Zero chance Denver repeats...(Fault the front office)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Re: Zero chance Denver repeats...(Fault the front office) 

Post#81 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 5, 2024 4:04 pm

Handlez wrote:Champions have to tinker with roster if they hope to repeat.

Denver did nothing and lost a great role player in Brown.

It's absolutely insane they didn't do anything they could to help an all time great player in his prime.

If Minny doesn't end them, Dallas/OKC or Boston will.

They simply can't keep up without substantial help off the bench.

Denver front office should be ashamed.

I believe the team wanted to give Watson more play. He did a fine job of filling in Brown's minutes in the regular season. Not the same type of impact offensively, but he's still young.

Prioritizing Watson over Brown was a risk, but it was the right move imo for a number of reasons. Watson is going to be helping Jokic for many years to come.

I'm not the only Nugget fan that thinks Malone should be giving him more burn in the playoffs, but that's another topic.

Denver will be in the finals again. Mark it down.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,384

Post#82 » by hardenASG13 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:14 pm

LLJ wrote:Man, all this stuff about Bruce Brown. You won't find many Raptor fans in here singing the praises of Bruce Brown...

It's funny. Many people who claim Jokic is the best player they've ever seen are already building an excuse in case they lose, being down 1-0. It's just that Denver didn't play anyone as good as Minnesota last year. And there's two more rounds that will be true (if Boston or New York make the Finals) if they can win this round. If Bruce Brown was that valuable of a player, on a team with a guy many have double, triple and quadrupled down is the best player they've ever seen, you have to question whether he is close to that. Or maybe they played extremely weak competition last year, similar to Giannis in 2021.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#83 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 5, 2024 4:26 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Sixth men for the most dominant champs since the 90s:

Bulls - BJ then Kukoc
Rockets - Cassell
Lakers - Horry
Spurs - Manu
Lakers pt 2 - Odom/Bynum
Heat - Ray
Warriors - Iguodala (finals mvp)

List goes on. You need 10 guys to win a ring. 1 major rotation player (even a defender) is a big hit for any contender. Tricky part is retaining the depth while salaries increase.

Hence, why the Front Office prioritized Watson over Brown.

It's not like Brown has been killing it in any impact stat you look at.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#84 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 5, 2024 4:31 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
LLJ wrote:Man, all this stuff about Bruce Brown. You won't find many Raptor fans in here singing the praises of Bruce Brown...

It's funny. Many people who claim Jokic is the best player they've ever seen are already building an excuse in case they lose, being down 1-0. It's just that Denver didn't play anyone as good as Minnesota last year. And there's two more rounds that will be true (if Boston or New York make the Finals) if they can win this round. If Bruce Brown was that valuable of a player, on a team with a guy many have double, triple and quadrupled down is the best player they've ever seen, you have to question whether he is close to that. Or maybe they played extremely weak competition last year, similar to Giannis in 2021.

There isn't a single post in this thread by a Nuggets fan making the claim that you say they are.

Nice try, though.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,384

Post#85 » by hardenASG13 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:42 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

There isn't a single post in this thread by a Nuggets fan making the claim that you say they are.

Nice try, though.

I honestly haven't read every single post, but isn't this thread saying the Nuggets front office failed because they let Bruce Brown get away? I don't see any other differences for them, except improved Braun and harder opponents. Let's see how they do.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,155

Post#86 » by MrSparkle » Sun May 5, 2024 4:42 pm

hippesthippo wrote:

Bulls - BJ then Kukoc
Rockets - Cassell
Lakers - Horry
Spurs - Manu
Lakers pt 2 - Odom/Bynum
Heat - Ray

List goes on. You need 10 guys to win a ring. 1 major rotation player (even a defender) is a big hit for any contender. Tricky part is retaining the depth while salaries increase.

Yeah, but Brown was much better for them than Watson?
C3H6N6O6
Analyst
And1: 3,910

Post#87 » by C3H6N6O6 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:43 pm

Difference between the Lakers and Timberwolves is that the best defender for Timberwolves doesn't have any pressure to produce on the offensive end whereas AD also had to produce a lot on the offensive end.

This is why Jokic looked tired today. I still think that Murray and MPJ can get hot for 4 games and win this. Murray might be a little banged up but the major difference is that teams are defending him more closely after last year's run.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,708

Post#88 » by Cubbies2120 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:50 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:

Who are these "many people" building their excuse?

This ain't like Harden/Embiid fans who have the playoff failure excuses ready to go day 1 of the playoffs...

Nuggets will still get it done, and I hope the people here that are gassing up the Wolves keep that same energy if the Nuggets win, don't want to see that revisionist history of "Well the Wolves weren't THAT good..." downplaying the Nuggets run again.

