This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,718

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#141 » by SelfishPlayer » Sun May 5, 2024 7:05 pm

cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:He has put himself in that category with Dame and Kyrie, but not above it. He may do that soon, but hasn't yet.

Jalen Brunson is leading a team. Kyrie has never done that successfully. He tried in Boston and got ran out of the city. Dame depended on CJ. Dame is nothing without CJ. Brunson beat the Sixers by himself!

The bolded is silly, but Jalen is doing something Kyrie never could. Now Kyrie did something that Jalen hasn't been able to...win a ring as the #2, but I'd say what Jalen is doing is even more impressive and I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that if the Mavs had paid Jalen what he was worth, he would've matched Kyrie's achievement eventually.

CJ was Dame's "Pippen." Portland's entire offense was built around Dame running pick and rolls while CJ caught grenades and isolated. Portland was fortunate to have a guy like CJ who was amongst the league leaders in MADE BASKETS. Rhat is what made them a successful team, not "Dame Time." CJ has consistently been in the playoffs without Dame while Dame has been a loser. If Dallas had kept Brunson they would have been considered contenders for several seasons now. They have regressed from the WCF team.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 818

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#142 » by LaLover11 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:37 pm

Brunson Is not even better than Donovan Mitchell
Spida doesn't even have real teammates vs Brunson
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,002

Post#143 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun May 5, 2024 7:54 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
I’ll disagree there. This version of Brunson could do that next to prime LeBron.

Ok man. We already saw Brunson **** the bed v the Warriors with Luka.

So no proof otherwise.

It’s been 2 years since then. Brunson has gotten better. And is currently better than Kyrie was in that 15-16 season. No doubt he would’ve been able to do that next to LeBron.

What we’re seeing now, Kyrie’s never done either.

You can pretend he would. But he hasn't. Which is the premise of this thread.

And having a good first round series isn't as impressive. Sorry.

I hate Kyrie but its the truth.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,853

Post#144 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 8:06 pm

LaLover11 wrote:Brunson Is not even better than Donovan Mitchell

It's so fun how narratives change. 13 months ago it was all 'the Knicks have no chance, Mitchell > Brunson and the Cavs supporting cast >>> the Knicks supporting cast'. Now it's Mitchell who doesn't have enough help and that's why Brunson was able to outduel him :lol:

That said, if Spida is tired of losing and is ready to fit into our culture, he can come be the Pearl to Jalen's Clyde.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,951

Post#145 » by JasonStern » Sun May 5, 2024 8:06 pm

srhcan wrote:Just want to point out that Kyrie was also initially voted among top 75 players. But his stand against Covid vaccine made NBA unhappy and he was removed from the list.

Kyrie is in my top 75. Below Dame, but well above Trae and Mitchell.

I knowingly don't have as much respect for players that played before I was born. Players like Bill Russell might legit be the GOAT. But, you have people like George Karl saying the players would get drunk at halftime because you have to stay hydrated. And that's what the league was like back then. Kind of kills the legend. Not the same level of competition as the modern game.

"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
cgf
RealGM

Post#146 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 8:07 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

So no proof otherwise.

It’s been 2 years since then. Brunson has gotten better. And is currently better than Kyrie was in that 15-16 season. No doubt he would’ve been able to do that next to LeBron.

The truth is that Kyrie has been fantastic #2 in his career...and a massive loser as a #1.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#147 » by LaLover11 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:11 pm

cgf wrote:

It's so fun how narratives change. 13 months ago it was all 'the Knicks have no chance, Mitchell > Brunson and the Cavs supporting cast >>> the Knicks supporting cast'. Now it's Mitchell who doesn't have enough help and that's why Brunson was able to outduel him :lol:

That said, if Spida is tired of losing and is ready to fit into our culture, he can come be the Pearl to Jalen's Clyde.

How much help does Big Head Brunson need!!!!
Mitchell will always be the superior basketball player
JasonStern
RealGM

Post#148 » by JasonStern » Sun May 5, 2024 8:14 pm

bovice wrote:people love to hate on Dame but put Curry on Portland instead and name a series Portland wins that Dame lost.

