T-Mac's second round virginity

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#181 » by Flash3 » Mon May 5, 2008 12:35 pm

TiMacMania wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

kobe did?

wade had shaq (and played in the east) lebron well, he made it but can barely beat the wiz lol...mcgrady had **** on his team and almost won it...( he was always the underdog in those series) nobody can carry a team by himself NOBODY...

The Finals, I thought it was pretty clearly stated. :dontknow:

And, that "he had Shaq" non-sense is plain silly in this particular incident being referred to here. -- With around 6 minutes left to go in game 3 of the Finals the Heat were down by 13 pts, and were about to go 0-3 and basically all but lose the series, no one on this team could do anything with all the "veterans" on this team, not even Shaq; that team couldn't buy a shot for a quarter and a half.

It wasn't until Wade basically took the series into his hands, and the Heat went away from their inside-out offense, and went with their outside-in offense; with Wade basically taking over that game and the series.

You can say he had XYZ on his team, but at the time with his team down by that many points, and not being able to do anything, Wade took over and that one game changed that entire series.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
HTown34s
Senior
And1: 0

Post#182 » by HTown34s » Mon May 5, 2008 1:39 pm

McGrady's 2nd round virginity doesn't hold a candle to this....

[Insert witty comment here]
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#183 » by NYKnick87 » Mon May 5, 2008 1:41 pm

HTown34s wrote:McGrady's 2nd round virginity doesn't hold a candle to this....

Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,912

Post#184 » by Nate505 » Mon May 5, 2008 4:34 pm

Yeah, apparently losing in the first round 7 times in a row doesn't hold a candle actually making an NBA finals twice...
Lazy Faizy
Veteran
And1: 1,906

Post#185 » by Lazy Faizy » Mon May 5, 2008 5:02 pm

Nate505 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, apparently losing in the first round 7 times in a row doesn't hold a candle actually making an NBA finals twice in 20+ years but never winning anything significant...

Hey HTown34s, give this man his cookie!
isrred
Starter

Post#186 » by isrred » Mon May 5, 2008 5:19 pm

isrred
Starter

Post#187 » by isrred » Mon May 5, 2008 5:22 pm

Htown, stop living in the past. Can you imagine if the Cubs lost to the Rockies in the playoffs and the cubs fans kept saying "Well we at least have championships"...get over it. Your team lost. Yes, your team sucked because of injuries. But you know what? This is the NBA, you pay people to build a roster that will be able to succeed REGARDLESS of injuries. Blame your front office for not building a strong enough bench, not the Jazz for beating your team.
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#188 » by nyk_buc » Mon May 5, 2008 5:44 pm

Flash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Finals, I thought it was pretty clearly stated. :dontknow:

And, that "he had Shaq" non-sense is plain silly in this particular incident being referred to here. -- With around 6 minutes left to go in game 3 of the Finals the Heat were down by 13 pts, and were about to go 0-3 and basically all but lose the series, no one on this team could do anything with all the "veterans" on this team, not even Shaq; that team couldn't buy a shot for a quarter and a half.

It wasn't until Wade basically took the series into his hands, and the Heat went away from their inside-out offense, and went with their outside-in offense; with Wade basically taking over that game and the series.

You can say he had XYZ on his team, but at the time with his team down by that many points, and not being able to do anything, Wade took over and that one game changed that entire series.

i agree with you tmac should get blame b/c he has never won. you can't make excuses when you lose. i have no problem with criticisms about him.

but the thing is wade is not on his level. in the 06 finals series, wade was not doubled team one bit until game 5 and 6. and even then, it was sporadic. shaq may not have put up the stats, but the double teams he drew consistently allowed wade to go wild. only after game 5 of that series, teams started to double wade more and more.

and you have NEVER heard of the phrase, "he doesn't have enough help and playing by himself out there" with dwayne wade.

we all saw how he played and how his team played last yr when he had no help.

tmac's playoff stats are on some legendary type of stuff that is only rivaled by lebron james right now.

28.5, 6.8, 6.2, 1.5, 1 (tmac)
27.7, 7.8, 7.2 (lebron)

nobody else right now currently playing have those all-around #s.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,912

Post#189 » by Nate505 » Mon May 5, 2008 5:57 pm

Da Next Tmac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey HTown34s, give this man his cookie!

What exactly of significance has McGrady won?
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#190 » by etopn23 » Mon May 5, 2008 6:03 pm

durden_tyler wrote:What escapes us is that it's not TMac's team but it's Tmac, he just disappears in the crucial moments of the postseason... Even with Yao, they will still struggle against the Jazz or any of the top teams in the West.

