Zero chance Denver repeats...(Fault the front office)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,838

Re: Zero chance Denver repeats...(Fault the front office) 

Post#21 » by AleksandarN » Sun May 5, 2024 2:56 am

AussieCeltic wrote:Zero chance? Zero????

Their chance is as good as anyone left. Wolves matchup well with them. Will be a tight series and if they get through, they’re going back to the finals and they’ll be favourites

I remember when the Nuggets had zero chance going down 3 1 in two playoff series. But hey this is realgm king of overreactions
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,639

Post#22 » by shi-woo » Sun May 5, 2024 3:06 am

Naa i understand what the GM was thinking.

They lost Brown who got 20 mil, and Green who was drafted in 2007, I don't think either guy was viewed as irreplaceable.

Reggie Jackson didn't mesh well last year, but he was arguably the 2nd best player on a team that went to the WCF 2 years ago, and has had a career that would make Brown blush. He's 6'4 with a 7 ft wingspan, I think they thought with an offseason under his belt he would be better than he actually is. His stats looked find in the regular season, but hes been an absolute zero for them over 2 years and just looks terrible on offense and defense. If he even just played with some semblance of the energy he used to, Nuggets would literally be unbeatable. But he doesn't, so theres that.

Watson, Braun have been good, Braun just is in a cold slump, but they were solid players all year and can contribute. Braun looked good last year, so it only makes sense that they thought he would be more consistent thi year. The one thing they didn't figure out was the Jeff Green back up 5 minutes. I think again they were hoping that Zeke would be able to give them some minutes, but he isn't there yet.

Can't really fault them, Murry is clearly not 100, and it's making Jokic work hard all game, and it's clearly showing.

Denver just needed one more player to play the backup 5fault, and possibly a backup 1. Don't know what they could have gotten, but you can't really rault the FO for hoping for a little improvement from certain guys.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,104

Post#23 » by life_saver » Sun May 5, 2024 3:11 am

funny thing is it was their bench that brought them back into the game today whereas they lost the starter minutes comfortably today...just a one game though, I agree that their bench is a weakness
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#24 » by HotelVitale » Sun May 5, 2024 3:12 am

Dumb take, DEN played well and MIN just didn't miss in the last 5-6 minutes. Some sick shots from Ant and Naz Reid banked in a heave (also scored 4 other times in the 4th without missing), and Jokic had his chances and just didn't execute that well.

MIN's a really good team and this will be a good series. Watch the basketball.
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,908

Post#25 » by jehosafats » Sun May 5, 2024 3:12 am

Roseability wrote:Bruce Brown is not better than Peyton Watson. Also, Christian Braun has improved. Denver has a solid three man bench though not deep bench.

Bruce Brown was a much better shooter. Malone doesn't trust his bench at all.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#26 » by HotelVitale » Sun May 5, 2024 3:17 am

jehosafats wrote:
Roseability wrote:Bruce Brown is not better than Peyton Watson. Also, Christian Braun has improved. Denver has a solid three man bench though not deep bench.

Bruce Brown was a much better shooter. Malone doesn't trust his bench at all.

Don't think Watson's better than BB but BB was a reliable shooter basically only for like 1.5 years in his career. DEN year was the only time he shot more than 2 threes per game (Watson's already matched Brown's career high in 3s per minute). And take out that year and year before and he's at like 30% for his career from 3. Could've easily just been an outlying season and change.
Handlez
Junior
And1: 538

Post#27 » by Handlez » Sun May 5, 2024 3:18 am

Bruce Brown in the playoffs last year...

12, 4, 2, on 51%.

Along with D.

They did ZERO to replace him.

Clutch, too.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,601

Post#28 » by Devilanche » Sun May 5, 2024 3:20 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Bruce Brown did the dirty on Denver to be fair, he promised that he would return (for unders) only to accept the bag from Indiania.

Can't really blame the Nuggets front office for that imo.

When the bag is that big, who can blame him ?

