Boston vs. Atlanta - Series BOS wins (4-3)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

How do you think the series will go the rest of the way?

Celtics will win games 5 and 6
35%
Hawks will win games 5 and 6
11%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
4%
Hawks will lose game 5 but win games 6 and 7
49%
Celtics will lose game 5 but win game 6 and lose game 7
1%

Total votes: 85

KNICKS1970
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#561 » by KNICKS1970 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:16 am

BallAboveAll wrote:I thought the Celtics were supposed to sweep. I totally underestimated the Hawks. But how does a 66 win team struggle with a 37 winner?

This will be epic if Boston loses in game 7.

It would, by far, be the biggest upset in NBA history and rank up there with Giants over Patriots, Douglas over Tyson, Jets over Colts, and 1980 USA Hockey over the Soviet Union in the biggest upsets in sports history.
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#562 » by eatyourchildren » Sat May 3, 2008 3:16 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:So am I just the only one who understands that the Hawks being generally a decade younger than the Celtics is a big part of why they're giving the Celtics such a hard time? They're just plain outrunning and outjumping the Celtics. I don't know of any other team in the league that plays at such a frantic, uber-athletic pace. The Celtics would probably have an easier time against the defending champion SPURS or the #1 seeded Lakers than they are having against the Hawks because they play a much more controlled game and play in a half court set and won't make the 30+ year old Celtics have to outrun and outjump them. I'm not saying they would definitely beat the Spurs OR the Lakers, both would be difficult series', but they wouldn't be as annoying/frustrating as the Hawks are for the Celtics.

Isn't that what the announcing crew said all game? You're not exactly traversing new ground here.
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#563 » by triplet1984 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:16 am

For some reason I just keep picturing that one guy who had the animated sig of the Celtics 3 talking about winning a title, and Tim Duncan pops in, with a big grin on his face, saying "Not on my watch!"

KG is no Tim Duncan.
at87on
Rookie
And1: 348

Post#564 » by at87on » Sat May 3, 2008 3:16 am

Just because you're younger, doesn't mean you're going beat an older team. The Warriors are like 0-20 in San Antonio in the past 10 years. It's about being better and actually showing up in the playoffs. Garnett is a life-long choker when it matters.
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#565 » by YiYaoYue » Sat May 3, 2008 3:17 am

NetsForce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Acie Law's 2 points + Paul Pierce's clutch technical = 3 pts. The Hawks won by 3 points.

All hail Acie Law.

outside of jalen rose, bill walton, and JVG the whole ESPN basketball staff needs to be rehired.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#566 » by Texas Longhorns » Sat May 3, 2008 3:17 am

Wow, what a huge loss... The pressure is on the Celtics to win.. I mean the Hawks weren't even expected to be in the series this long, if the Celtics lose this series, it will be a huge loss.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
dsorc
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#567 » by dsorc » Sat May 3, 2008 3:17 am

BallAboveAll wrote:I thought the Celtics were supposed to sweep. I totally underestimated the Hawks. But how does a 66 win team struggle with a 37 winner?

This will be epic if Boston loses in game 7.

Go look at the foul shots during the games in Atlanta, you'll notice a very interesting trend. I can understand that teams play better when they're home versus away but this series has been an extreme of that. Hawks have looked pathetic when playing in Bos and then extremely good at home.

I agree with the people that keep saying that Rondo shouldn't have been in there. Doc can't even use the excuse that he wanted him for his defense given that they were going to foul immediately. Then instead of trying to get rid of the ball, our worst shooter on the court ends up taking a shot outside of his range.
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#568 » by eatyourchildren » Sat May 3, 2008 3:17 am

Da-Met wrote:For some reason I just keep picturing that one guy who had the animated sig of the Celtics 3 talking about winning a title, and Tim Duncan pops in, with a big grin on his face, saying "Not on my watch!"

KG is no Tim Duncan.

