Josh Howard admits to smoking bud

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#101 » by Canomad » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:06 am

he shoulda kept his mouth shut about it. but other then that its just weed. a freakin plant thats it. it is a PLANT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! those people on here saying its a big deal well its not. atleast not to me. i dont get worked up over who smokes PLANTS!!!!
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#102 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:35 am

To prove this will all blow over and you high and mighty types should've learned how to use the internet a year ago...

"One theory I heard about why you went as low as 29th is that some teams were concerned that you might have a problem with marijuana.
I think a lot of people have that problem. How that could stop me from getting drafted, though? How many guys in the lottery smoke pot? The weed thing, just about everybody smokes.

Just look at that draft, though. Who else can get 30 and 10? Basically, you have those top five guys, and most of those other guys who were drafted before me ... I can't tell you where they are today. All those GMs who passed? I appreciate them hating on me, because it got me where I am today."

Taken from ESPN's TrueHoop with Henry Abbot in an interview with Josh Howard on April 25th 2007--LITERALLY OVER A YEAR AGO
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-2 ... Heard.html
Serpo
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#103 » by Serpo » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:40 am

Like i said it's a one year old story that somebody found recently and published again for whatever reason .

I guess they couldn't find anything else ...
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#104 » by theTHIEF » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:45 am

this sure doesn't make it seem like an "old story"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3368139#

Irvin and Co. refer to the old article, but he admits to smoking dope right now in the off season...

or maybe im not retaining what im hearing correctly...
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#105 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 am

Technically the wiretap and the news today is all new. Today Howard made comments on the radio in response to a Dallas Morning News article that referenced the Truehoop interview that I believe was pressed over the weekend.

Also, since Marijuana isn't one of the NBA's "drugs of abuse" it's unlikely the league can do much about this anyway. Marc Stein writes

"NBA players are required to undergo four random tests every season between Oct. 1 and June 30. But a player who tests positive for marijuana is not subjected to his first five-game suspension -- or even public knowledge he has failed a drug test -- until his third failed test.

There likewise appears to be no penalty precedent for a player who merely shares details about drug use in the media.

Two sources close to the situation told ESPN.com Howard will almost certainly be entered immediately into the NBA's marijuana program -- which would require him to submit to counseling and much more frequent testing, including offseason checks -- but it would appear that he is not at risk for a suspension unless he has failed two previous tests."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3368139
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#106 » by Buck You » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:25 am

Who cares if the guy lights one up in his free time. He's still a great player on the court. I'm pretty sure he doesn't play high and Marijuana isn't performance enhancing(if anything it's performance reducing) so who cares. The bad part about this story is him basically telling the NBA to test him. Not very bright on his part.

Edit: Well now looking at the posts above me it seems that someone put this out into the news at this time without Josh's consent. Greedy journalists.
CatNation
Banned User

Post#107 » by CatNation » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:33 am

Breaking News! Fellow Nike athlete Michael Jordan to discuss marijuana use with Josh Howard!
-MetA4-
Head Coach
And1: 465

Post#108 » by -MetA4- » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:27 pm

DJ Sueko wrote:Breaking News! Fellow Nike athlete Michael Jordan to discuss marijuana use with Josh Howard!
(picture)

:rofl: :lol:
DFolks
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#109 » by DFolks » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:35 pm

hahaaha you guys who are against weed are just ignorant about the facts. Go 2 a couple websites and actually read up on some stuff that proves the government used propaganda and made people believe weed is the worst thing ever and that weed is not harmful and it is actually beneficial...

i admit i smoke to much and i would consider myself a stoner even though im also a good basketball player.... i say this just because of my living environment and friends and such..I say this because i only have a few close hooping friends even though i played on 2 aau teams, my high school team, and i know my future college teemates for next year. I have probably a hundred outside of basketball real close friends and every single 1 of them smokes weed, albeit some heavier than others...Stoners are good people, we do not cause any trouble for the most part. We are about having fun...