I'll wait.

The first round exit against Nawlins. Jrue locked down Dame, but probably wouldn't lock down Curry. Outside of that, maybe they win a game or two in some random series.
- Chauncey Billups
cgf
RealGM

Post#149 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 8:23 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Well last season I was told that Cleveland had the 3 best players in the series, yet ol' big head still sent DM home...again...so I guess the answer is: not much.

Maybe if Mitchell gets to play with someone like Paolo or Jimmy he'll be able to finally beat Brunson...but probably not :wink:

JasonStern
RealGM

Post#150 » by JasonStern » Sun May 5, 2024 8:25 pm

cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:He has put himself in that category with Dame and Kyrie, but not above it. He may do that soon, but hasn't yet.

Jalen Brunson is leading a team. Kyrie has never done that successfully. He tried in Boston and got ran out of the city. Dame depended on CJ. Dame is nothing without CJ. Brunson beat the Sixers by himself!

The bolded is silly, but Jalen is doing something Kyrie never could. Now Kyrie did something that Jalen hasn't been able to...win a ring as the #2, but I'd say what Jalen is doing is even more impressive and I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that if the Mavs had paid Jalen what he was worth, he would've matched Kyrie's achievement eventually.

100% this. And the Mavericks would still have an additional 1st and two 2nds they used to acquire Kyrie. The Mavericks seem solid at identifying talent, but not developing and retaining it.
- Chauncey Billups
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#151 » by LaLover11 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:27 pm

cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Well last season I was told that Cleveland had the 3 best players in the series, yet ol' big head still sent DM home...again...so I guess the answer is: not much.

Maybe if Mitchell gets to play with someone like Paolo or Jimmy he'll be able to finally beat Brunson...but probably not :wink:

Mitchell will play with AD/LeBron next season
Brunson needs to go be #3 option with Giannis/Lillard lmao if he wants to win anything :)
cgf
RealGM

Post#152 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 8:28 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Brunson needs to go be #3 option with Giannis/Lillard lmao if he wants to win anything :)

That would be a good fit for Mitchell, AD & LeBron are also experts at losing in round 1 :wink:

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#153 » by LaLover11 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:30 pm

cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

That would be a good fit for Mitchell, AD & LeBron are also experts at losing in round 1 :wink:

LeBron has more Championships/Rings than your whole Knicks Organization lmao how pathetic
cgf
RealGM

Post#154 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 8:45 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

LeBron has more Championships/Rings than your whole Knicks Organization lmao how pathetic

You can keep living in the past, I'm busy enjoying the present and looking forward to the future 8-)

bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#155 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:22 pm

Spida has an all-star PG (Garland) and an all-star C (Allen) along with one of the up and coming PFs (Mobley) in the league. And he’s still got knocked out first round last year by Brunson and the Knicks :lol:

And he wasn’t better this season either.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,127

Post#156 » by Mr B » Sun May 5, 2024 9:43 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
I’ll disagree there. This version of Brunson could do that next to prime LeBron.

So no proof otherwise.

This is Bronson’s chance to prove he’s better than Kyrie. All he has to do is lead the Knicks to a Championship. We know Kyrie can lead a team as the 1A/B option on a title team. Kyrie was also the one that hit the series clinching shot. Can/will Brunson do that? This is his chance to prove that he can. If he can’t/doesn’t then Kyrie should/will still be considered the superior player compared to Brunson.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,127

Post#157 » by Mr B » Sun May 5, 2024 9:44 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

So no proof otherwise.

If Brunson wants to be considered better than Kyrie all he has to do is win the title this season.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#158 » by LaLover11 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:58 pm

Mr B wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

If Brunson wants to be considered better than Kyrie all he has to do is win the title this season.

Brunson will never be better than Kyrie
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,259

Post#159 » by KyRo23 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:06 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:Kyrie is literally better than Brunson RIGHT NOW. And peak Dame? Come on man

Not sure about this. Kyrie is playing great right now, but Brunson is playing better
cgf
RealGM

Post#160 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 10:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

Brunson has already done more than Kyrie ever has as a #1.

Return to The General Board