Zero chance Denver repeats...(Fault the front office)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,126

Re: Zero chance Denver repeats...(Fault the front office) 

Post#101 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sun May 5, 2024 7:36 pm

jigga_man wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Start drinking early today before typing that did ya?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

If you want to argue that Jokic won last year without the services of Jamal and a good bench, be my guest.

First MVP to win a title without an all star teammate in almost 30 years

Go home, you're drunk

The narratives people use to prop the guys they like are absolutely insane. Jokic has won 1 round in his playoff career without Murray, beating the Lillard - CJ McCollum dynasty in 6.

Murray averaged 26, 6 and 7 on .586 ts% in the playoffs last season but it didn't matter cause he never made an all star team. Poor guy could average 50, 10 and 10 on 0.900 ts% but unfortunately for him it just wouldn't count cause making an all star team is what truly matters.
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,985

Post#102 » by mcmurphy » Sun May 5, 2024 7:51 pm

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
jigga_man wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
If you want to argue that Jokic won last year without the services of Jamal and a good bench, be my guest.

Go home, you're drunk

The narratives people use to prop the guys they like are absolutely insane. Jokic has won 1 round in his playoff career without Murray, beating the Lillard - CJ McCollum dynasty in 6.

Murray averaged 26, 6 and 7 on .586 ts% in the playoffs last season but it didn't matter cause he never made an all star team. Poor guy could average 50, 10 and 10 on 0.900 ts% but unfortunately for him it just wouldn't count cause making an all star team is what truly matters.

dude, tell me how many players you know who losing a max contract in the team and not replacing him (and without other players not even borderline all-star)... took the team to the playoffs both years, won 1 round in the first post-season and the next year lost to the future Champions... IN THE WEST

I'm wait...
Handlez
Junior
And1: 539

Post#103 » by Handlez » Sun May 5, 2024 8:04 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
There isn't a single post in this thread by a Nuggets fan making the claim that you say they are.

Nice try, though.

I honestly haven't read every single post, but isn't this thread saying the Nuggets front office failed because they let Bruce Brown get away? I don't see any other differences for them, except improved Braun and harder opponents. Let's see how they do.

I did read every post. The OP isn't a Nuggets fan. He's just someone looking to take a dump on the Nuggets.

I actually am a Nuggets fan because of Jokic. (Only because of Jokic) Regardless, I want to see them win. I want Jokic to quiet the naysayers. I like Jokic's play and personality.

I'm just highly concerned because I don't see how they can pull it off with this roster and with Murray's play.

I'm trying a reverse jinx type of thing, admittedly, and I am willing to look idiotic to get there. I hope the Nuggets make me look stupid, but deep down, I don't see how they repeat with this roster and Murray going downhill.
MambaVenom24
Sophomore
And1: 121

Post#104 » by MambaVenom24 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:36 pm

I don't know if it has been said but this is the NBA Finals this year, the winner of this series is getting the chip.

Dallas or OKC are too hobbled or inexperienced to hang with Denver, and if Boston comes out of the east I'm pretty convinced they'll do a Boston and lose like good boys in 5 or 6 with one or both of the jays having an epic meltdown.

The Timberwolves are set for this nuggets so with jokic nullified or at least impaierd by the slew of defenders thrown at him, murray being again defended very tight it will come down to the squad and they are putting Denver in difficult situations. Let's put it like this MPJ had a good statistical game but they made him put it on the floor for more than 2 driblles on a couple of occasions, which makes MPJ look terribly bad as a basketball player.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#105 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sun May 5, 2024 8:57 pm

mcmurphy wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
jigga_man wrote:

Go home, you're drunk

dude, tell me how many players you know who losing a max contract in the team and not replacing him (and without other players not even borderline all-star)... took the team to the playoffs both years, won 1 round in the first post-season and the next year lost to the future Champions... IN THE WEST

I'm wait...

Did you miss my point or are you choosing to ignore it? You don't go from winning 1 round in 2 seasons to winning a ring by adding a mediocre player.

