Official NBA Referee "Bashing" Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Trifecta7
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Trifecta7 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:31 pm

HD video of last night's GSW-LAL game call: link
maradro
Senior
And1: 359

Post#42 » by maradro » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:45 pm

manu flops, but if you think that play was a flop, you need your eyes checked. both buckner and melo swung and hit at shoulder/neck level, and it was correctly called a flagrant.

i understand people get fed up with manu's flopping and enjoy seeing him get hit, but if you cant distinguish between a flagrant foul and a flop, you dont have much to base your arguments on.

and for all the rep manu has as a flopper, there is really very little video of him doing it. baron davis and derek fisher are far worse IMO.
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#43 » by eatyourchildren » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Trifecta7 wrote:HD video of last night's GSW-LAL game call: link

Hm, doesn't look quite as bad a call anymore. Look at Monta's left arm around Fisher's. They were hooked onto each other.

So as Monta moves forward and Fish moves back, watch how Fish trips over Harrington's left foot.

As soon as that momentum has his tripping backward, the arm that Fish had hooked around Monta pulls Monta back too.

So it should have been a non-call, since they were basically hugging each other going backwards.

But stop acting like Fish flopped. He clearly tripped over Harrington's foot.
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
Nebroc
Senior

Post#44 » by Nebroc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:13 am

The Suns will whine about anything.
exkonvict
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#45 » by exkonvict » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:14 am

prekazi wrote:^^LeBron getting all the calls is also a myth :roll: of course kiddin', refs love LeBron, Wade and Duncan. Only calls LeBron can't get is he's so strong that fouls don't effect him that much so sometimes refs forget their whistles. Wade has the edge here over him because he gets every kind of call. I don't know why but they don't like Kobe that much. I'm afraid one day he'll attack on them.

Btw flop of the year isn't Fisher's move. It was Damon Jones against Toronto last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0JZmI20nfc

Fish's flop was clutch & it regained #1 status back for the Lakers.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#46 » by MagicNolesFSU » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:39 am

Manu Ginobli seriously is the biggest flopper in the NBA. wow
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
exkonvict
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#47 » by exkonvict » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:05 am

MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#48 » by MagicNolesFSU » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:30 am

exkonvict wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=1GUqqGp28OI&feature=related

woooooooooooooooooooow

You got knocked the ^&$&^$ OUT
NBA on NBC
Banned User

Post#49 » by NBA on NBC » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:38 am

tms386 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Um...instead of leaving your playoff hopes in the hands of Derek Fisher, how about your team actually goes out every night, plays some defense and wins some games? If you miss the playoffs it's not just that one bad game that cost you the playoffs, it's the whole season.

We're not mad because he "ruined" our playoff hopes. We're mad because it was an obvious sh*t call, and the only people arguing against it being a sh*t call are Lakers fans and the fans that have not seen the game.

And we do win games, you idiot Laker fan. How else do you think we're 43-20 since the return of Stephen Jackson? That alone would be the 6th best record in the league right now. And we went on a 10-1 run to send that game to OT last night, we DID play defense. That's why everyone was so upset at the outcome of the game, because the Warriors built up so much momentum just to have a ref hand the Lakers the game.

You're just over here trying to sound all philisophical and smart trying to shut the Warriors fans up, when you really have no real "ammo" to work with in the first place.

EDIT: My bad if you're not a Lakers fan... I don't really know what team you're a fan of. lol.
NBA on NBC
Banned User

Post#50 » by NBA on NBC » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:40 am

LABallaz08 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They were still down 2 with less than 5 seconds... Its not like it was a gimme that they were going to win that game if that call hadnt been made.

So you're saying that Warriors fans shouldn't be mad that the refs took their oppurtunity to win the game away, just because there was a chance that the Warriors would have missed the shot?