More money is always better, more so for roleplayers.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,002

Post#29 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun May 5, 2024 3:20 am

Watson is better than Brown. And Christian Braun is better. The roster is fine.

If anything Jamal Murray being injured may be the difference.

Still this is a total overreaction to 1 game. Denver will be fine.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,413

Post#30 » by Black Jack » Sun May 5, 2024 3:21 am

How much help does Jokic need 8-)
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
syrus3
Pro Prospect
And1: 931

Post#31 » by syrus3 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:29 am

Well we know that only Lebron and Tatum are allowed to have super teams according to the double standards of certain fans.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,646

Post#32 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun May 5, 2024 3:35 am

The “hot takes” after every game are getting old for me.

Sports talk has just become so over the top and irrational. It’s like everyone grew up watching SAS and are now trying to emulate the way he discusses sports.

I know I’m the old man yelling at clouds, but damn, am I the only one who thinks these posts after every game are just awful for intelligent basketball discussion?

Next game the Nuggets could win by 20 and the narrative would be “Nuggets figured them out, they’ll win the next three now, no one can stop Jokic/Murray”

Anywho, guess this is just what sports/sports fans are now.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 405

Post#33 » by Wolves21 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:39 am

The problem wasn't losing Brown at all it was not finding a legit back up big to spell Jokic for some minutes or to play along side him.

Braun,Jackson & Watson isn't that bad of a bench again its the lack of a big man.One piece in the offseason they need to find.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,324

Post#34 » by doogie_hauser » Sun May 5, 2024 3:52 am

Minnesota is probably the deepest team in the league (yes maybe more than mh Celtics)

Having Conley and Reid play starring roles off the bench, in addition to Ant-Man's explosive performance was a luxury maybe no other team in the league can match.

Maybe, just maybe the Wolves are better than we all thought coming into the playoffs.
Certainly Ant looks like he was born to star in the post season.

I think game 1 probably says more about how good Minnesota is than Denver tbh.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,371

Post#35 » by zimpy27 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:56 am

LoL at zero chance
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,450

Post#36 » by BigGargamel » Sun May 5, 2024 3:59 am

zimpy27 wrote:LoL at zero chance

:lol:

Nuggets played like trash and still could have easily won if Naz Reid didn't go superhuman for a few minutes.

It was one game.

There are 7 games in this series. I'm pretty sure a few teams in the history of the NBA playoffs have come back from that insurmountable 1-0 deficit. I could be wrong though.

This board and their overreaction takes. Never, ever, EVER change. :lol:
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,104

Post#37 » by life_saver » Sun May 5, 2024 4:14 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Minnesota is probably the deepest team in the league (yes maybe more than mh Celtics)

Having Conley and Reid play starring roles off the bench, in addition to Ant-Man's explosive performance was a luxury maybe no other team in the league can match.

Maybe, just maybe the Wolves are better than we all thought coming into the playoffs.
Certainly Ant looks like he was born to star in the post season.

I think game 1 probably says more about how good Minnesota is than Denver tbh.

Conley is a starter
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,031

Post#38 » by sp6r=underrated » Sun May 5, 2024 4:26 am

Their chance is as good as anyone left. Wolves matchup well with them. Will be a tight series and if they get through, they’re going back to the finals and they’ll be favourites

I'm surprised you feel this way as a Celtics fan. They are easily the best squad we've seen since peak Warriors.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,526

Post#39 » by baldur » Sun May 5, 2024 4:31 am

Wolves21 wrote:The problem wasn't losing Brown at all it was not finding a legit back up big to spell Jokic for some minutes or to play along side him.

Braun,Jackson & Watson isn't that bad of a bench again its the lack of a big man.One piece in the offseason they need to find.

I would have a look at bitadze.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,380

Post#40 » by AussieCeltic » Sun May 5, 2024 5:02 am

sp6r=underrated wrote:

I'm surprised you feel this way as a Celtics fan. They are easily the best squad we've seen since peak Warriors.

I’ll respect the champs until someone knocks them off.

They’re not unbeatable but I think they should be favs in every series until that happens.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.

Return to The General Board