NBA Champions: Mavericks post championship discussion

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

UglyBugBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 810

NBA Champions: Mavericks post championship discussion 

Post#1 » by UglyBugBall » Tue May 21, 2024 12:48 pm

It looks inevitable that the Mavs are marching toward a championship title this season. I put $500 before the playoffs started that they'll make the finals. I now regret I didnt put it on them winning the whole thing.

The wolves lack the offense and the Celtics lack the defense to beat them. As obvious as it is to everyone that the Celtics will make the finals, is how obvious it is to me that the Mavs will win the finals. I respect both teams, and especially the wolves who beat all expectations. You guys will be a tough out for the foreseeable future.

I want to discuss how this changes the NBA.

1. Is Luka now the best player in the NBA with his first ring and FMVP? I think so. He'll have separated himself from prime harden and will be considered the next great player post LeBron 20 years from now.

2. Is this team setup for a dynasty? They're really young and with Lively, Omax and Hardy developing I think they have a great shot at repeating next year.

3. OKC will likely have to retool because of how the Mavs dismantler them. They'll probably come out better next year, but they'll lack the top end talent the Mavs have.

4. The wolves were built to beat the Nuggets, but they didn't think about the Mavs. Unfortunately they're now built to beat a team that isn't the one they'll need to beat going forward.

5. The Celtics will likely trade Jaylen brown. There's a chance they do a mini rebuild or major retooling because of the upset.

6. Jason kidd will be considered a top 5 coach in the NBA, when he has been consistently considered a bottom ten one until now. I've been saying for a while that Kidd is the second best coach in the NBA and this title proves it.

7. The NBA officiating will remain loose with a lot of physicality allowed for the foreseeable future, with the Mavs being a big beneficiary of that .

How do you think this title shapes the NBA?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,980

Re: NBA Champions: Mavericks post championship discussion 

Post#2 » by thelead » Tue May 21, 2024 12:51 pm

Seriously?
TravisScott55
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,059

Post#3 » by TravisScott55 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 pm

For your sake I hope this ages well lol...
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,442

Post#4 » by DaGawd » Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 pm

way to jinx your team lol
BaF
Washington Wizards
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,445

Post#5 » by Gusto1903 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:01 pm

DaGawd wrote:way to jinx your team lol

Mavs looking scary good
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
danvato
Rookie
And1: 1,109

Post#6 » by danvato » Tue May 21, 2024 1:12 pm

didn't read.

can we pls lock and suspend OP for a few weeks.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,442

Post#7 » by DaGawd » Tue May 21, 2024 1:13 pm

Gusto1903 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:way to jinx your team lol

Mavs looking scary good

luka top 15 point guard
BaF
Washington Wizards
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,891

Post#8 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 21, 2024 1:16 pm

Lot of weird stuff on here during the playoffs.
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,176

Post#9 » by Hellcrooner » Tue May 21, 2024 1:17 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:It looks inevitable that the Mavs are marching toward a championship title this season. I put $500 before the playoffs started that they'll make the finals. I now regret I didnt put it on them winning the whole thing.

The wolves lack the offense and the Celtics lack the defense to beat them. As obvious as it is to everyone that the Celtics will make the finals, is how obvious it is to me that the Mavs will win the finals. I respect both teams, and especially the wolves who beat all expectations. You guys will be a tough out for the foreseeable future.

I want to discuss how this changes the NBA.

1. Is Luka now the best player in the NBA with his first ring and FMVP? I think so. He'll have separated himself from prime harden and will be considered the next great player post LeBron 20 years from now.

2. Is this team setup for a dynasty? They're really young and with Lively, Omax and Hardy developing I think they have a great shot at repeating next year.

3. OKC will likely have to retool because of how the Mavs dismantler them. They'll probably come out better next year, but they'll lack the top end talent the Mavs have.

4. The wolves were built to beat the Nuggets, but they didn't think about the Mavs. Unfortunately they're now built to beat a team that isn't the one they'll need to beat going forward.

5. The Celtics will likely trade Jaylen brown. There's a chance they do a mini rebuild or major retooling because of the upset.

6. Jason kidd will be considered a top 5 coach in the NBA, when he has been consistently considered a bottom ten one until now. I've been saying for a while that Kidd is the second best coach in the NBA and this title proves it.

7. The NBA officiating will remain loose with a lot of physicality allowed for the foreseeable future, with the Mavs being a big beneficiary of that .

Say good bye to 500 bucks.
TrentTuckerRule
Junior
And1: 935

Post#10 » by TrentTuckerRule » Tue May 21, 2024 1:17 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:It looks inevitable that the Mavs are marching toward a championship title this season.

A statue of Luka complaining to the officials will be unveiled in the front of the American Airlines Center next to the Dirk's one.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,223

Post#11 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 21, 2024 1:18 pm

Reminds when Mavs went up 2-0 on the road in 21 against the Clippers and we had a DAL championship ramifications thread, it turned out great I tell ya! Jinx on RGM, Jinx on...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,522

Post#12 » by Celts17Pride » Tue May 21, 2024 1:18 pm

Celtics #2 in the NBA in defensive efficiency and #3 in the NBA Playoffs in defensive efficiency (without Porzingis) lack the defense to beat Dallas?

Ok. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,035

Post#13 » by Dirk » Tue May 21, 2024 1:19 pm

As per non written GB rules. You can only have one bad topic up.

For now, you can have this one, since "NOW YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTES".

We're granting you the benefit of the doubt that you genuinely believe some of the things you write... but please don't abuse our good will.
60/21/10

Return to The General Board