Wow, you idiot Laker fan. What if the refs took away the Lakers opportunity to make a shot in 0.4 seconds? Obviously the odds of a player hitting a shot like that in the postseason were unlikely, so even if the refs took that opportunity away who cares, it still wasn't a gimme.
NBA on NBC
Banned User

Post#51 » by NBA on NBC » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:43 am

lol my bad with the "idiot laker fan" name calling. stupid me.
NBA on NBC
Banned User

Post#52 » by NBA on NBC » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:44 am

Xandre wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, the Lakers are the second seed and the Warriors are fighting for their playoff lives, so there's quite a big difference between the two teams.

LOL we're fighting for our playoff lives? wow, another one of those casual NBA fans who see the Warriors in the 8th seed and assume that Golden State is hanging on for dear life. lmao.
LO7
Ballboy

Post#53 » by LO7 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:03 am

congradulation golden state fans u almost beat us with two of our starters out

i mean thats talent right there
GSW championship

god i hope we verse u guys in the playoffs with a healthy line up
dem warriors
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#54 » by dem warriors » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:17 am

i think the laker fans would be whistling a different tune had the situation been switched. What if the lakers were down 2 in OT, at Staples against the dubs, fisher trying to fight through monta who is locked up with him, monta stumbles backwards, pulls down fisher and is called for an offensive foul. Warriors win. The complaints would be 10 times as bad.
You can brag about how great you are all you want, fact of the matter is, its BS that the refs robbed a team of the opportunity to tie or win a game because of a VERY questionable call.
Nebroc
Senior

Post#55 » by Nebroc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:02 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:Manu Ginobli seriously is the biggest flopper in the NBA. wow
If you don't watch Raja Bell and Nash maybe.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#56 » by MagicNolesFSU » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Raja Bell is a har nosed defender. He plays smart. His flops are exagerated but they are no where near ginoFlop. Manu simply flails at every oppurtunity and its ridiculous.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#57 » by killacalijatt » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:11 pm

LO7 wrote:congradulation golden state fans u almost beat us with two of our starters out

GSW championship

Did we not beat you with Bynum in on National TV. Don you remember the kissess. Id say the odds of making that shot are pretty good since are record in close games talk for its self. What was it like 9-3 tied for best before the flop.
You can say you didnt have Gasol in that game on national tv, but how do you know that a Gasol and Bynum front court would even work out? You dont just like how we dont know if that last shot would have gone in.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#58 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:41 pm

I'd rather have Odom over Gasol in a game vs. the Warriors..just my opinion though..
NBA on NBC
Banned User

Post#59 » by NBA on NBC » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:47 pm

LO7 wrote:congradulation golden state fans u almost beat us with two of our starters out

GSW championship

You don't understand the whole topic of conversation, you idiot Laker fan. We're talking about A CALL THAT THE REF MADE THAT ENSURED THE LAKERS A VICTORY. This is a topic about REFEREES. We're talking about a BAD CALL.

Instead, you feel insulted that the Warriors almost beat you, so you go and mock our team as if this whole conversation is about who is the better team instead of talking about the stupid referees in the league that make dumbass calls.

i think the laker fans would be whistling a different tune had the situation been switched. What if the lakers were down 2 in OT, at Staples against the dubs, fisher trying to fight through monta who is locked up with him, monta stumbles backwards, pulls down fisher and is called for an offensive foul. Warriors win. The complaints would be 10 times as bad.
You can brag about how great you are all you want, fact of the matter is, its BS that the refs robbed a team of the opportunity to tie or win a game because of a VERY questionable call.

^^^EXACTLY. To put this in a better perspective. Imagine if this was between a West vs. East team in a Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Do you people think that ANYONE would actually want to see a game end that way?
Nebroc
Senior

Post#60 » by Nebroc » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:19 am

MagicNolesFSU wrote:Raja Bell is a har nosed defender. He plays smart. His flops are exagerated but they are no where near ginoFlop. Manu simply flails at every oppurtunity and its ridiculous.
Next your going to tell me Nash is a hardnosed player too right?

Return to The General Board