Bruce Brown is not the difference between a championship and no championship...anyone saying that is delusional.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,258

Post#89 » by KyRo23 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:54 pm

Shocked to see so many saying Watson is better than Bruce Brown… because no he is not :lol:
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 5, 2024 4:56 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:

Bulls - BJ then Kukoc
Rockets - Cassell
Lakers - Horry
Spurs - Manu
Lakers pt 2 - Odom/Bynum
Heat - Ray

Yeah, but Brown was much better for them than Watson?

I would only go so far as to say that Bruce Brown is a better play than Peyton Watson right now. I think Watson will be the better player, possibly as soon as next year.

Also, I bolded the part about "retaining the depth while salaries increase," for a reason. The Nuggets have a **** of money locked up in Jokic, MPJ, and Murray --not to mention Gordon-- and all of the tax penalties recently became significantly more punitive.

Jokic is going to be a Championship level player for a long time. Maximizing the team around him for the entirety of it is the goal. Flaming out Milwaukee style would be unacceptable.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 5, 2024 5:00 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

Nice try, though.

I honestly haven't read every single post, but isn't this thread saying the Nuggets front office failed because they let Bruce Brown get away? I don't see any other differences for them, except improved Braun and harder opponents. Let's see how they do.

I did read every post. The OP isn't a Nuggets fan. He's just someone looking to take a dump on the Nuggets.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 5, 2024 5:04 pm

KyRo23 wrote:Shocked to see so many saying Watson is better than Bruce Brown… because no he is not :lol:

Again, nobody has said that. The difference isn't as significant as you seem to believe, but ok.

However, he is cheaper and has the potential to be a better player. He was never going to improve without getting more minutes, so the Nuggets made a choice.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I double checked and a single poster said Watson is better. My bad.
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#93 » by jigga_man » Sun May 5, 2024 5:07 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:People calling Jokic an all-time great, yet in the same paragraph admit that he requires a good bench to win championships. This is exactly why I don't consider Jokic an all-time great yet. He's required the services of Jamal and good benches to win before. You remove the help around him and he's a regular superstar, not a champion.

Start drinking early today before typing that did ya?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

If you want to argue that Jokic won last year without the services of Jamal and a good bench, be my guest.

First MVP to win a title without an all star teammate in almost 30 years

Go home, you're drunk
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,335

Post#94 » by Walmart » Sun May 5, 2024 5:10 pm

Denver made a lot of bad choices, didn't even try to replace Jeff Green. And this series, they're going to have to play Deandre Jordan.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,258

Post#95 » by KyRo23 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:12 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:Shocked to see so many saying Watson is better than Bruce Brown… because no he is not :lol:

Again, nobody has said that. The difference isn't as significant as you seem to believe, but ok.

However, he is cheaper and has the potential to be a better player. He was never going to improve without getting more minutes, so the Nuggets made a choice.

Bro, I'm literally reading it in this very thread :lol:

Also, "The difference isn't as significant as you seem to believe, but ok." Where did I even say the significant difference? I just said he is not better than Brown. Weird response, man

Roseability wrote:Bruce Brown is not better than Peyton Watson. Also, Christian Braun has improved. Denver has a solid three man bench though not deep bench.

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Watson is better than Brown. And Christian Braun is better. The roster is fine.

If anything Jamal Murray being injured may be the difference.

Still this is a total overreaction to 1 game. Denver will be fine.

He has the potential to be, but he's just not better, that's all. To even see 2 people say this is far too many for me off the first 2 pages :lol: :lol:
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 5, 2024 5:16 pm

forget it
Stan
Sixth Man
And1: 2,493

Post#97 » by Stan » Sun May 5, 2024 6:10 pm

I don't even care if he ends up being right, OP is a fool for basing this off them losing literally ONE game :lol:
NotaHypeJob
Sixth Man
And1: 2,302

Post#98 » by NotaHypeJob » Sun May 5, 2024 6:18 pm

This is just low-key an excuse thread for Jokic if Denver losses or an attempt to overrate Jokic if they win
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#99 » by Charlesareed » Sun May 5, 2024 6:37 pm

I picked the nuggets in 6 and I’m sticking by my pick and yes it was foolish of the front office not to add a bench scorer that can come in a score in spurts losing Bruce brown was always gonna hurt bad having no one to replace what he brought to the team is insane also keeping Deandre Jordan is even worse because he provides nothing and is taking up roster space
Chicago Raised me
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 562

Post#100 » by Ssj16 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:12 pm

I think the Nuggets have enough to get it done if Murray is playing even at less than 100%. MPJ is playing much better this playoffs and I think Jokic and kick it up another gear to be the best player on the court for 4 out the remaining 6 games.

Return to The General Board