Official NBA Referee "Bashing" Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

NBA on NBC
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#21 » by NBA on NBC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:52 am

Bashing referees are teh ghey.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,677

Post#22 » by SOUL » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:00 am

Refs, start being nice to Dwight. He's a nice guy. You should be nice to him. You should not be giving the benefit of the doubt to Calvin **** Booth or Joel Pryzbylla who is bigger than Dwight. Stop falling for flops or I'll flop on your wives.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#23 » by NetsForce » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 am

Soul wrote:Refs, start being nice to Dwight. He's a nice guy. You should be nice to him. You should not be giving the benefit of the doubt to Calvin **** Booth or Joel Pryzbylla who is bigger than Dwight. Stop falling for flops or I'll flop on your wives.

Darko is that you? :oops:
NBA on NBC
Banned User

Post#24 » by NBA on NBC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:08 am

Soul wrote:Refs, start being nice to Dwight. He's a nice guy. You should be nice to him. You should not be giving the benefit of the doubt to Calvin **** Booth or Joel Pryzbylla who is bigger than Dwight. Stop falling for flops or I'll flop on your wives.

A player/team has to meet certain prerequisites in order to fully attain the Referee Support Treatment. Dwight Howard does not meet their standards as of now.
Vanhoo
Junior

Post#25 » by Vanhoo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:30 am

Theres only two teams in the league that shouldn't bitch about refs.

Lakers and Spurs.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#26 » by HarlemHeat37 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:52 am

actually, Boston and Cleveland definitely get more calls than San Antonio and LA..by Cleveland I mean Lebron of course..Boston is undoubtedly 1st in my mind..it doesn't take anything away from them though, I still consider them to be the best team in the NBA..

I complained about the Warriors finish against LA, because it was a terrible call..but the Lakers definitely don't get as many calls as is speculated on this forum, and definitely not as much as they used to receive during the 3-peat..Kobe doesn't get nearly as many calls as Lebron or Paul Pierce(strangely) do, among others..

the Spurs getting all the calls is actually a myth..I find myself getting angry about calls all the time, which shouldn't happen if my team gets all the calls, right?..Spurs and Lakers hatred involving refs is more of a creation by the fans that hate winning teams..specifically from Phoenix Suns fans(concerning the Spurs at least)..LA and San Antonio are coincidentally the 2 most winning teams of this decade..

I wasn't angry with the calls tonight because it was the Lakers..more so because it was a TERRIBLE CALL and Derek Fisher was involved..I would have been angry if it was another team involved too..although I was more hyped about the game since I was cheering against the Lakers..
exkonvict
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#27 » by exkonvict » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:15 am

everyone fails to appreciate the greatness of the Fish flop. don't blame the refs, blame Fish for taking acting lessons in Hollywood!!!
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#28 » by prekazi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:35 pm

^^LeBron getting all the calls is also a myth :roll: of course kiddin', refs love LeBron, Wade and Duncan. Only calls LeBron can't get is he's so strong that fouls don't effect him that much so sometimes refs forget their whistles. Wade has the edge here over him because he gets every kind of call. I don't know why but they don't like Kobe that much. I'm afraid one day he'll attack on them.

Btw flop of the year isn't Fisher's move. It was Damon Jones against Toronto last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0JZmI20nfc
Serpo
Veteran

Post#29 » by Serpo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:03 pm

Obvios flops should result in technical fouls and some of the regular technical fouls like taunting , showing some emotion or hanging on the rim HAVE to go .
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#30 » by BROWN » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:17 pm

Fishers flop might of costed warriors a chance for the 7th seed.
now there only .5 up on the nuggest instead of being tied for the 7th.

I hate the refs
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#31 » by yehyeh82 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:24 pm

^^I wouldn't say that, but the refs did take away a chance for the Warriros to win the game or even a chance for that magnificent game to go into another overtime.

Does anyone know when the show when an ex-ref goes over controversial calls from the week is on? I want to see what he has to say about this one.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#32 » by Manocad » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:31 pm

My philosophy has always been that as a team, you don't put yourself in a position to "lose" the game because of a bad call. In other words, it's not enough to have a single possession lead at the end; be up by 10. Then you don't have to worry about it.

In other words, plan accordingly.
Andrew Bynasty
Banned User

Post#33 » by Andrew Bynasty » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:40 pm

brownwarriors wrote:Fishers flop might of costed warriors a chance for the 7th seed.

I hate the refs

They were still down 2 with less than 5 seconds... Its not like it was a gimme that they were going to win that game if that call hadnt been made.
at87on
Rookie
And1: 348

Post#34 » by at87on » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:02 pm

In the NHL, diving is a 2 minute penalty for unsportsman like conduct. They should have technicals for flopping in the NBA. I as a Spurs fan get sick of Oberto and Ginobili flopping along with the likes of Derek Fisher, virtually all European players, Raja Bell, Devin Harris, Verajao and etc...
panacea
Veteran

Post#35 » by panacea » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Vanhoo wrote:Theres only two teams in the league that shouldn't bitch about refs.

Lakers and Spurs.

Edited. I won't even go there.
tms386
Senior
And1: 240

Post#36 » by tms386 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:30 pm

brownwarriors wrote:Fishers flop might of costed warriors a chance for the 7th seed.

I hate the refs

Um...instead of leaving your playoff hopes in the hands of Derek Fisher, how about your team actually goes out every night, plays some defense and wins some games? If you miss the playoffs it's not just that one bad game that cost you the playoffs, it's the whole season.
akikan
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#37 » by akikan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:58 pm

tms386 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Um...instead of leaving your playoff hopes in the hands of Derek Fisher, how about your team actually goes out every night, plays some defense and wins some games? If you miss the playoffs it's not just that one bad game that cost you the playoffs, it's the whole season.

the warriors has only lost 5 more games than the lakers so far, if it werent for fishflop and they pulled it out yesterday, it wouldve been 3.

well, yea, i guess lakers fans have the right to talk about winning games with their team doing sooo much better and all
Xandre
Freshman

Post#38 » by Xandre » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:19 pm

akikan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

the warriors has only lost 5 more games than the lakers so far, if it werent for fishflop and they pulled it out yesterday, it wouldve been 3.

well, yea, i guess lakers fans have the right to talk about winning games with their team doing sooo much better and all

Well, the Lakers are the second seed and the Warriors are fighting for their playoff lives, so there's quite a big difference between the two teams.
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#39 » by eatyourchildren » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Isn't this an Officiating bashing thread?

Why are we getting mad at Derek Fisher? He already said that he thought it should have been a no-call. Is he really that evil?
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#40 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:04 pm

The flop of the year is def Amare not even getting touched by dwight and he literally jumps back and hits steve nash. I wish i could find the video

Edit: nvmd i found it...watch amare this is sad.

Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.

Return to The General Board