Suggs would go ahead of Mobley in the redraft

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Re: Suggs would go ahead of Mobley in the redraft 

Post#41 » by MagicMatic » Sun May 5, 2024 9:21 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Depends on who is taking him.

I’m taking Suggs 10/10 times if I have Paolo.

I’m also taking Franz ahead of Mobley. You are a fool if you think otherwise.

You still taking Franz after that game 7 performance?

Yeah. I’m not letting 1 game decide this. Mobley is a role player at best.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,233

Post#42 » by BDM22 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:23 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

All of these guys are elite role player types.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,198

Post#43 » by Iwasawitness » Sun May 5, 2024 9:27 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

So is Franz based on what I saw from this entire series.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,783

Post#44 » by Roger Murdock » Sun May 5, 2024 9:28 pm

lol

Suggs aint as good as rookie Mobley yet.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,638

Post#45 » by EmpireFalls » Sun May 5, 2024 9:32 pm

Franz left his shot in Germany. The shooting regression from him is mind boggling. He completely lost not just his 3 point jumper but any jumper period. Super bizarre.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,835

Post#46 » by Rainwater » Sun May 5, 2024 9:33 pm

I Mobly really has potential I would take him over Suggs and Suggs is pretty good himself.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,924

Post#47 » by basketballRob » Sun May 5, 2024 9:41 pm

Rainwater wrote:I Mobly really has potential I would take him over Suggs and Suggs is pretty good himself.
I may look at them differently next season when Mobley gets an $250m extension for 5 years, and Suggs gets $125m.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,835

Post#48 » by Rainwater » Sun May 5, 2024 9:44 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Rainwater wrote:I Mobly really has potential I would take him over Suggs and Suggs is pretty good himself.
I may look at them differently next season when Mobley gets an $250m extension for 5 years, and Suggs gets $125m.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

That is an overpay for each.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#49 » by Vampirate » Sun May 5, 2024 9:47 pm

Biff wrote:He shot 51% his rookie year and 58% this year. Yeah, he hasn't become a super dynamic offensive player but that is a huge increase in efficiency. People saying he hasn't improved need to understand stats beyond just looking at volume numbers.

I think what people mean by he hasn't improved is he hasn't really added anything substantial, though I do think his 3 point shooting/FT shooting has gotten better.

Mobley's greatest flaw to this date is he can't self create his offence, or if he could, his teammates won't allow it.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#50 » by Vampirate » Sun May 5, 2024 9:52 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:I remember people on here saying Mobley could be Tim Duncan with a three point shot :lol: Good times

I mean the talent was there to become an all time great player, he just hasn’t had the rapid improvement that future superstars do their first few seasons in the NBA.

I still think that while it helped Cleveland in the standing and in the immediate future, trading for Mitchell stunted Mobley's development.

He was basically relegated as a role player to win right away only instead of asking to expand his game and the team taking it's lumps.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 904

Post#51 » by Roy T » Sun May 5, 2024 9:52 pm

Mobley has been Markannend by the Cavs. Trade him to another team with a borderline coaching staff and he will be wildin
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,345

Post#52 » by Godymas » Sun May 5, 2024 10:42 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:
Godymas wrote:Suggs is the definition of "every single team wants this guy"

Elite defensive guard, can handle the ball, can playmake, can catch and shoot 3s. Willing role player. In such a guard heavy league EVERY contender will want a Jalen Suggs.

Mobley on the other hand is a dud on offense and seems to have made 0 movement towards really developing a meaningful offensive game. It's extension time and he's really just marginally better from his rookie year. The worst part is twice now he has shown that in the elevated playoffs he is unable to adapt his game meaningfully on offense.

It's a shame too because there were talks that Mobley might be the true #1 of the 2021 draft shortly after their rookie years, but for some reason Mobley is not growing and it's alarming.

Maybe it is the coaching of JB Bickerstaff, maybe it's Cleveland's insistence on sticking Mobley with Jarrett Allen.

Cleveland is in a strange situation this off-season, because they could end up deciding that Mobley is not the guy they want to pay on their timeline, instead they retain Garland + Allen, trade Mobley for a better fitting player, and trade Mitchell? Mitchell is supposed to be the superstar in Cleveland, none of the other guys are clearly ever going to be superstars, just normal stars. It's an awkward situation when your rebuild was accelerated and then left behind. I almost feel like Cleveland would rather just have Markkanen + Sexton.

So, you made this post in the middle of Game 7 today when it looked like Orlando was going to advance.

I'd suggest you wait in the future.

ah yes the TEAM outcome 100% determines the individual's performance, you're clearly a very smart smart person. Today's bad performance from Suggs on offense clearly erases the 6 of 13 from 3 and 22 points he dropped in game 6
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,345

Post#53 » by Godymas » Sun May 5, 2024 10:44 pm

shi-woo wrote:Why are people posting like Suggs didn't just shoot 40% from 3 this year, and make big 3pnt shots all series for the Magic?

