Jimmy Butler: “If I was playing, Boston would be at home, New York damn sure would be at home“

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,896

Re: Jimmy Butler: “If I was playing, Boston would be at home, New York damn sure would be at home“ 

Post#101 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Sun May 5, 2024 10:37 am

Homerclease wrote:Image

Yep, dude is a broken record too…promises wins every game and people seem to think it means something ignoring all the times he’s wrong, including that missed 3 he didn’t need to go for in 2022 when he failed under the pressure of the moment.

I guess a broken clock is right twice a day.

I’d say enjoy your off season Jimmy, but he probably won’t unless he gets more attention.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,569

Re: Jimmy Butler: “If I was playing, Boston would be at home, New York damn sure would be at home“ 

Post#102 » by CoP » Sun May 5, 2024 10:58 am

RSCD3_ wrote:
CoP wrote:Yeah the Heat really missed his 45% eFG and 52% TS that he had in the ECF last season

He clearly wasnt the same after the injury earlier

Maybe he needs to toughen up. He's been injured nearly every playoffs recently, it's become more the norm than the exception.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,418

Post#103 » by itrsteve » Sun May 5, 2024 11:07 am

It’s crazy that idiots buy into him as if he’s a prophet of Basketball or something.

That 2023 series had a lot to do with unsuspecting guys like Struss and Vincent playing really well and hitting timely shots. Rather disingenuous to leave them out and treat yourself as the variable. Its also dangerous because they have a lot of fans that know nothing about basketball and keep this unsustainable hope alive. It’s dangerous for the franchise.
BarryLird
Pro Prospect
And1: 545

Post#104 » by BarryLird » Sun May 5, 2024 10:23 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
JnewFTW wrote:I love Jimmy, but stfu. He's right about the Knicks though.

We would've sent ya'll home in 5, don't kid yourselves.

We're a much better team than we were last year.
The Heat and their fans are so gassed.

We used to send those fools home on the regular in the 90's. They needed half our team to get suspended just to win a series against us. We used to spot them the division just to crush their souls in the playoffs.

If Dolan and Layden never happened to the Knicks the Heat wouldn't have won a damn thing.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,976

Post#105 » by Eagle4 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:30 pm

Jimmy truly is the ultimate troll :lol:
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,409

Post#106 » by Heat3 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:43 pm

BarryLird wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
JnewFTW wrote:I love Jimmy, but stfu. He's right about the Knicks though.

We would've sent ya'll home in 5, don't kid yourselves.

We used to send those fools home on the regular in the 90's. They needed half our team to get suspended just to win a series against us. We used to spot them the division just to crush their souls in the playoffs.

If Dolan and Layden never happened to the Knicks the Heat wouldn't have won a damn thing.

If Mourning wasn't suspended in 1998, the Knicks would not have won that series. So go ahead and cry about your suspensions like it only happened to your team. It has been so long since the Knicks were relevant that most Heat fans don't even think about them as rivals anymore. It's ancient history. New fans have been born, grown up and have kids of their own and all they've ever known is an irrelevant Knicks franchise.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,342

Post#107 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:47 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:Jimmy Butler.

3-4 good playoff series in his career and people act like he’s something.

I’ve never seen someone live off his reputation from so little. Average regular season player, playoff stinkers littered across his career including 14ppg on 29% shooting only 3 seasons ago.

Guy talks like he’s all that. Fact is, Herro and Bam carried him to the finals in the bubble and Caleb Martin/Gabe Vincent saved his ass last season.

When at his best, he’s an amazing player but he’s only at his best like 5% - 10% of the season.

Bbbbbbut they were the 8th seed and made the finals. Well, they shouldn’t have been an 8th seed with that roster to start with. A year removed from being the 1 seed with no major changes.

No chance Miami was beating Boston or New York this season. None

None.

Instead of battling playoff teams Jimmy gona be battling to find his spare batteries when his TV remote dies :clown:

meanwhile the Cubans in Miami couldn't care less :lol:
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,520

Post#108 » by Snotbubbles » Sun May 5, 2024 10:48 pm

Heat3 wrote:
BarryLird wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:We would've sent ya'll home in 5, don't kid yourselves.

If Mourning wasn't suspended in 1998, the Knicks would not have won that series. So go ahead and cry about your suspensions like it only happened to your team. It has been so long since the Knicks were relevant that most Heat fans don't even think about them as rivals anymore. It's ancient history. New fans have been born, grown up and have kids of their own and all they've ever known is an irrelevant Knicks franchise.