Tmac is a "superstar" with the quote-unquote. He's just not on the same level as Lebron, Kobe or Wade.
Flash3 wrote:There has to come time when the blame is put on T-Mac. I can't comment on his recent post season, because I haven't had access to it (being out of the country), but still, something has to give!

Players such as Kobe, Wade, & LeBron have taken over post-season series' with their team-mates doing nothing but standing around, Kobe and Wade most notably; WCFs and NBA Finals, respectively.

Will he ever get out? Yeah, but not as the main-option, IMO.
Why is it people try to make it seem like he always has had problems in the fourth during the post season. He used to be one of the most clutch players in the league - he's hit game winners in the playoffs, he's taken over fourth quarter and he's taken over entire games. He just doesn't have the stamina to do it by himself anymore. Chalk it up to his decline thanks to injury.

Anyone see the difference between:
2005:

2008:
etopn23
Head Coach

Post#191 » by etopn23 » Mon May 5, 2008 6:04 pm

Nate505 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What exactly of significance have the Jazz won?
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#192 » by Happyfoosball » Mon May 5, 2008 6:12 pm

rewill17 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes it does. Are you proud your team had part in 2 of those 7 exits?

He was in the East for years playing for the Magic and the Raptors and still never made it out. The "west is omg so awesome" bs doesn't apply to this thread.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
etopn23
Head Coach

Post#193 » by etopn23 » Mon May 5, 2008 6:15 pm

Happyfoosball wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He was in the East for years playing for the Magic and the Raptors and still never made it out. The "west is omg so awesome" bs doesn't apply to this thread.
Oh yes, playing for the Raptors as a 18-19 year old and playing with one of the worst supporting casts in NBA history while on the Magic. Man, he definitely should of been able to beat the 1 seeds by himself. :noway:
bballmaniac27
Starter
And1: 4

Post#194 » by bballmaniac27 » Mon May 5, 2008 6:21 pm

^ don't expect too much from a magic fan. They're known McGrady haters.
isrred
Starter

Post#195 » by isrred » Mon May 5, 2008 6:22 pm

etopn23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh yes, playing for the Raptors as a 18-19 year old and playing with one of the worst supporting casts in NBA history while on the Magic. Man, he definitely should of been able to beat the 1 seeds by himself. :noway:

He couldn't put the Pistons away after he gave that interview about being so happy about finally getting out of the first round after the Magic were a win away from advancing. That was the moment I lost all respect for that man...And I laugh at the Houston fans comparing tmac to kobe or any other star. Tmac SUCKS. I could score that many points if I took a million shots away from my teammates like him.
etopn23
Head Coach

Post#196 » by etopn23 » Mon May 5, 2008 6:26 pm

isrred wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He couldn't put the Pistons away after he gave that interview about being so happy about finally getting out of the first round after the Magic were a win away from advancing. That was the moment I lost all respect for that man...And I laugh at the Houston fans comparing tmac to kobe or any other star. Tmac SUCKS. I could score that many points if I took a million shots away from my teammates like him.
:lol: That's some deep analysis you provided there. Props to you. Image
Greg Ostertag agrees.
HTown34s
Senior

Post#197 » by HTown34s » Mon May 5, 2008 6:32 pm

isrred wrote:Stupid bitter Houston fans...you wouldnt have your titles either if Jordan was playing those years..You just got lucky...Yes, the Jazz have no titles, but guess who is still playing........

I take it you
[Insert witty comment here]
isrred
Starter

Post#198 » by isrred » Mon May 5, 2008 6:38 pm

etopn23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:lol: That's some deep analysis you provided there. Props to you. (picture)
Greg Ostertag agrees.

Greg Ostertag, as HORRIBLE as he was, made 2 NBA finals so this isn't exactly a good thread to be making that reference. Tmac hasn't won a playoff series ever, do I think that is completely his fault? NO!!!!!!!! However, Houston fans piss me off so much that I enjoy reminding them about the futility of their star.
rewill17
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#199 » by rewill17 » Mon May 5, 2008 6:46 pm

bigballa3jj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess if they could still tank 02-03.

Edit: its the post where put in Chris Bosh at PF for the T-Mac/VC combo.
bballmaniac27
Starter
And1: 4

Post#200 » by bballmaniac27 » Mon May 5, 2008 6:46 pm

isrred wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Greg Ostertag, as HORRIBLE as he was, made 2 NBA finals so this isn't exactly a good thread to be making that reference. Tmac hasn't won a playoff series ever, do I think that is completely his fault? NO!!!!!!!! However, Houston fans piss me off so much that I enjoy reminding them about the futility of their star.

Likewise, Rockets fans also enjoy reminding the Jazz how their pitiful franchise as never won a ring :wink:

Seriously though, why don't you guys just take the win and go worry about the Lakers or something.

Return to The General Board