T-Mac's second round virginity

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

pballa
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#81 » by pballa » Sat May 3, 2008 3:08 pm

Ming Kong! wrote:Alston would have pushed this 7 games, as Utah wouldn't have won 2 games at Houston if he played. With that said, Utah also had Williams who's been bothered for a few weeks (thanks Carmello!), and Boozer who's been with a bad back for a while. Ofcourse this nothing near what the Rockets had to go through but they were certainly not 100%, these guys were more like 70-80%.

first half of your paragraph was right, but when a player is draining 3s like that last night as D will was, don't go saying oh he's been bothered by injuries, like what, without the injuries he'd be dropping 40, please.
dingojazz
Senior

Post#82 » by dingojazz » Sat May 3, 2008 3:27 pm

RoxFan08 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Once Rafer got injured, he stopped getting the ball. BJ went on the attack, and bricked everything he touched. I think this playoff series drives home just how important Alston is to this team. We lost all 3 games he wasn't available for the whole game, and in game 6, the Jazz made their large run to finish us off after his ankle injury.

It's true that Rafer played very well in this series. I was impressed by his game and toughness, and losing him really hurt Houston. However, the Rockets made their second quarter run led by T-Mac, after Rafer got hurt. i think the Jazz were up 19 and Houston cut the lead all the way down to 1.

That's why I question T-Mac's 3rd quarter...he proved in the second he can do it without Rafer.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,767

Post#83 » by Cammo101 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:32 pm

Nate505 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, with Yao and McGrady together they cannot miss the playoffs!

Sincerely,

The 06-07 Playoffs

Classic.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 617

Post#84 » by Chessboxer » Sat May 3, 2008 3:38 pm

I;ve been quite critical of Mcgrady's playoff performances in the past.

However at the same time I don't think Mcgrady's playoff woes are that big of deal now. I say this mainly because he is not really in his prime anymore and the best player on the team was hurt.

I think it was more of an issue when Mcgrady was a top 5-10 player, I don't think he is that anymore. They just lost to legitimately better team this year.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#85 » by bleu » Sat May 3, 2008 3:38 pm

HTown34s wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

By any chance you wouldn't happen to stay in Houston now do you? Because you fit the perfect description of the numerous fair weather fans that plague this city.

Your forgot something in your sig.

where kicking Houstons sorry ass team out of the playoffs TWICE happens
jazz1232dc
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#86 » by jazz1232dc » Sat May 3, 2008 3:53 pm

dingojazz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's true that Rafer played very well in this series. I was impressed by his game and toughness, and losing him really hurt Houston. However, the Rockets made their second quarter run led by T-Mac, after Rafer got hurt. i think the Jazz were up 19 and Houston cut the lead all the way down to 1.

That's why I question T-Mac's 3rd quarter...he proved in the second he can do it without Rafer.

A lot of members on this site aren't smart enough to look at the big picture for game 6 and this was the big picture. Alston goes out and the Rockets make their run led by TMac. The lead for Utah is 4 going into the 3rd quarter and this so-called superstar puts up a very impressive 0 points. Not only that but he's walking up the court, standing on the weak side watching the pathetic Rockets offense, and playing piss-poor defense. The Rockets were right there in the 3rd and TMac quit on his team. Don't give me the 40 point, blah, blah, blah stats. When his team needed him the most, he gave up.

I don't feel bad for him at all. It's a shame studs like Alston, Scola, Landry, Battier, and Hayes have to put up with his crap. TMac is a ball hog, team killer, selfish, overrated superstar that has the basketball IQ of a hockey player.
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#87 » by TiMacMania » Sat May 3, 2008 4:11 pm

jazz1232dc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A lot of members on this site aren't smart enough to look at the big picture for game 6 and this was the big picture. Alston goes out and the Rockets make their run led by TMac. The lead for Utah is 4 going into the 3rd quarter and this so-called superstar puts up a very impressive 0 points. Not only that but he's walking up the court, standing on the weak side watching the pathetic Rockets offense, and playing piss-poor defense. The Rockets were right there in the 3rd and TMac quit on his team. Don't give me the 40 point, blah, blah, blah stats. When his team needed him the most, he gave up.

I don't feel bad for him at all. It's a shame studs like Alston, Scola, Landry, Battier, and Hayes have to put up with his crap. TMac is a ball hog, team killer, selfish, overrated superstar that has the basketball IQ of a hockey player.

and this is why i will always the jazz and their fans...

you should never post about a player...since you dont know ****
sixers_610
General Manager
And1: 68

Post#88 » by sixers_610 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:15 pm

Sorry, teams win playoff series, not individuals.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#89 » by DraftBoy10 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:24 pm

Look, I haven't been the real pro-McGrady fan myself lately. Because I only believe in the 4 years of acquiring him, he's played probably about 20% of with the hardest of his effort.

However, that statement is so stupid, that now I shall deem Jazz fans a bunch of stupid, mormon, incest-breeding cowards. How do you like that?
Nebroc
Senior

Post#90 » by Nebroc » Sat May 3, 2008 4:37 pm

T-mac folded like a paper cup in the fourth in the first two games and went Mr. Invisible in the third last night. Pathetic.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,742

Post#91 » by Nate505 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:48 pm

etopn23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yao wasn't at 100% in 06-07 and the 80% of the current Rocket's bench wasn't on the roster then.