It's not about Jokic who is the best player in the league and has been for some time, it's about these nonsense narratives most of this board has been trying to push. Instead of talking about his supporting cast based on their level of play you see plenty of people ignoring facts and straight up lying just to downplay them.

More and more posters are ranking players and their supporting casts based on nothing but bullchit and I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it annoying.
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,715

Post#106 » by srhcan » Sun May 5, 2024 8:59 pm

Handlez wrote:Champions have to tinker with roster if they hope to repeat.

Denver did nothing and lost a great role player in Brown.

It's absolutely insane they didn't do anything they could to help an all time great player in his prime.

If Minny doesn't end them, Dallas/OKC or Boston will.

They simply can't keep up without substantial help off the bench.

Denver front office should be ashamed.

To be honest they should have been beaten by Lakers in the 1st round. It is an upset that they survive that series.
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,985

Post#107 » by mcmurphy » Sun May 5, 2024 9:32 pm

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

I'm wait...

Did you miss my point or are you choosing to ignore it? You don't go from winning 1 round in 2 seasons to winning a ring by adding a mediocre player.

It's not about Jokic who is the best player in the league and has been for some time, it's about these nonsense narratives most of this board has been trying to push. More and more posters are ranking players and their supporting casts based on nothing but bullchit.

from mediocre player to borderline all-star to carrying Jokic to win the ring is very different...

Murray is a borderline injuried all-star, with incostant performances...from role-player to superstar... if Murray was a consistent RS all-nba player Denver would be always #1 seed with a better positioning in the playoff
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,818

Post#108 » by TinmanZBoy » Sun May 5, 2024 9:51 pm

Jamal’s playoff run has been like top 15 player in the league. That is superstar status.
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sun May 5, 2024 10:20 pm

mcmurphy wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:

I'm wait...

It's not about Jokic who is the best player in the league and has been for some time, it's about these nonsense narratives most of this board has been trying to push. More and more posters are ranking players and their supporting casts based on nothing but bullchit.

from mediocre player to borderline all-star to carrying Jokic to win the ring is very different...

Murray is a borderline injuried all-star, with incostant performances...from role-player to superstar... if Murray was a consistent RS all-nba player Denver would be always #1 seed with a better positioning in the playoff

Who said anything about Murray carrying Jokic? If you got that from my post you need some serious help.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,238

Post#110 » by NYPiston » Sun May 5, 2024 10:29 pm

NotaHypeJob wrote:This is just low-key an excuse thread for Jokic if Denver losses or an attempt to overrate Jokic if they win

How the hell is Jokic overrated? Jeez, some of you people...

Also, it's one game ONE GAME FFS
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,231

Post#111 » by jigga_man » Sun May 5, 2024 10:31 pm

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

I'm wait...

It's not about Jokic who is the best player in the league and has been for some time, it's about these nonsense narratives most of this board has been trying to push. Instead of talking about his supporting cast based on their level of play you see plenty of people ignoring facts and straight up lying just to downplay them.

More and more posters are ranking players and their supporting casts based on nothing but bullchit and I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it annoying.

Jamal Murray played 65 games last season (new minimum threshold for all nba selection for this season) and he wasn't even in consideration for the all star team much less all nba. That's the Nuggets second best player.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sun May 5, 2024 10:49 pm

jigga_man wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:

I'm wait...

Jamal Murray played 65 games last season (new minimum threshold for all nba selection for this season) and he wasn't even in consideration for the all star team much less all nba. That's the Nuggets second best player.

What does that have to do with his production in the playoffs? It's also like there's more than 2 players on the roster and having one of the best starting lineups in the league actually matters. Just say you're trying to push your sorry narrative and save both of us some time.
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,393

Post#113 » by lessthanjake » Sun May 5, 2024 11:02 pm

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
jigga_man wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

What does that have to do with his production in the playoffs? It's also like there's more than 2 players on the roster and having one of the best starting lineups in the league actually matters. Just say you're trying to push your sorry narrative and save both of us some time.

