Kevin Durant-Nets/Suns- 22-23 Thread- any last thoughts on Bradley Beal?

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,099

Re: Kevin Durant-Nets/Suns- 22-23 Thread- any last thoughts on Bradley Beal? 

Post#101 » by rk2023 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:35 pm

One_and_Done wrote:Suns will torch the Nuggets, if Denver makes it far enough to play them. This title will be remembered alot like the 06 Heat.

Any evidence to support this notion , or just another piece of an anti-Jokic vendetta :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#102 » by One_and_Done » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:45 pm

rk2023 wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Suns will torch the Nuggets, if Denver makes it far enough to play them. This title will be remembered alot like the 06 Heat.

Any evidence to support this notion , or just another piece of an anti-Jokic vendetta :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Suns would have beaten Denver this year if healthy, and Beal is an upgrade & now they have an offseason to gel and get better vet mins to round out the roster.

CP3 was having one of his good games in game 3, and the Suns were leading before he got hurt. They go up 2-1 and win the next 2 it's series over. Then Booker gets hurt in Q1 of gane 5 and looks hobbled for the rest of the series (he shot like trash from Q2 to the end of game 6), and in game 6 Ayton, the one Jokic defender, is gone too.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Post#103 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:40 pm

One_and_Done wrote:
rk2023 wrote:

The Suns would have beaten Denver this year if healthy, and Beal is an upgrade & now they have an offseason to gel and get better vet mins to round out the roster.

CP3 was having one of his good games in game 3, and the Suns were leading before he got hurt. They go up 2-1 and win the next 2 it's series over. Then Booker gets hurt in Q1 of gane 5 and looks hobbled for the rest of the series (he shot like trash from Q2 to the end of game 6), and in game 6 Ayton, the one Jokic defender, is gone too.

On paper it seems like it but we will find out if they all FIT together
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#104 » by One_and_Done » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:00 pm

Beal is clearly an upgrade over an injured and old CP3. Plus he helps provide the high pick and roll, 3pt shooting that kills Jokic.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
rk2023
Starter

Post#105 » by rk2023 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:04 am

One_and_Done wrote:
rk2023 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To address your former point, "X team could have beaten Y if healthy" is one of the most flawed arguments possible, as we could say this about the Clippers over Phoenix, Milwaukee over Miami, and many more examples just recently. There's no way to possibly conclude what would happen fully healthy, and on that note.. CP3 was injured in Game 2 not 3. I will say, I agree Phoenix could have taken Game 2 had he been healthy and played the rest of it; as Denver adjusted, Phoenix couldn't self-create and had somewhat a whiplash effect - leading to their implosion down the stretch. But if they win game 2, why is it a given they play with the same urgency in Games 3 and 4? Not to mention the Suns playing at a much faster pace in Game 3 and somewhat faster pace in G4 (both compared to G2) in Paul's absence. And not to further mention Booker's supernova (circling back under/to urgency) performances in G4 that regressed back to and past the mean. In G5/6, it was much more Phoenix's defense getting carved like a thanksgiving turkey than any offensive drawbacks - though one of the most well-fed elephants in the room in regards to the latter was Durant's implosion in G5/6.

As for Ayton being gone in G6: In 137 minutes, Ayton and Jokic shared the floor together - the Suns were outscored by 15.46 points per 100 plays / 108.3 - 123.76. In all of his 148 minutes, the Suns were outscored by 17.4 (108.1-125.5). He had a -15.7 on/off swing in the series. With Ayton as the primary defender, Jokic went 38/66 from the field for 93 points and drew 9 shooting fouls. So much for "the one Jokic defender".

Denver was clearly the better team - no surprise as they were the class of the West and class of the League. No need to discredit them off of inconsistent and flawed logic. Is Phoenix better now that they acquired Beal? Yes. Are they on Denver's tier? We have no way to prove that just yet.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,554

Post#106 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:25 am

That is either some brilliant trolling or insane delusion.

The Suns were never beating the Nuggets this season. Get serious.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by One_and_Done » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:16 am

Yeh, I disagree.
ShotCreator
Analyst
And1: 2,348

Post#108 » by ShotCreator » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:48 pm

ShotCreator wrote:CP3 is probably done. And yet this is another trade where his team loses somehow.

At a $16M cap hit CP3 is worth way more than Beal.

So yeah, it went about as badly as I expected. Even a CP3 on his last hamstrings is still better than an overrated quasi-star like Beal, especially on a loaded team such as this.
Swinging for the fences.
rk2023
Starter

Post#109 » by rk2023 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

First team out of the playoffs
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,195

Post#110 » by cpower » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:15 am

One_and_Done wrote:Beal is clearly an upgrade over an injured and old CP3. Plus he helps provide the high pick and roll, 3pt shooting that kills Jokic.

but ....but they dont have a bench and dont play defense nor create for each other...that sounds like a great team for ya?

KD is clearly not that guy, he is basically a glorified version of DeMar DeRozan
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#111 » by One_and_Done » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:25 am

cpower wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Beal is clearly an upgrade over an injured and old CP3. Plus he helps provide the high pick and roll, 3pt shooting that kills Jokic.

but ....but they dont have a bench and dont play defense nor create for each other...that sounds like a great team for ya?

KD is clearly not that guy, he is basically a glorified version of DeMar DeRozan

Beal was a huge disappointment. Unfortunate that he never seemed to get healthy. Calling KD Demar is pretty silly tho. However these guys would have won 55+ if healthy, and then they're not playing the Wolves in Rnd 1. Injuries and bad scheme really hurt them. The Wolves were also just better.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,379

Post#112 » by SpreeS » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:28 am

One_and_Done wrote:
cpower wrote:

Beal was a huge disappointment. Unfortunate that he never seemed to get healthy. Calling KD Demar is pretty silly tho. However these guys would have won 55+ if healthy, and then they're not playing the Wolves in Rnd 1. Injuries and bad scheme really hurt them. The Wolves were also just better.

How many wins would PHO has If all teams from WEST would be healthy?
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,201

Post#113 » by Mickey8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:24 pm

rk2023 wrote:

I also think that Suns would have been tougher match up for the Nuggets than Minnesota.
rk2023
Starter

Post#114 » by rk2023 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:32 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
rk2023 wrote:

I also think that Suns would have been tougher match up for the Nuggets than Minnesota.

Agree to disagree there. Beal and Nurkic would have gotten played off the floor, like they did round 1. KD working in altitude too is something I would not be keen on lol
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,935

Post#115 » by OhayoKD » Thu May 2, 2024 4:49 am

Trading ayton was dumb me thinks
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,381

Post#116 » by Cavsfansince84 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:01 am

My opinion on this trio barely changed at all over the course of the season. I just pity Booker who is stuck with them as teammates. He deserved better from the Suns.
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,432

Post#117 » by AEnigma » Thu May 2, 2024 5:37 am

OhayoKD wrote:Trading ayton was dumb me thinks

Ayton is nowhere near good enough for you to be this enamoured with him.

Nurkic is only four years older and a consistently better defender at half the cost.

Return to Player Comparisons