Official NBA Referee "Bashing" Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#341 » by Kobay » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 am

You know whats funny about that last play by kobe. he clearly got mugged but in the end of hte game they bail out pierce with a foul on a similar play. I thought refs were going to call it even and hell not call a bail out foul in the end of games.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#342 » by Kefa461 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Curmudgeon wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For what-- having watched the game?

Officiating in the NBA is spotty at best. Every team gets screwed at one time or another. Last night was not one of those times. The Lakers were outplayed, and screwed themselves by committing dumb fouls (like Kobe's elbow on Ray Allen) and by not taking it to the hoop.

Go ahead and whine all you want. I'm rather enjoying it.

Long time no see Curmudgeon.......good season huh........2 more wins baby
I too am enjoying it....... 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#343 » by carrottop12 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Lakers fans complaining about the refs...

In game 2 against the Jazz your beloved Lakers shots 43 free-throws, how many did the Jazz shoot? 16.

Over the 6 game series Kobe shot 96 free-throws, the Jazz shot 99.

In your four wins, you shot 70 more free-throws then the Jazz.

Cry about it, but realize that the only reason you are here is because of the refs, it's a shocker your superstar and most of all the Zen Master don't realize it.
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 3,008

Post#344 » by Teen Girl Squad » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:24 pm

Batronuj wrote:Lakers fans complaining about the refs...

In game 2 against the Jazz your beloved Lakers shots 43 free-throws, how many did the Jazz shoot? 16.

Cry about it, but realize that the only reason you are here is because of the refs, it's a shocker your superstar and most of all the Zen Master don't realize it.

In games 1-2 the Jazz intentionally fouled in the last minute. In game 2 8FTs were shot in the last minute of game that was not close, which exaggerates the discrepancy. It was 6-8 in game 1. Plus the jazz' defense to an extent was to foul Kobe all the time. No doubt he got the calls but at least he's the MVP and not Leon ******** Powe.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#345 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Are utah fans actually bringing up their series? While their team has been fishing have the just forgot that they commit the most fouls of any NBA team? That their team concept is to foul? stfu plz jazz fans.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,826

Post#346 » by Nate505 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:24 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:Are utah fans actually bringing up their series? While their team has been fishing have the just forgot that they commit the most fouls of any NBA team? That their team concept is to foul? stfu plz jazz fans.

Apparently the team concept for the Lakers was to foul in game 2. Yet that doesn't stop the Laker fans from crying non stop about it.

What makes it funny is that the Laker fans were berating the Jazz fans about crying about the refs. It would seem that according to Laker fans that they are just in crying about the refs because, well, for some reason in their mind.
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#347 » by Kefa461 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Joey Crawford, Bennett Salvatore, and Mark Wunderlich are the trio tonight, so what do you think of these 3 for the game....... 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#348 » by Kefa461 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Kefa461 wrote:Joey Crawford, Bennett Salvatore, and Mark Wunderlich are the trio tonight, so what do you think of these 3 for the game....... 8)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: crying does work.......I love it.......... 8)

The NBA......Where Amazing Happens... :rofl: 8)

Is that Kefa crying.....I think not...... 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#349 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Some of you fans can blame it on the refs all you want, but the fact is that if they weren't down by 25 points in the 4th quarter they would have won that game. If they were down, say even 15 points, they win that game easily. You cannot blame the refs for the Lakers coming out flat and not coming to play.
Bgil
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#350 » by Bgil » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:24 am

Wade2k6 wrote:Some of you fans can blame it on the refs all you want, but the fact is that if they weren't down by 25 points in the 4th quarter they would have won that game. If they were down, say even 15 points, they win that game easily. You cannot blame the refs for the Lakers coming out flat and not coming to play.

They didn't come out flat. They were up by 7 points until the refs started making the presence felt.
The bad calls clearly disheartened the Lakers.

The Jazz are the most physical team in the NBA. their whole game plan from 1-5 was to beat us up. How else do you think Matt Harpring is going to defend Kobe Bryant?

Okur and Boozer were perfectly content to push and grab for every rebound. AK47 was exposed for his slow footspeed and made up for ti by trying to reach.

The free-throw discrepancy matches the difference in team physicallity.