Actually, weed doesn't really affect a players basketball performance in the least. for me personally, its enhances my ability.This past high school season (im a senior and this is making me sad lol), I went to almost every single practice high. My teemates knew but my coaches didnt and if they did they let it slide, i guess because i am a baller. And i went to at least half of my games high, but not blazed...i went to practice blazed often...there is a difference. SMoking weed didnt affect my performance as this last year i avg about 15 points and 7 assists....if you think i am lying, just trust and believe me. its not like i care, but i know people and they automatically assume people are lying or exaggerating something.....as a society, we have to get rid of the assumption people arnt giving u what they say they will give you. also, Im going to hoop D-1 next year. Im going to a low major conference school, but ill be damned if im not proud of myself and my accomplishments of getting 4 different D-1 scholarship offers.. I am not bullshitting any of you. Put faith in yourself to believe me even though this is just the internet....lol

well anyways as i am writing this, I am scaling and weighing out and bagging up this ounce of this no name dank dro that pick i picked up for 300. thats a great price for my area as dro and kush easily sell for 375 an ounce... I have been selling dub bags and sawbucks for the last few months and even though its not great profit money, it still beats the living hell out of a real job right now..people know when they buy from me cuz i have cool colored baggies as well...lo...

if you have any questions about being a hooper and smoking heavy weed, just ask me. that sounds homo but you guys judge these nba players to much and you dont know the environment and life story of each individual basketball player in the league and the reason why they do certain things and their decisions in life....
Paydro70
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#110 » by Paydro70 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Nate505 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I also hear reefer users listen to massive amounts of negro jazz music and rape white women!

This post actually made me LOL. Well done sir.
SaxMachine
Freshman

Post#111 » by SaxMachine » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:14 pm

you KNOW tim duncan blazes

Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#112 » by Magz50 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:26 pm

Dude, why do you think TD is so damn relaxed all the time. :lol:
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#113 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Why are we still talking about it? Who cares what he does in the offseason. If the NBA drug tests him... fine, great. Let him get suspended. The money goes to charity anyways. The biggest issue right now is his piss poor play and like it or not him talking about this subject this week has only been a detriment to his play during the playoffs.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#114 » by TommyTheCat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:26 pm

DFolks wrote:hahaaha you guys who are against weed are just ignorant about the facts. Go 2 a couple websites and actually read up on some stuff that proves the government used propaganda and made people believe weed is the worst thing ever and that weed is not harmful and it is actually beneficial...

i admit i smoke to much and i would consider myself a stoner even though im also a good basketball player.... i say this just because of my living environment and friends and such..I say this because i only have a few close hooping friends even though i played on 2 aau teams, my high school team, and i know my future college teemates for next year. I have probably a hundred outside of basketball real close friends and every single 1 of them smokes weed, albeit some heavier than others...Stoners are good people, we do not cause any trouble for the most part. We are about having fun...

Actually, weed doesn't really affect a players basketball performance in the least. for me personally, its enhances my ability.This past high school season (im a senior and this is making me sad lol), I went to almost every single practice high. My teemates knew but my coaches didnt and if they did they let it slide, i guess because i am a baller. And i went to at least half of my games high, but not blazed...i went to practice blazed often...there is a difference. SMoking weed didnt affect my performance as this last year i avg about 15 points and 7 assists....if you think i am lying, just trust and believe me. its not like i care, but i know people and they automatically assume people are lying or exaggerating something.....as a society, we have to get rid of the assumption people arnt giving u what they say they will give you. also, Im going to hoop D-1 next year. Im going to a low major conference school, but ill be damned if im not proud of myself and my accomplishments of getting 4 different D-1 scholarship offers.. I am not **** any of you. Put faith in yourself to believe me even though this is just the internet....lol

well anyways as i am writing this, I am scaling and weighing out and bagging up this ounce of this no name dank dro that pick i picked up for 300. thats a great price for my area as dro and kush easily sell for 375 an ounce... I have been selling dub bags and sawbucks for the last few months and even though its not great profit money, it still beats the living hell out of a real job right now..people know when they buy from me cuz i have cool colored baggies as well...lo...

if you have any questions about being a hooper and smoking heavy weed, just ask me. that sounds homo but you guys judge these nba players to much and you dont know the environment and life story of each individual basketball player in the league and the reason why they do certain things and their decisions in life....

classic post

i have no problem with most anyone smoking weed. i'd be pissed to find out my surgeon smoked a joint before he cut me open or the pilot who flew me across the atlantic lit up before the flight but other than that kind of stuff............i don't care. but to be in the public spot light and to admit it when your job requires drug testing is downright stupid. almost as stupid as taking 1.5 oz wrapped in aluminum foil through a metal detector at an airport.
KillaCro$$over
Ballboy

Post#115 » by KillaCro$$over » Thu May 1, 2008 2:38 pm

jokeboy86 wrote:You can tell he has no endorsements

no endorsements??? Josh Howard is signed wit Team Jordan

he be havin' exclusive joints on every game & i've seem
him in several Jordan ads commercials, magazine promotions etc.
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#116 » by Master Shake » Thu May 1, 2008 3:07 pm

I once scored 42 points in a basketball game high off my ass...

I also got a 96% on a calc exam last semester high off my ass...

that's all I have to say about this subject.
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.

Return to The General Board