Predict how many wins for those three teams in the East Conference

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,733

Predict how many wins for those three teams in the East Conference 

Post#1 » by dygaction » Sat May 18, 2024 10:16 am

Assuming all healthy; Core rotation of 8 with one extra spot for flexibility. You can trade players with free agents or undrafted players.

Team 1:
PG: Jalen Brunson
SG: Donte DiVencenzo
SF: Kevin Huerter
PF: Jaren Jackson Jr.
C: Mitchell Robinson
Bench: Collin Sexton/De'Anthony Melton/Moritz Wagner + Troy Brown Jr.

Team 2:
PG: Luka Doncic
SG: Mikal Bridges
SF: Michael Porter Jr.
PF: Jarred Vanderbilt
C: Wendell Carter Jr.
Bench: Bruce Brown/Grayson Allen/Robert Williams + Landry Shamet

Team 3:
PG: Trae Young
SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
SF: Gary Trent Jr.
PF: Miles Bridges
C: Deandre Ayton
Bench: Anfernee Simons/Marvin Bagley III/Mo Bamba + Devonte' Graham

Free agents: Keita Bates-Diop/Aaron Holiday/Josh Okogie/Lonnie Walker/Kevin Knox
Undrafted: Duncan Robinson/Gabe Vincent/Jae'Sean Tate/ Kenrich Williams
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,913

Re: Predict how many wins for those three teams in the East Conference 

Post#2 » by Dutchball97 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:31 am

Team 1: Overall I think they'd still be in that 45-50 win cluster that covers most of the play-off teams but I do think this is a pretty clear downgrade from what they currently have. They get more options on offense but lose a lot of hustle between Hart, OG and Hartenstein. That frontcourt is also never going to hold up health wise or be able to stay out of foul trouble. I think we're looking at a first round exit team here unless the stars allign and JJJ stays on the court long enough and Brunson puts on his carry pants.

Team 2: I like this team all around. I think they'd be on an island alone at the 2nd seed well behind Boston but well ahead of everyone else, so say around 55. Very strong offense, above average defense and a solid bench. Just like with team 1, the main struggle is going to be hoping your frontcourt can make it through the season. When healthy this team likely makes the finals but in reality I don't think they'd get past Boston.

Team 3: What did SGA do to deserve this mess? Questionable fit with low hustle, seems like a group that performs well below what you'd expect from the talent level. I'm going with play-in team barely around .500.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,801

Post#3 » by homecourtloss » Sat May 18, 2024 2:10 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:Team 1: Overall I think they'd still be in that 45-50 win cluster that covers most of the play-off teams but I do think this is a pretty clear downgrade from what they currently have. They get more options on offense but lose a lot of hustle between Hart, OG and Hartenstein. That frontcourt is also never going to hold up health wise or be able to stay out of foul trouble. I think we're looking at a first round exit team here unless the stars allign and JJJ stays on the court long enough and Brunson puts on his carry pants.

Team 2: I like this team all around. I think they'd be on an island alone at the 2nd seed well behind Boston but well ahead of everyone else, so say around 55. Very strong offense, above average defense and a solid bench. Just like with team 1, the main struggle is going to be hoping your frontcourt can make it through the season. When healthy this team likely makes the finals but in reality I don't think they'd get past Boston.

Team 3: What did SGA do to deserve this mess? Questionable fit with low hustle, seems like a group that performs well below what you'd expect from the talent level. I'm going with play-in team barely around .500.

Pretty much agree completely here, though I do think the Robinson+Jackson duo could be quite good defensively for the first team, but the OG/Hartenstein defensive duo is great and it can also shoot and you also have Hart doing Hart things; taken altogether, OG/Hart/Hart seem a better fit with Brunson. Team three…I don’t see any defensive hope for it when it doesn’t even have a defensive anchor (Ayton isn’t one).
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,733

Post#4 » by dygaction » Sat May 18, 2024 6:57 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:Team 1: Overall I think they'd still be in that 45-50 win cluster that covers most of the play-off teams but I do think this is a pretty clear downgrade from what they currently have. They get more options on offense but lose a lot of hustle between Hart, OG and Hartenstein. That frontcourt is also never going to hold up health wise or be able to stay out of foul trouble. I think we're looking at a first round exit team here unless the stars allign and JJJ stays on the court long enough and Brunson puts on his carry pants.

This is a far superior talented team than play-in Hawks and most of the time winning cures lots of problems. Trae is clearly at least the fourth best player on the draft and gives all needed playmaking. Trae/SGA are supermax level players; Ayton is regaining his confidence and still a good center; Anfernee is a 22/4/5 player off the bench... Was trying to see where you can be based on superior offensive talent.

I was trying to use 18 draft alone to create three playoff teams. That's pretty wild as it is considered pretty to to have two for most other drafts.

Team 3:
PG: Trae Young
SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
SF: Gary Trent Jr.
PF: Miles Bridges
C: Deandre Ayton
Bench: Anfernee Simons/Marvin Bagley III/Mo Bamba + Devonte' Graham

Free agents: Keita Bates-Diop/Aaron Holiday/Josh Okogie/Lonnie Walker/Kevin Knox
Undrafted: Duncan Robinson/Gabe Vincent/Jae'Sean Tate/ Kenrich Williams

Return to Player Comparisons