Cry about it, but realize that the only reason you are here is because of the refs, it's a shocker your superstar and most of all the Zen Master don't realize it

San Antonio? Other than one late game call, Kobe got no calls and only shot 6 free-throws the entire series.
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#351 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:47 am

bgil should be a politician..this guy spins ANY negative Lakers story..I have to give you credit for your attempts bro..
HarlemHeat37
Banned User

Post#352 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:50 am

bgil should be a politician..this guy spins ANY negative Lakers story..I have to give you credit for your attempts bro..
Be.Trist
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#353 » by Be.Trist » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Ok first of all, about the spurs-lakers game and the fisher foul. Barry TRAVELLED. and i also remember some ridiculous calls like odom's block that gave the opportunity to the spurs to get back in the game in the last minutes.

Now it is a fact that from the beggining of the P-O's , the home teams have been gettin a lot of "care" from the refs. It happened in all the games.I Think it's a fact that annoys all true bball fans.
But Game 2 between lakers and celtics was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of the line , in comparison to the other p-o games, u gotta admit that.
I mean common , it's one thing kobe gettin 18 FT's vs Utah , and a completely other one L.Powe gettin 13 FT's in 14min , 3 more than the whole LA team together!
I will not comment every false call made by the refs in that game like the ridiculous calls on kobe or the block by turiaf, those who saw the game are aware of them.
All i hope is that, if the series go to game 7(they probably will) , the refs make an effort not to screw the game and let the best team win.
KNICKS1970
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#354 » by KNICKS1970 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:06 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:bgil should be a politician..this guy spins ANY negative Lakers story..I have to give you credit for your attempts bro..

I agree, he's very impressive. I think if I read all of Bgil's posts at the same time I would think that the Lakers were leading 3-1 and won the last 10 NBA titles.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User

Re: Official NBA Referee "Bashing" Thread 

Post#355 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:47 am

what a disgraceful 4th quarter job from the refs..disgusting..we kept having to hear about Kobe's "steal" in the 4th quarter, as if he actually did anything legal..it was a stupid play, he gambled and they bailed him out..clearly a foul, and I have no idea how you don't call that when the other team is trying to tie the game with 40 seconds left..
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,497

Post#356 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:39 am

^

Yeah, that was disgraceful. However, if KG had made his FTs, it would have been nice. Damn it!
LakerRings
Ballboy

Post#357 » by LakerRings » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:45 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:what a disgraceful 4th quarter job from the refs..disgusting..we kept having to hear about Kobe's "steal" in the 4th quarter, as if he actually did anything legal..it was a stupid play, he gambled and they bailed him out..clearly a foul, and I have no idea how you don't call that when the other team is trying to tie the game with 40 seconds left..

please, refs clearly favored boston all night - same screwjob from ken maurer as in game 2.
lilbendapimp
Bench Warmer

Post#358 » by lilbendapimp » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:27 am

What's going on sports fans? I haven't made a post in like 2 years, but I always come to read some of you guys post.

On to the subject, Boston is clearly being favored by the refs. When driving to the hoop, I've seen a lot of calls Kobe should've had. If someone drives to hoop and he has 4 defenders all over his back, there is going to be a foul somewhere. In game 4, Paul Pierce was driving to the hoop leaning in with his shoulder and Kobe had his hands up. They then call a foul on Kobe. At that point, the score was 92-89. I also want you guys to go back and look at this. Luke Walton tripped and fail on the floor, Paul Pierce then tripped over him on purpose. They called a foul! Look at the replay and one would see what I'm talking about. The refs mostly been favoring Pierce throughout the entire series. I'm not trying to whine or anything like that. Just re-watch the games and you'll see all the missed calls the refs didn't call on Boston against the Lakers. I wish they'll let those guys play. The refs decided game 1 and 2. The others 3, 4, and 5 were being called fair. In those games, there were bad calls on both sides of the ball.
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#359 » by zen_4_10 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:12 pm

In 2 games in Boston the Celtics are +35 FTA averaging a +17.5 per game

In 3 games in LA the Lakers were +13 FTA averaging a +4.3 per game.

Yeah, the Lakers are really being handed these games by the refs :roll:
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#360 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:18 pm

zen_4_10 wrote:In 2 games in Boston the Celtics are +35 FTA averaging a +17.5 per game

In 3 games in LA the Lakers were +13 FTA averaging a +4.3 per game.

Yeah, the Lakers are really being handed these games by the refs :roll:

You actually have to watch the game in order to have a say. Those numbers don't mean anything because some teams are just more aggressive. A lot of people have said that the refs gave Boston game 2 and gave the Lakers game 5. The other games haven't received too many complaints. I'm not sure where you're reading people claiming the Lakers are being handed the games other than last night. Those last 2-3 minutes was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen over any short time period, and I don't see how any person can influence me otherwise.

Return to The General Board