ECF Game 1 Thread: Pistons vs. Celtics

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Pistons Vs. Celtics, Who ya got?

Pistons in 4
8%
Pistons in 5
10%
Pistons in 7
13%
Celtics in 4
9%
Celtics in 5
7%
Celtics in 6
20%
Celtics in 7
18%
NO-KG-AI FTW
15%

Total votes: 112

nightstarstolen
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#21 » by nightstarstolen » Mon May 19, 2008 12:53 am

Lebron Defense >>>>>>> Prince Defense

Celtics win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leevii
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#22 » by leevii » Mon May 19, 2008 12:53 am

nightstarstolen wrote:celtics in 4

Celtics Defense >>> Detroit Defense
Celtics Bench >== Detroit Bench
Rondo ==< Billups - Rondo superior defender
Ray=< Hamilton - Ray doubled teamed all series in cleveland
Pierce>>>> Prince
KG>>>>>> Wallace
Perkins = Whoever they have

I guess Atlanta Hawks are better than the Pistons. Maybe the refs help Pistons win a game, hopefully stretch the series to 5 games at least.
AnSweR07 wrote:I'll go Roy, slightly ahead of Wade.
Albanian Damien
Starter
And1: 639

Post#23 » by Albanian Damien » Mon May 19, 2008 12:57 am

leevii wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess Atlanta Hawks are better than the Pistons. Maybe the refs help Pistons win a game, hopefully stretch the series to 5 games at least.
Boy, it's nice to see optimism but if this series last longer than 3 games(Pistons forfeit game 4 after going down 3-0 by a margin of 50 in each game) I will officially think the NBA is rigged and is just trying to make money off this series.
My Starting 5:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Paul Pierce
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Patrick Ewing
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran

Post#24 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Mon May 19, 2008 1:12 am

even if this is sarcasm, its going to be a long series having to listen to this crap lol
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#25 » by triplet1984 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:13 am

We'll find out after Game 2... imo, if Detroit splits in Boston, they will win the series in 6. if Boston goes up 2-0, they win in 6 or 7.
Albanian Damien
Starter

Post#26 » by Albanian Damien » Mon May 19, 2008 1:22 am

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:even if this is sarcasm, its going to be a long series having to listen to this crap lol
No I'm 100% serious. Anyone who thinks it goes longer than 3 games is a homer/hater.
My Starting 5:

triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#27 » by triplet1984 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:31 am

Albanian Damien wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No I'm 100% serious. Anyone who thinks it goes longer than 3 games is a homer/hater.

Oh yeah? well I think it's going at least 4 games! Maybe even 5, 6, or 7! whatchu got to say about that :wavefinger:
Albanian Damien
Starter

Post#28 » by Albanian Damien » Mon May 19, 2008 1:35 am

Da-Met wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh yeah? well I think it's going at least 4 games! Maybe even 5, 6, or 7! whatchu got to say about that :wavefinger:
GTFO of this thread. I swear the homerism of the Detroit Pistons is ridiculous. I swear you know it was nice series, both teams played hard but once Boston beat Cleveland it was set in stone. Man I can't stand the ignorance on this board.
My Starting 5:

Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#29 » by Dtown84 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:36 am

It goes one game! Boston saves time and forfeits all their road games but then loses game one :lol:
nightstarstolen
Banned User

Post#30 » by nightstarstolen » Mon May 19, 2008 1:37 am

Detroit couldn't even beat Cleveland last year... Celtics took them out with Lebron having a better supporting cast of shooters...

Top 5 players in series in order:

1. KG

2. Paul Pierce

3. Billups

4. Hamilton

5. Wallace

STAR POWER WINS BABY...

I dont mind if the Celtics lose to Lakers in finals, or New Orleans but if they dont dismantle Detroit in 4-6 games, i will run around naked outside for a week...
Dtown84
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by Dtown84 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 am

nightstarstolen wrote:I dont mind if the Celtics lose to Lakers in finals, or New Orleans but if they dont dismantle Detroit in 4-6 games, i will run around naked outside for a week...

Shouldn't losing a bet be a punishment to yourself, and not others. :nonono:
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#32 » by L&H_05 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:50 am

nightstarstolen wrote:Detroit couldn't even beat Cleveland last year... Celtics took them out with Lebron having a better supporting cast of shooters...

1. KG

2. Paul Pierce

3. Billups

4. Hamilton

5. Wallace

STAR POWER WINS BABY...