What am I missing that these posters have seen?

Or are they confusing him with Fultz.

He's the perfect player to play point with Paolo and Franz who want the ball in their hands, and has the ability to be an elite starting calibur role player. Right now Mobley hasn't shown more than him, he just has size which is viewed as better in the NBA.

The poster who said Marcus Smart, said that like it was a bad thing :lol: Dude won DpoY, and Suggs is a better shooter, and doesn't make the bad plays that Smart is known for making.

It's hard to find a comp for Suggs, He reminds me of a young Jrue, and they have similar strengths and weaknesses. I think he reaches that level, and has a similar career being best suited playing off of 2 other stars who like to playmake, and can focus on just playing hard and locking dudes up.

Mobley right now reminds me of late late late post knee injuries KG, and think that his ceiling so far is 2012 KG. KG was still an elite defender around this time, but he was limited on offense, and wasn't asked to score at all.

It's really team dependent, but I think both are similar levels at this point, and I dont see that changing in the future

Jrue Holiday was actually the comp that Kevin O Connor gave on Suggs after his rookie year. I think Suggs could be more valuable than Jrue ever was.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,198

Post#54 » by Iwasawitness » Sun May 5, 2024 10:46 pm

Godymas wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:

Elite defensive guard, can handle the ball, can playmake, can catch and shoot 3s. Willing role player. In such a guard heavy league EVERY contender will want a Jalen Suggs.

Mobley on the other hand is a dud on offense and seems to have made 0 movement towards really developing a meaningful offensive game. It's extension time and he's really just marginally better from his rookie year. The worst part is twice now he has shown that in the elevated playoffs he is unable to adapt his game meaningfully on offense.

It's a shame too because there were talks that Mobley might be the true #1 of the 2021 draft shortly after their rookie years, but for some reason Mobley is not growing and it's alarming.

Maybe it is the coaching of JB Bickerstaff, maybe it's Cleveland's insistence on sticking Mobley with Jarrett Allen.

Cleveland is in a strange situation this off-season, because they could end up deciding that Mobley is not the guy they want to pay on their timeline, instead they retain Garland + Allen, trade Mobley for a better fitting player, and trade Mitchell? Mitchell is supposed to be the superstar in Cleveland, none of the other guys are clearly ever going to be superstars, just normal stars. It's an awkward situation when your rebuild was accelerated and then left behind. I almost feel like Cleveland would rather just have Markkanen + Sexton.

So, you made this post in the middle of Game 7 today when it looked like Orlando was going to advance.

ah yes the TEAM outcome 100% determines the individual's performance, you're clearly a very smart smart person. Today's bad performance from Suggs on offense clearly erases the 6 of 13 from 3 and 22 points he dropped in game 6

Buddy, Suggs is not more valuable than Mobley. Mobley’s defense was game changing in this series. You’re acting like Suggs was an offensive juggernaut. In reality he only averaged 2.3 more PPG than Evan. This is a stupid thread.

No one in their right mind would ever take Suggs over Mobley.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#55 » by WentzerWuver » Sun May 5, 2024 10:53 pm

Lol Mobley all day for me. OKC tried to trade SGA for Mobley cause he is that good on defense, which I agree as to why the Cavs won today!

No contest on this thread.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#56 » by WentzerWuver » Sun May 5, 2024 10:56 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Godymas wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:

Buddy, Suggs is not more valuable than Mobley. Mobley’s defense was game changing in this series. You’re acting like Suggs was an offensive juggernaut. In reality he only averaged 2.3 more PPG than Evan. This is a stupid thread.

No one in their right mind would ever take Suggs over Mobley.
Exactly! Only a fool would take Suggs over Mobley!
JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 240

Post#57 » by JT3000 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:02 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

Lol Mobley all day for me. OKC tried to trade SGA for Mobley cause he is that good on defense, which I agree as to why the Cavs won today!

Look at you trying to make it sound like that wouldn't be one of the worst decisions ever. :lol:
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,105

Post#58 » by tmorgan » Sun May 5, 2024 11:07 pm

I mean, I think it’s documented that OKC offered SGA and a lesser lotto pick for the #1 overall that became Cade.

It isn’t something I like to remember. So thanks.
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#59 » by RunOKC » Sun May 5, 2024 11:26 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

OKC tried to trade #6 and a bunch of future firsts - not SGA.

OKC was never trading SGA for Mobley OR Cade.. Presti had a rapidly improving star willing to extend and sit through a second year of rebuilding. A lot of people at the time dubbed his 24ppg average as putting up stats on a bad team, but anyone watching knew SGA was legit. Presti knew what he had.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,580

Post#60 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 11:26 pm

I’d rather have Mobley and it’s not close.

Suggs is a fine player but some of the shine will come off one he gets overpaid.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.

Return to The General Board