Jokic during the fourth quarter.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,088

Jokic during the fourth quarter. 

Post#1 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 17, 2024 3:50 pm

Stood up the whole quarter with this look. What do you think his stat line be in game 7? ANT vs Jokic game 7 going to be epic. Love ANT btw my favorite non Nuggets player in the NBA.

Read on Twitter
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,569

Re: Jokic during the fourth quarter. 

Post#2 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri May 17, 2024 3:53 pm

This assumes the look means, "You're dead next game."

Why can't it mean:

"I'm tired."
"I miss my horses."
"I'm embarrassed."
"I feel bad about the argument my wife and I had earlier."
"I want it that way."
"When will they play the Serbian national anthem at games?"
"Let me give the camera something to look at."
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,481

Post#3 » by Woodsanity » Fri May 17, 2024 3:53 pm

Wont matter if Jamal Murray keeps playing like kwame brown
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,645

Post#4 » by ___Rand___ » Fri May 17, 2024 3:55 pm

Woodsanity wrote:Wont matter if Jamal Murray keeps playing like kwame brown

Somehow I know Murray will show up at game 7. Question is the TWolves team that showed up game 6 will show up in game 7.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#5 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 17, 2024 3:55 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:This assumes the look means, "You're dead next game."

Why can't it mean:

"I'm tired."
"I miss my horses."
"I'm embarrassed."
"I want it that way."

People who think Jokic doesn’t care about basketball is hilarious. You can tell he is ultra competitive. You don’t go from 41th pick in the draft to 3 time MVP without caring.
MambaVenom24
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#6 » by MambaVenom24 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:27 pm

Man, it got me pumped, we have the NBA Finals and it is going GAME 7 !!!

I have 0 clue who's going to win but I hope it will be entertaining and both squads in full effect. The timberwolves look to have Denver figured out, AGAIN ! but I don't doubt Jokic one bit hopefully it will be insane and not a blowout a la dallas phoenix a couple of postseasons ago or last postseason, I can't remember.

Conley back is very huge, because teams need a true PG like old school who isn't looking for his but bring the ball half court and doesn't shy away when moment comes (think derek fisher type ). It was iconic for me conley passing an open 3 to a semi open edwards just to get him going, stuff like this wins you the battle in the long run.

Gobert's absence wasn't as big as Conley last game.

Honestly I can't bring myself to root for one of them, I will be happy with either one advancing. Minesotta advancing would be a redemption arc for a lot of those guys, and how can you not root for Jokic, Gordon and the rest of the gang ...
F Saunders
Sophomore
And1: 286

Post#7 » by F Saunders » Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

Before this thread gets out of hand, Jokic said he stood all quarter in order to keep loose for his workout after the game. No other reason.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,082

Post#8 » by thinktank » Fri May 17, 2024 4:33 pm

Haven’t seen this mentioned so I will:

After the game he said he was staying warm to lift after the game.

That’s what the man said.
KAT in the 2024 playoffs: 19.1, 9.0, 2.6 on 46.6 / 36.1 / 85.5.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#9 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 17, 2024 5:29 pm

thinktank wrote:Haven’t seen this mentioned so I will:

After the game he said he was staying warm to lift after the game.

That’s what the man said.

That’s what he said yes. But he works out after every game and never stood up before on the bench during a game. He is not going to admit it but he is pissed. But you can clearly tell he was pissed. He face was red watching
Woodsanity
RealGM

Post#10 » by Woodsanity » Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 pm

Dude is definitely pissed off. He will be aggressive game 7 but it wont matter if his teammates put up more disappearing acts.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 16,062

Post#11 » by Patches Perry » Fri May 17, 2024 5:37 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:This assumes the look means, "You're dead next game."

Why can't it mean:

"I'm tired."
"I miss my horses."
"I'm embarrassed."
"I want it that way."

"What does this game mean for LeBron's legacy"
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 774

Post#12 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri May 17, 2024 5:37 pm

Jokic said in the post game he was standing to stay warm for his post game workout.