You're delusional if you think Utah would of had a chance this year. We went this far without Yao.

Yeah yeah, and according to Rocket fans Utah didn't have a chance last year either. Too bad the results state otherwise.
jazz1232dc
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#92 » by jazz1232dc » Sat May 3, 2008 4:50 pm

DraftBoy10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

However, that statement is so stupid, that now I shall deem Jazz fans a bunch of stupid, mormon, incest-breeding cowards. How do you like that?

How is that a stupid statement? Everything I said is the truth. I can't help it if most on here are too stupid to realize it, or are in such denial that they don't want to realize it. What's your excuse for TMac giving up on his team last night? Most are quick to make excuses instead of looking at the big picture.

TMac was amazing in the first half. He lead the charge to get his team within 1 and a very doable 4 point deficit entering the 3rd quarter. This is the time when a team leader, a superstar takes over the game. You saw that with Deron. What TMac did was shy away and stand in the corner. It sums up his pathetic NBA career. When all is said and done, TMac would rather give up and make excuses then will his team to victory. It must be a family thing because his cousin is the same way.
Nate505
RealGM

Post#93 » by Nate505 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:50 pm

DraftBoy10 wrote:However, that statement is so stupid, that now I shall deem Jazz fans a bunch of stupid, mormon, incest-breeding cowards. How do you like that?

Oh no! Whatever shall us Jazz fans do! DraftBoy10 has deemed us a bunch of stupid, mormon, incest-breeding cowards! How can we ever survive from such a brutal verbal tongue lashing from such an esteemed member of society like DraftBoy10?
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#94 » by carrottop12 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:55 pm

He is terrible in the second half, and considering games 1, 2, and 4 were all winnable games and he disappeared he does have to shoulder some of the blame.

I understand that he had great first halves of games, but when the opposing team is in the penalty in the fourth quarter, and you are blessed with the ability to get to the line, and the refs are practically begging you too, and you start jacking jumpers?

Come on man.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#95 » by TheRaptor! » Sat May 3, 2008 4:57 pm

TMac is ****, trade his ass for someone better.

:pray: TJ Ford?? :pray:
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#96 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:58 pm

Don't talk **** about a player that you don't know a damn thing about. The reason he didn't score any points in the 3rd was because he was forced to be the play maker. We saw the results from game 1 and 2 to see how Bobby Jackson handled the ball and it was just straight up horrible. He was forced to be the play maker and he was, but no one was making their shots. Seriously don't even come up with bull **** like that just because you don't like the Rockets. You have no **** idea what your talking about.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#97 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:01 pm

Batronuj wrote:He is terrible in the second half, and considering games 1, 2, and 4 were all winnable games and he disappeared he does have to shoulder some of the blame.

I understand that he had great first halves of games, but when the opposing team is in the penalty in the fourth quarter, and you are blessed with the ability to get to the line, and the refs are practically begging you too, and you start jacking jumpers?

Come on man.

Well in 1 and 2 he was forced to be the play maker. In game 6 in the 3rd same thing happened. He finally started to click when Jackson went OUT of the game in the 4th. And I think that was the biggest problem.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#98 » by Texas Longhorns » Sat May 3, 2008 5:02 pm

Nobody wants T-Mac, I would trade him right now, not for junk, but for at least something that's close to him. Either way, nobody wants him because he's injury prone and now he's about to turn 29 and has never got out of the first round. If you stick him in Boston, this debate will be over, too bad they can't handle his salary. That's another issue, his salary, nobody wants to pay max for him anymore. I think after the 2009-2010 season, if I'm not mistaken, he will become a free agent. I don't think the Rockets will have any plans to resign him unless a sign and trade happens (doubt that). Then maybe he might get out of the first round, by going on a contender or something.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#99 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:03 pm

How is that a stupid statement? Everything I said is the truth. I can't help it if most on here are too stupid to realize it, or are in such denial that they don't want to realize it. What's your excuse for TMac giving up on his team last night? Most are quick to make excuses instead of looking at the big picture.

TMac was amazing in the first half. He lead the charge to get his team within 1 and a very doable 4 point deficit entering the 3rd quarter. This is the time when a team leader, a superstar takes over the game. You saw that with Deron. What TMac did was shy away and stand in the corner. It sums up his pathetic NBA career. When all is said and done, TMac would rather give up and make excuses then will his team to victory. It must be a family thing because his cousin is the same way.

Yet his "pathetic" career and his cousins is statistically, talent wise, and overall is better then any of the players you have on your team.
Nate505
RealGM

Post#100 » by Nate505 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:05 pm

Baller 24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yet his "pathetic" career and his cousins is statistically, talent wise, and overall is better then any of the players you have on your team.

I doubt most would choose McGrady or Carter over Deron any day of the week. Maybe some might choose McGrady, but Cater is a miserable cancer.

Return to The General Board