Ouch. True, but ouch.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,342

Post#110 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:54 pm

Heat3 wrote:
BarryLird wrote:

Ewing owned Zo, especially head to head matchups... keep dreaming

Both warriors but Ewing was different... he was so dominant. One of my favorite battles. Always respected Zo for his heart & passion... tough nosed defender imagine them on the same team :o
kivancb
Junior
And1: 410

Post#111 » by kivancb » Sun May 5, 2024 10:57 pm

Jimmy boy, oh Jimmy boy. You are right, but it does not make any difference at all. Both Boston and New York are ALREADY at home, awaiting their 2nd round games, while you, a sore loser (no pun intended) are also at home in south beach, waiting to see their games by looking at your tv.

Be better Jimmy, man up.
BarryLird
Pro Prospect
And1: 545

Post#112 » by BarryLird » Sun May 5, 2024 11:05 pm

Heat3 wrote:
BarryLird wrote:

You mean 1998 when the 55-27 Heat took on the 43 and 39 Knicks? 1998 when Larry Johnson got suspended in that series too? Wait, did I mention 1998 was when Ewing was nursing a broken wrist and didn't even play in that series? :lol:

Forever our sons :lol:

Relevant :lol:..... News Flash: LeBron took his talents back to Cleveland 10 years ago.

Knicks are more relevant in your own building than the Heat are. Miami has always been MSG south :lol:

Enjoy the off season :naaa:
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 463

Post#113 » by Hatrick Ewing » Sun May 5, 2024 11:08 pm

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Yep, dude is a broken record too…promises wins every game and people seem to think it means something ignoring all the times he’s wrong, including that missed 3 he didn’t need to go for in 2022 when he failed under the pressure of the moment.

I’d say enjoy your off season Jimmy, but he probably won’t unless he gets more attention.

What bro? Ur getting on him for one missed shot that would've sent him to the finals over your team for 3 out of 4 years? Lol
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,409

Post#114 » by Heat3 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:09 pm

BarryLird wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
BarryLird wrote: The Heat and their fans are so gassed.

You mean 1998 when the 55-27 Heat took on the 43 and 39 Knicks? 1998 when Larry Johnson got suspended in that series too? Wait, did I mention 1998 was when Ewing was nursing a broken wrist and didn't even play in that series? :lol:

Forever our sons :lol:

Relevant :lol:..... News Flash: LeBron took his talents back to Cleveland 10 years ago.

Knicks are more relevant in your own building than the Heat are. Miami has always been MSG south :lol:

The only interesting thing the Knicks have done in Miami in 25 years was when Amare busted his hand on a fire extinguisher after a playoff loss. "MSG South" :lol:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,896

Post#115 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Mon May 6, 2024 1:10 am

Hatrick Ewing wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

What bro? Ur getting on him for one missed shot that would've sent him to the finals over your team for 3 out of 4 years? Lol

The point being is Jimmy (and the media) love to push the narrative about him always being able to deliver when it matters most, here is just one example where he didn't. there are others.

Jimmy, just like other stars, even the really really good ones (which Jimmy is), miss just as much as they make. Tatum misses plenty but is also one of the highest efficiency scorers in playoff clutch last few seasons, but the narrative is he isn't.

Last season's final run for Heat was propelled as much if not more by hot 3 shooting streaks by role players. Jimmy had some massive games and some stinkers, just like Tatum for example.

Jimmy loves the attention and loves his bravado, it's sometimes worth respecting the belief he has in himself but often just comes off looking like a ****.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,324

Post#116 » by doogie_hauser » Mon May 6, 2024 2:48 am

His best ever teammate he played with was Embiid.
Him returning to Philly is his best chance at winning that Elusive ring..
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#117 » by WentzerWuver » Tue May 7, 2024 2:20 am

doogie_hauser wrote:His best ever teammate he played with was Embiid.
He love south beach too much to leave. Only thing Philly has is Pat's and Geno original you know what Lol

https://youtube.com/shorts/NExLfWID8EE?si=_hY8-GhoiG6loZNY
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,324

Post#118 » by doogie_hauser » Tue May 7, 2024 2:39 am

:wink:
WentzerWuver wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:His best ever teammate he played with was Embiid.
He love south beach too much to leave. Only thing Philly has is Pat's and Geno original you know what Lol

https://youtube.com/shorts/NExLfWID8EE?si=_hY8-GhoiG6loZNY

Can't imagine Pat's latest comments would have gone down too well witn Jimmy. Also apparently the ownership is very reluctant to give him a max extension.

A bitter divorce is definitely in play here between Jimmy and the Heat.

Return to The General Board