Either way, the Nuggets are not winning the championship this year and it has nothing to do with Jokic. Jamal Murray isn’t even playing at a starting PG level at the moment. You could argue he’s almost entirely unplayable. Is he injured? That seems to be the case. But at some point you have to wonder what Denver is going to do with their second option who is never healthy. You only have so many kicks at the can with Jokic and let’s say they have 4 or 5 more runs with Jokic in his prime. I don’t think anyone can say with confidence that Jamal will be healthy for even half of those. So really, you maybe have 1 or 2 more chances at a title for this core.
Woodsanity
RealGM

Post#13 » by Woodsanity » Fri May 17, 2024 5:40 pm

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:Jokic said in the post game he was standing to stay warm for his post game workout.

Either way, the Nuggets are not winning the championship this year and it has nothing to do with Jokic. Jamal Murray isn’t even playing at a starting PG level at the moment. You could argue he’s almost entirely unplayable. Is he injured? That seems to be the case. But at some point you have to wonder what Denver is going to do with their second option who is never healthy. You only have so many kicks at the can with Jokic and let’s say they have 4 or 5 more runs with Jokic in his prime. I don’t think anyone can say with confidence that Jamal will be healthy for even half of those. So really, you maybe have 1 or 2 more chances at a title for this core.

Jamal has had 2 elite postseason runs, 2 missed postseason runs due to injury, 1 ok postseason run and one where he is playing like Kwame Brown. His value has always been grossly overstated.... He is replaceable by a lot of guards.

AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#14 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 17, 2024 5:42 pm

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:Jokic said in the post game he was standing to stay warm for his post game workout.

When have you ever seen Jokic stand up watching the game on the bench? He works out every time after the game to my knowledge I have never seen him just stand up and watch the game like that off of the bench. He was pissed he won’t admit publicly but he was pissed. I expect one of the best games of his career let’s see how the rest of Nuggets respond. I think it will be a hell of a game. And yes I think the Nuggets are winning the championship this year.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior

Post#15 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri May 17, 2024 5:44 pm

Woodsanity wrote:

Jamal has had 2 elite postseason runs, 2 missed postseason runs due to injury, 1 ok postseason run and one where he is playing like Kwame Brown. His value has always been grossly overstated.... He is replaceable by a lot of guards.

For me it’s simple. Two things are true about Murray:

1. When he’s healthy he’s outstanding and a legit second option on a championship team
2. He is almost never healthy
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior

Post#16 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri May 17, 2024 5:45 pm

AleksandarN wrote:

When have you ever seen Jokic stand up watching the game on the bench? He works out every time after the game to my knowledge I have never seen him just stand up and watch the game like that off of the bench. He was pissed he won’t admit publicly but he was pissed. I expect one of the best games of his career let’s see how the rest of Nuggets respond. I think it will help if the game. And yes I think the Nuggets are winning the championship this year.

That’s fair I haven’t seen him do that.

However I still don’t share your confidence. With Murray playing like he’s not even an NBA rotation player, this team simply isn’t good enough.
Handlez
Junior
And1: 676

Post#17 » by Handlez » Fri May 17, 2024 5:45 pm

GOAT stance and eyes.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,200

Post#18 » by Optms » Fri May 17, 2024 5:45 pm

I would have that look if my team was also getting rammed on national TV against a team with Rudy Gobert and KAT
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,697

Post#19 » by Statlanta » Fri May 17, 2024 5:49 pm

I hope he goes out Westbrook style not in shooting his team out the game but leaving no bullets left
Aaron Gordon, Devin Booker, Tyrese Halliburton, Trae Young, Anthony Edwards and Luka Doncic all made the Conference Finals.

Where’s Joel Embiid?
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,635

Post#20 » by Mrakar » Fri May 17, 2024 5:52 pm

It will be a meme one way or another.
If Nuggets win it will be "and i took that personaly" meme, and if they lose its perfect pose to photoshop ona beach or horsetrack...
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:

Return to The General Board