3 really wouldve cemented things further for Bron man.............

Murray emptied the gas tank to close us out lmao..
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,821

Post#896 » by Mos_Heat » Tue May 7, 2024 8:27 am

God damn you Rob Pelinka for picking Russell over NAW and Conley. How bad is this guy, jeez

I know it's not a fair comp and KAT is one of the best jump shooting big men of all time, but AD loosing any semblance of a 3pt shot really limited their offense
:reporter:
letskissbro
Rookie
And1: 1,440

Post#897 » by letskissbro » Tue May 7, 2024 8:39 am

nzahir wrote:I think this series is showing us that having size helps and we should consider getting a 4/5 that can close games

It's becoming all the more frustrating that they didn't trade for Turner when they had the chance. He'd be perfect next to LeBron and AD in this new meta of teams with supersized front courts that can shoot. Instead Rob Pelinka went and got three guys who are unplayable in the playoffs and Laker fans called it a 200 IQ 3D chess move. Dude is actually satan.
Doctor MJ wrote:I like the analogy with Curry as Coca-Cola. And then I'd say Iverson was Lean.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#898 » by RRR3 » Tue May 7, 2024 9:58 am

falcolombardi wrote:
RRR3 wrote:It's embarrassing as hell Ham couldn't beat this team even twice :lol:

Two losses literally came down to game winners tbf

Shouldn’t have come to that point in game 2 that was a Hamster masterclass.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#899 » by RRR3 » Tue May 7, 2024 9:58 am

Mos_Heat wrote:God damn you Rob Pelinka for picking Russell over NAW and Conley. How bad is this guy, jeez

I know it's not a fair comp and KAT is one of the best jump shooting big men of all time, but AD loosing any semblance of a 3pt shot really limited their offense

Pelinka is so bad I half suspect it’s intentional.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,528

Post#900 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue May 7, 2024 5:31 pm

Christian Wood picks up his PO. I think I like that. $3m, easy.

Return to Player Comparisons