I think there’s a couple things worth noting here:

First, someone can be not an all-NBA player (and not an all-star) and still improve a team a lot. Even a borderline all-star is a big deal for a team, especially on a team like the Nuggets that has really lacked in depth (Murray being out pushed guys like Campazzo and Austin Rivers into major playoff minutes).

Second, Murray isn’t generally an all-NBA player, but he did very arguably play like one in the 2023 playoffs. That was great for them in that run, but he’s not replicating that form in these playoffs (which isn’t surprising, since that’s not his normal level as a player).

So basically, what happened last year compared to 2021 and 2022 is that the Nuggets added a borderline all-star to a team with minimal depth, and that borderline all-star actually basically played like an all-NBA player in the playoffs. That’s definitely a major difference, and was obviously enough to make them go from an early-round-exit team to a title-winning team. What seems to be happening this year is that that borderline all-star player is not playing like an all-NBA player in the playoffs. That leaves them a better team than they were in 2021 and 2022, but not as good as they were last year. Of course, maybe Murray will quickly start playing a lot better than he has been. But I wouldn’t hold my breath, since we shouldn’t expect a guy to just constantly rise in the playoffs just because he has done it before (and especially not when there’s injury issues for him).
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,324

Post#114 » by doogie_hauser » Mon May 6, 2024 2:39 am

NotaHypeJob wrote:This is just low-key an excuse thread for Jokic if Denver losses or an attempt to overrate Jokic if they win

What seems to be forgotten is that due to parity and a variety of other reasons, it's bloody damn hard to repeat as champions in the NBA these days.

Teams get organically better or mature over the off season (like OKC and The Wolves) others make bold moves to bolster their roster (like the Celtics)

Joker's legacy is still intact for me even if Denver lose this series (which is far from over btw)

It's unreasonable to expect Ant is going to explode for a 43 plus point game for the remainder of the series. I expect Denver to bounce back in game 2.
Underestimate them at your peril
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,943

Post#115 » by jc23 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:46 am

I was curious about Denvers depth going into the playoffs. Just felt like they needed one more bench piece. I think it was a mistake to not make a move for a Caruso type, but if your the FO you must see that win or lose you will have to make that move next season.
Be curious, Not judgmental
The Hypnotoad
Rookie
And1: 420

Post#116 » by The Hypnotoad » Mon May 6, 2024 3:11 am

MambaVenom24 wrote:I don't know if it has been said but this is the NBA Finals this year, the winner of this series is getting the chip.

Boston’s beating either team. This feels like a classic sleep on Boston even though it’s been staring us in the face all year.
Lakers824
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#117 » by Lakers824 » Mon May 6, 2024 3:41 am

jigga_man wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Start drinking early today before typing that did ya?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

Go home, you're drunk

Don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure Dirk didn't have an all star teammate when he beat Lebron, Wade, and Bosh in 2011.
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 931

Post#118 » by Special_Puppy » Mon May 6, 2024 3:57 am

Roseability wrote:Bruce Brown is not better than Peyton Watson. Also, Christian Braun has improved. Denver has a solid three man bench though not deep bench.

Peyton Watson and Christian Braun are ass lol. They should not be in any serious playoff rotation
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer

Post#119 » by Special_Puppy » Mon May 6, 2024 4:01 am

Handlez wrote:Is Murray who we thought he was? (Not a legitimate all-star)

Inconsistent big shot maker.

I mean he’s not even playing like a top 100 player. He’s just been straight up bad the entire playoffs due to injuries, poor play, or just bad shooting luck
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer

Post#120 » by Special_Puppy » Mon May 6, 2024 4:05 am

I will say that Jokić hasn’t played like a superstar in the last 2 games, but I do think if you look at the underwhelming team results over the entire playoffs (where Jokić has done pretty well) I do think most of the blame lies at the feet of the supporting cast which while not bad is just not as strong as a typical championship supporting cast. If Jokić doesn’t play like a superstar in the Wolves series then obviously he deserves a healthy heep of blame though

Return to The General Board