I dont mind if the Celtics lose to Lakers in finals, or New Orleans but if they dont dismantle Detroit in 4-6 games, i will run around naked outside for a week...
That's not how it works...

I do believe KG is going to have a tough time with Sheed on him.. And on the flip side, I see Sheed being a slight matchup problem with him being an inside-outside threat... Pulling KG from the basket is really going to benefit Detroit on the boards..
prekazi
General Manager

Post#33 » by prekazi » Mon May 19, 2008 1:54 am

I'll root for Paul Pierce and Tayshaun Prince from now on. :) So I'm looking forward to that match-up. Should be a great one.

prediction: Detroit wins 4-3.
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
A.J.
Banned User

Post#34 » by A.J. » Mon May 19, 2008 2:04 am

Celtics in 7
Albanian Damien
Starter

Post#35 » by Albanian Damien » Mon May 19, 2008 2:20 am

Dtown84 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Shouldn't losing a bet be a punishment to yourself, and not others. :nonono:
I don't mind :eyebrows:
My Starting 5:

PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#36 » by PistonFan4Life » Mon May 19, 2008 2:21 am

nightstarstolen wrote:Detroit couldn't even beat Cleveland last year... Celtics took them out with Lebron having a better supporting cast of shooters...

1. KG

2. Paul Pierce

3. Billups

4. Hamilton

5. Wallace

STAR POWER WINS BABY...

That was last year. It's over and done with. If we want to base things on last year then the Celtics shouldn't even play against us and just let us walk into the NBA Finals because they weren't in the playoffs last year then right? :noway:

Detroit is a much better team this year. Our bench is deeper than it has been the past couple seasons and our starters aren't as tired going into the ECF as they have been the past few years. It should still be a good series but I see the Pistons winning in 6 games.

I see one interesting matchup that no one has mentioned yet and that is that Flip was KG's coach for so many years in Minnesota that he knows his strengths and weaknesses better than anyone. That could play a huge favor in Detroit advancing to the NBA finals.
Albanian Damien
Starter

Post#37 » by Albanian Damien » Mon May 19, 2008 2:27 am

PistonFan4Life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That was last year. It's over and done with. If we want to base things on last year then the Celtics shouldn't even play against us and just let us walk into the NBA Finals because they weren't in the playoffs last year then right? :noway:

Detroit is a much better team this year. Our bench is deeper than it has been the past couple seasons and our starters aren't as tired going into the ECF as they have been the past few years. It should still be a good series but I see the Pistons winning in 6 games.

I see one interesting matchup that no one has mentioned yet and that is that Flip was KG's coach for so many years in Minnesota that he knows his strengths and weaknesses better than anyone. That could play a huge favor in Detroit advancing to the NBA finals.
too bad Flip is probably too (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to remember them.
My Starting 5:

Dtown84
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by Dtown84 » Mon May 19, 2008 2:31 am

Doc vs. Flip....wow...it boggles the mind.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,174
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#39 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon May 19, 2008 2:52 am

lol, it's hilarious that one of Doc or flip will be in the finals :rofl:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Jackattaq
Lead Assistant
And1: 246

Post#40 » by Jackattaq » Mon May 19, 2008 2:55 am

As long as Detroit is allowed to play Defense in the same manner that Cleveland did to Boston (grabbing, holding, shoving), I think Boston is in trouble. I think Detroit has bigger BIGS, Stronger Guards and Forwards are Bostons only advantage. If the NBA starts calling a bunch of "touch fouls" and PP is getting to the line everytime he trips over his own feet, then it's gonna be a long series for the Pistons. I think the Billups/Rondo matchup will be huge. Rondo is Bostons "X-FACTOR", if he's getting easy buckets and the Pistons aren't defending him well they are in for a long series. But if the Pistons punish him for being the under-sized hack that he is, the Celtic will struggle. I don't know how many games he always seems to get easy buckets in the paint. The Pistons need to abuse him defensively. Make him stop Billups going in the paint.

One area Detroit is better than Boston is running out in transition. They are faster, longer and should out-run Bostons players. Prince and Hamilton can outrun anyone at their respective positions in the open court. Billups MUST STOP THE BALL if Rondo gets out in the open court and make him a halfcourt player because Rondo's strengths are not going against a top notch halfcourt defense.

Should be a good series and I think Game 1's winner will probably take the series. It's rare that any team wins 3 straight regardless of venue if the teams are evenly matched.

Return to The General Board