Josh Howard admits to smoking bud

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Puertorique
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#61 » by Puertorique » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:35 am

I don't smoke weed nor do I condone it. But do people realize that eating McDonalds and such fast foods can be in the same category as smoking Marijuana and is more of a health risk then weed is?
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#62 » by greenbeans » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:36 am

wigglestrue wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What you're describing is a subset of "Loser", the loser who likes to get high. There are a multitude of winners who like to get high, too. It's not enjoyment itself. It's just one way to enhance enjoyment of life, like a scotch on the rocks or a hike through the mountains or lube.

:rofl: :rofl: aint that the truth
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#63 » by greenbeans » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:37 am

casey wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Don't change the subject, we're talking about people getting high here.

but its a goddamn epidemic. when will people start realizing this??!?!
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#64 » by Joker » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 am

Seattlesun wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i dont doubt that for a second. just my observation being in the workplace. i work with people who i know could do better if drugs and alcohol werent so important to them.

again, i have no problem with it. like every choice we make, we deal with the consequences good or bad.

did you consider socioeconomics at all? Their education level, what types of families they come from, etc. What do their parents do for a living?

I'm guessing these guys were never star students, even when they weren't smoking pot.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 909

Post#65 » by mattyBoi » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:44 am

SeattleSun i agree with you 100 percent

Ive seen lives ruined over pot, including my own for a period of time.

My buddy was a straight A student on a full scholarship, started smoking weed, and lost it all.

Weed affects you, in a word it just makes you stupid from day to day, it makes you not care about things in life.

The only people who say weed isnt a problem are the stoners who do it

Theres nothing wrong with the occasional hitting of a pipe, drink on the weekend, you know, but doing these things as a habit is a mistake.

Saying your happy living this way, just means your fine with being a loser
Seattlesun
Head Coach
And1: 359

Post#66 » by Seattlesun » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:45 am

Joker wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

did you consider socioeconomics at all? Their education level, what types of families they come from, etc. What do their parents do for a living?

I'm guessing these guys were never star students, even when they weren't smoking pot.

nah man, and i've never said anyone doing drugs is bad. i've said to each his own.

i've simply observed in my experiences that non-users do better in general secularly. i for one value secular success but not everyone does and thats cool.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#67 » by greenbeans » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:46 am

mattyBoi wrote:SeattleSun i agree with you 100 percent

Ive seen lives ruined over pot, including my own for a period of time.

My buddy was a straight A student on a full scholarship, started smoking weed, and lost it all.

Weed affects you, in a word it just makes you stupid from day to day, it makes you not care about things in life.

The only people who say weed isnt a problem are the stoners who do it

Theres nothing wrong with the occasional hitting of a pipe, drink on the weekend, you know, but doing these things as a habit is a mistake.

Saying your happy living this way, just means your fine with being a loser
says the ignorant kid who doesnt relax and nitpicks on realgm as a relief.

H is something you lose friends over, not weed. its not a plants fault you have some weakminded friends
Seattlesun
Head Coach

Post#68 » by Seattlesun » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:52 am

btw, i was raised poor in an alcoholic broken house, and smoked pot in 7th-8th grade until i could feel it messing up my basketball and my grades. so i'm not posting on complete ignorance although i realize many had it much worse than i did
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#69 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:57 am

Hey, stop bagging on weed. It helped me get through some tough **** in my life. And I am not a loser. People who let weed ruin their lives needed a lesson in moderation.

Still, I think he shouldn't have said anything. We all know NBA players like to dance with the Doobian, but keep it on a Don't Ask Don't Tell policy.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#70 » by greenbeans » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:59 am

Seattlesun wrote:btw, i was raised poor in an alcoholic broken house, and smoked pot in 7th-8th grade until i could feel it messing up my basketball and my grades. so i'm not posting on complete ignorance although i realize many had it much worse than i did

well i dint smoke weed until after i dropped out of high school, i was 18 or 19. i was an alcoholic at the age of 14. thats the main reason i get worked up about this, the hypocrisy drives me crazy. alcohol does WAY more bad than trees do
Seattlesun
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Seattlesun » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:04 am

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well i dint smoke weed until after i dropped out of high school, i was 18 or 19. i was an alcoholic at the age of 14. thats the main reason i get worked up about this, the hypocrisy drives me crazy. alcohol does WAY more bad than trees do

dude, I could not agree more. alcohol messes people up worse in many cases and makes you sicker the next day.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 909

Post#72 » by mattyBoi » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:10 am

lol thats all i have to say
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#73 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:13 am

mattyBoi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's a condescending attitude. What makes you any kind of authority to judge anyone? What have you accomplished in life? He faced his demons and conquered them. I am assuming the worst thing that happened to you was getting grounded.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#74 » by greenbeans » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:14 am

mattyBoi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

so do you know what its like to "lose" friends to REAL drugs?? try losing a friend in 6th grade off pills, hes dead, he isnt coming back. my best friend died last thanksgiving cause of drunken driving. i have another close friend who is a complete H head. cmon man, grow up and open your eyes to some REAL problems
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#75 » by greenbeans » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:15 am

so do you know what its like to "lose" friends to REAL drugs?? try losing a friend in 6th grade off pills, hes dead, he isnt coming back. my best friend died last thanksgiving cause of drunken driving. i have another close friend who is a complete H head. cmon man, grow up and open your eyes to some REAL problems

and ya know what friends are still around?? the friends who have houses, and jobs, and kids??? the ones who smoke weed, thats who
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#76 » by casey » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:32 am

I laughed at your last post too. I can't speak for why he was laughing, but I laughed at the "hypocrisy" comment.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#77 » by LakerFanMan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:33 am

wow.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#78 » by greenbeans » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:35 am

alright, drunken driving is NOT more of a problem than stoners. neither is OC's. . surrrreeeee
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#79 » by crkone » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:36 am

I would be worried if he didn't smoke. ;)

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#80 » by greenbeans » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:39 am

casey wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I laughed at your last post too. I can't speak for why he was laughing, but I laughed at the "hypocrisy" comment.

so its not hypocritical of the govt./society to advocate alcohol abuse and cigarettes then turn around and criminalize pot???

Return to The General Board