I've got another analogy:

KG:Tim Duncan is as TMac:Kobe
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#569 » by GregB » Sat May 3, 2008 3:17 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:So am I just the only one who understands that the Hawks being generally a decade younger than the Celtics is a big part of why they're giving the Celtics such a hard time? They're just plain outrunning and outjumping the Celtics. I don't know of any other team in the league that plays at such a frantic, uber-athletic pace. The Celtics would probably have an easier time against the defending champion SPURS or the #1 seeded Lakers than they are having against the Hawks because they play a much more controlled game and play in a half court set and won't make the 30+ year old Celtics have to outrun and outjump them. I'm not saying they would definitely beat the Spurs OR the Lakers, both would be difficult series', but they wouldn't be as annoying/frustrating as the Hawks are for the Celtics.

I agree completely. But its a lot more fun for fans who hate Boston to look at things in a Vacuum. I think we would have an easier time with Cleveland. As long as we can take care of business sunday.
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#570 » by Kobay » Sat May 3, 2008 3:18 am

We're going ot have an9other great off season and regular season following that. Mmm NBA is getting much better since the fall of the laker dynasty.
Kaydee
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#571 » by Kaydee » Sat May 3, 2008 3:18 am

I said before and i will say it again the celtics will coke just like my patriots did in the playoffs
at87on
Rookie

Post#572 » by at87on » Sat May 3, 2008 3:18 am

KG is a TMac or Grant Hill.. He's no Tim Duncan.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#573 » by celticfan42487 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:19 am

Da-Met wrote:For some reason I just keep picturing that one guy who had the animated sig of the Celtics 3 talking about winning a title, and Tim Duncan pops in, with a big grin on his face, saying "Not on my watch!"

KG is no Tim Duncan.

:eyebrows: so you're thinking of my sig and me late at night then :eyebrows:
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#574 » by YiYaoYue » Sat May 3, 2008 3:19 am

eatyourchildren wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've got another analogy:

KG:Tim Duncan is as TMac:Kobe

Thats a bad analogy because TMac is keeping a Yaoless houston team close with utah. KG without pierce or ray and boston might have lost awhile ago.
at87on
Rookie

Post#575 » by at87on » Sat May 3, 2008 3:19 am

GregB wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't think so. But its a lot more fun for fans who hate Boston to look at things in a Vacuum. I think we would have an easier time with Cleveland. As long as we can take care of business sunday.

Why would you think that you'd have an easier time with Cleaveland (assuming you can hold off the Hawks?) Did you forget that guy Lebron James? As good as Joe Johnson has been, Lebron is that much better. Atlanta's outside shooting is horrible compared to Booobie Gibson and Wally Szerbiak and even Devin Brown. The interior defense and rebounding is better on Cleaveland than on Atlanta.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,959

Post#576 » by Last Guardian » Sat May 3, 2008 3:20 am

The Hawks are ruining David Sterns gameplan.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#577 » by celticfan42487 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:20 am

It's also bad because KG has already taken a team to the WCF and won an MVP while T-mac hasn't done anything in his career.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,754

Post#578 » by zeebneeb » Sat May 3, 2008 3:21 am

KG is a KNOWN choker, why his performance tonight surprises anyone is beyond me.

He was getting rid of the ball like it was ON FIRE, not to mention critical turnovers when the game was on the line.
slaman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#579 » by slaman » Sat May 3, 2008 3:22 am

Pierce fouls out...without gang signs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQx3pav9-c
Paul Pierce can't believe he picks up his sixth foul in the middle of the fourth quarter with the Celtics trailing the Hawks.
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#580 » by Klinky » Sat May 3, 2008 3:22 am

Props to ATL for the win. I am having my doubts they can win Game 7, but I was expecting them to get swept. It's very exciting to see Boston playing @ ATL. ATL doesn't appear to be able to play at all unless they have their home court backing them. "At least"(in quotes because they really should have won this series a couple games back) Boston kept this game close. ATL has lost by double digits in each game @ Boston... =/
Circus Americano!

Return to The General Board